PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys

BananaBob
March 12th, 2009, 18:33
Trying to get back into the swing of things, hopefully soon. I'd like to apologize also to the folks I had commitments with, sorry, depression grabbed a hold, I'm betting others here are feeling a bit of it also.

Cheers :ernae:
Bob

Panther_99FS
March 12th, 2009, 18:36
BB good to see you back! :applause::jump::applause:

But hey, always take care of yourself and family.....You've got your own personalized hangar here available anytime...:engel016:

Lionheart
March 12th, 2009, 18:39
Man dude!

I was worried.... !

Massively glad to see you back.

Ive had huge bouts with the 'd' word in my past. I learned how to fight that.. Evil thing..

Welcome back Herr Banana Meister!

:ernae:

Bill

Cazzie
March 12th, 2009, 18:47
Yea, 'Nana Bob's back with us. Now with Panther, LilSki, and BB back among us, it feels like all the bets have come home.

Glad to have you back among us Bob, hope you're treating that depression. Had a bad spot of that many years back, not suicidal or anything, just the bad-ass yucks! Couldn't do anything, didn't want to, sought treatment and found out shrinks are even worse, gave me Prozak, worse than depression, took them two weeks and told my wife street drugs are better!

Ended up finding out my depression was being cause by an unbalanced dopimine level that was effecting my thought process and was prescribed Stratera. Take two a day, every day, and will for the rest of my life. But I haven't had any of the bad yucks since.

Caz

MCDesigns
March 12th, 2009, 18:47
Yep, we were worried Bob, real glad to see ya back!!!
Hope all gets better soon. We're here for ya! :ernae::ernae:

harleyman
March 12th, 2009, 18:56
And I see ya still got the ol santa hat on...LOL

Good to see you BB...We were beginning to get a tad worried....

I understand those type of things..Its a tough world, and things do add up..

Whats important though is you faced it and came out a winner...good for you .....:applause::applause:

You sure have replaced some smiles back to us now...Thanks for that...

cheezyflier
March 12th, 2009, 19:35
glad things are looking a little brighter for you. i wish i had some nifty thing to say that could help. :wavey:

Spilot69
March 12th, 2009, 19:47
Glad your back around!

BOOM
March 12th, 2009, 20:07
Ive been looking at all your work[mostly F-14 skins]man you got great talent dude!!!! and by the looks of this thread alot of friends!!:ernae: Hope you feel better!!
/Patrick/

djscoo
March 12th, 2009, 20:11
Good to see ya back...gwen needs an update though, she's still in the holiday motif. :ernae:

limjack
March 12th, 2009, 22:02
:welcome: Back BananaBob. This place is the best medicine for any type of illness.

Jim

crashaz
March 12th, 2009, 22:03
I am another person recovered from depression... so you have a lot of support here! I beat it as well... been 7 years ago!

Glad to have ya back amongst the crew! :wavey:

spotlope
March 12th, 2009, 22:24
Hey, Bob! Good to see you 'round these parts.

Fireball6
March 12th, 2009, 23:55
All my best wishes for you :wave:

Dirk

Roger
March 13th, 2009, 00:22
Great to see you back Bob.

mississippi
March 13th, 2009, 00:56
Wecome back Bob . :wavey:

Thoe6969
March 13th, 2009, 02:54
Glad to see ya back,haven't seen you around here for quite a while.If you have the need to shoot the breeze with an old buckeye I'm not far away.Take care of yourself.

guzler
March 13th, 2009, 03:29
Hey B-bob, welcome back.

I know alot of people who have suffered depression through my coaching. Best thing is, they are some of the most passionate people I know and it's their passion that drives them to be the success that each of them are in their many different ways. Better to have strong emotion than to be part of the living dead. I suffer quite strong mood swings myself, and I find getting immersed in virtual worlds some times is a great way of dealing with it, so here I am saying "hello and welcome back" !!!

mike_cyul
March 13th, 2009, 03:40
Hiya Bob, welcome back, and have some fun. :)

Mike

Milton Shupe
March 13th, 2009, 04:04
:woot: :welcome: Back ... happy to see you are okay and on the upswing. We all have missed you ... take you time .... no commitments other than to yourself. Just enjoy. :applause:

Kevboy
March 13th, 2009, 04:06
Wecome back Bob .:welcome::jump:
Kevboy.

jankees
March 13th, 2009, 04:13
It's good to see you back, Bob!

Nick C
March 13th, 2009, 04:39
Glad you pulled yourself out of the void again mate :wave:

MudMarine
March 13th, 2009, 04:54
God bless you Bob! Depression is...........I feel for you! Take care of yourself!

foreigndevil
March 13th, 2009, 05:34
Have a banana, Bob, and welcome back!:wave:

JimC1702
March 13th, 2009, 06:09
Welcome back, Bob. Your paints are awesome, thank you for them!

Jim

Moses03
March 13th, 2009, 06:19
Good to see you back Bob. :wave:

Boomer
March 13th, 2009, 07:53
Welcome back Bob!

Good to see you back! :ernae:

MM
March 13th, 2009, 08:52
Welcome back Bob.

