PDA

View Full Version : Flightzone 02: Portland Scenery

TomSteber
March 13th, 2009, 03:18
I know I'm WWAaayyyyyyyyyyyyy behind the times here, but I'm wanting to pick up the Flightzone 02: Portland scenery package over at Flight1.

Here's the deal, I went on their forum site and all the posts there were quite old. But there seemed to be a problem with running this scenery with UT.
I see that there was a patch, but that it also created some problems.
I was wondering if these problems have ever been worked out with a new download? I would post my questions over on that site, but I'm not sure if anybody goes there anymore. Figured I'd have better luck here.

I would be very interested in hearing from those of you who have this scenery. And did you have any problems and if so, what was your fix?

I am running both UT and GEP

falcon409
March 13th, 2009, 03:51
Tom,

I run Vista 32 with UT and GEP as well. I haven't been to Portland in some time and I'm rerunning both configs right now to ensure those sets are installed and active (I've been running VOZ scenery for about a month now for the GAAR). I'll go check the Portland scenery here in a bit and let you know what I see. I don't ever remember any problems though.

rpjkw
March 13th, 2009, 05:47
I also have UT and GEP and have no problems with the Portland scenery. I have an older rig so I get a slight drop in FRAPS, but not a problem. I heartily recommend it.

Bob

TomSteber
March 13th, 2009, 09:19
Should have mentioned, I'm running XP.

The posts I read about trouble in were from '07 in think.
That's why I wondered if their issue had been fixed.

falcon409
March 13th, 2009, 14:58
ok Tom,

Sorry to be so late getting back to you and now that I know you run XP, I would guess you'd have no problems whatsoever. Flightscenery Portland and Rhode Island are both the most accurate and realistic airport scenery addons I've ever seen. I've spent a lot of time in and around Portland International both for business (with the AF) and pleasure and I can vouch for the accuracy of not only the Commercial side but also the Military side. . .as a matter of fact, while the hotel itself isn't modeled, I can go right to the ground texture area where the hotel sits that I stayed in. . .the textures are that exact.

I would expect problems with Vista running all these programs before I'd see anything from XP. . .that's why I would think you'd be fine. You won't regret the purchase, but be advised that support comes almost 100% from the faithful on the flightscenery forum and "0" from the developer who disappeared long ago.

Gdavis101
March 13th, 2009, 15:52
When I was still using FS9, I ran both with out any issues.

CG_1976
March 13th, 2009, 16:13
I dont have the portland one but I have the Rhode Island one and have no issues with Xp Pro, GE Pro, UT.

TomSteber
March 13th, 2009, 17:59
Thanks guys. I just bit the bullet and picked it up. Haven't had time to do any real exploring this evening, but I did manage a quick hop around the patch.

One word... WOW!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

skyhawka4m
March 13th, 2009, 18:11
Go for it.....I am running XP with an average system and its awesome.

falcon409
March 13th, 2009, 18:20
Thanks guys. I just bit the bullet and picked it up. Haven't had time to do any real exploring this evening, but I did manage a quick hop around the patch.
One word... WOW!!!!
:applause::applause::applause::applause:
Oh Yea. . .you'll love it Tom and don't forget the other local airports that are included all in great detail. Holger's Columbia River Gorge addon (freeware) is a great addition as well. The flight up the Columbia River to the Dalles is really a nice one to take also. . .beautiful country up there.

FengZ
March 13th, 2009, 22:53
Oh Yea. . .you'll love it Tom and don't forget the other local airports that are included all in great detail. Holger's Columbia River Gorge addon (freeware) is a great addition as well. The flight up the Columbia River to the Dalles is really a nice one to take also. . .beautiful country up there.

but make sure to install the patch files from the FlightZone forum before installing these addons. Otherwise you'll end up with square tiles, especially around KSEA.

You should go to KSEA and slew up to about 3,000ft, and make sure you don't have any problems w/ your current install........just to be safe.

-feng

TomSteber
March 14th, 2009, 07:44
Ok, checked out the scenery around SeaTac and I do have the double (or false) coastlines. Went to the Flightzone support forum site to get the patch for this and when I click on the link for the patch it tells me (in so many words) that it's not there anymore with no other options.

Where else can I get (find) this patch?

:help:

P.S. Also checked Avsim Forum site and their link is to the same page.

EMatheson
March 14th, 2009, 07:47
http://www.flightscenery.com/flightzone02/links.htm

and, for the UTCRG combined update, check here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=75470

TomSteber
March 14th, 2009, 08:53
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! That did it!

WOW and a double WOW!!!

The only other thing I have to say is "Why did I wait this long to get this!"