No matter what is going on, if you hang around us long enough, you'll start thinking that you are the only reasonable person in the neighborhood. And you'll be right.

gera
March 13th, 2009, 08:53
good to have you back.........by the way, who´s the blond????:faint:

Odie
March 13th, 2009, 09:01
A most hearty welcome back, sir ! :woot:

Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Bjoern
March 13th, 2009, 09:09
Welcome back, Bob! :ernae:

MorrisTheCat
March 13th, 2009, 09:36
Coming up behind you with the same problem, glad to hear from you and welcome back

MoCat

kilo delta
March 13th, 2009, 09:38
Good to have you back, Bob :welcome:

SpaceWeevil
March 13th, 2009, 10:11
I thought something was missing - very good to see you back :wave:

EgoR64
March 13th, 2009, 10:39
:friday:

Welcome back Bob !! :Banane37:

:ernae::ernae::ernae:

BananaBob
March 13th, 2009, 12:43
I appreciate it guys, it's great to have a family from all over the world, you're the best!:ernae:

Scratch
March 13th, 2009, 13:08
Sure is good to see you and Gwen again Devil Dog!! Welcome back:woot::friday::applause:

doublecool
March 13th, 2009, 13:08
:welcome: back BB.

You, your talent, and lets not forget Gwen were missed...:amen:

GT182
March 13th, 2009, 13:44
:wave: Great to see you back Bob! :ernae:

I've been thru it too but it pops back up once in a great while. Thank God for Wellbutrin XL. :d

c87
March 13th, 2009, 14:11
Glad to see you back in the forums Bob and hope you're seeing the sunny side of life again.

kilo delta
March 13th, 2009, 14:26
Just remember Bob.......when you're chewing on life's grizzle....don't grumble, ..give a whistle...

LxQgXgS5G3c

^^^ this always puts a smile on my face when I'm feeling down/pissed off :applause:

scotsman
March 13th, 2009, 14:32
Welcome back Bob - I really missed that lassie.

Mike

flewpastu
March 13th, 2009, 17:18
Ditto , welcome back

Bill

Barvan40
March 13th, 2009, 17:20
Good to see you back here Bob!

gigabyte
March 13th, 2009, 18:30
Bob great to see you back, you have been missed! I can relate to the depression thing, been there, done that, got the t-shirt, I went through a bad battle with it myself when I lost my hearing. Let me tell you when you wake up one morning to find you are deaf it is depressing! The feeling of helplesness is the worst of all, the best advise I can offer (it was the best advice I received anyway) is find something that gives you a feeling of satsfaction, something that makes you feel that you have made a valuable contribution, even the little things like helping someone can help you feel needed and valued. The other thing to never forget is you are not alone, regardless of how alone you feel (no one can appreciate the feeling of loneleyness that comes from sudden deafness) there are many people out there who have gone through the same thing and beat it - “One Day at a Time” my friend but “Don't let the B__tards get you down”!

"Ears Hopin"

Nick C
March 14th, 2009, 01:07
Having suffered from depression myself in the past, I have to say I'm quite astounded how many in just this small corner have dealt with it too. It's a horrible state to fight.

Sascha66
March 14th, 2009, 01:49
:welcome:

stovall
March 14th, 2009, 06:48
Things haven't been the same without ya Bob. Wishing you and yours the very best.

Tom

Mithrin
March 14th, 2009, 09:22
Good seeing you post again. :wavey:

Lionheart
March 14th, 2009, 16:23
Having suffered from depression myself in the past, I have to say I'm quite astounded how many in just this small corner have dealt with it too. It's a horrible state to fight.

Same here.

I have fought some huge battles.. Didnt know so many others had also.

spotlope
March 14th, 2009, 17:04
Oh yeah, I've had my run-ins with that beast as well. I've always known depression was prevalent, but this thread just proves it. The important thing is we're all here and all still kicking. :wavey:

lifejogger
March 14th, 2009, 17:07
I think we all get depressed at one time or another... Glad you beat and welcome back..

Navy Chief
March 14th, 2009, 18:07
Glad you are back, Bob. I can identify with the "D" problem.

I am struggling with a real bad case of it right now. Actually wish tomorrow was Monday, not Sunday. Need to get help soon. It's scary. Normally I snap out of it, but not this time. NC

hey_moe
March 14th, 2009, 18:50
Bob, hope all is well and going in the right direction for you and the family.When you are at your lowest there is only one direction left to go >>>>>> up.:rapture: You are among a lot of friends in here, it only shows ya how much support ya really have and we are all strangers.

Lionheart
March 14th, 2009, 19:16
Glad you are back, Bob. I can identify with the "D" problem.

I am struggling with a real bad case of it right now. Actually wish tomorrow was Monday, not Sunday. Need to get help soon. It's scary. Normally I snap out of it, but not this time. NC

Some of the things I do if a bit of depression sets in is;

* Put on a hilarious DVD like 'The Fifth Element' or a good Steve Martin movie (or Monty Python, of course.. Holy Graile is the best).
* Do a really intense flight in FS, complete with sectional and a preflight going through GoogleEarth of the terrain
* Go for a walk

And most importantly, prayer.. Not all of you are spiritual and dont relate, and thats ok, but for me, knowing what I know, it works..

You ever see those commedys where a guy is trying to make a decision, and he has a small devil on one shoulder telling him one thing, and an angel on the other shoulder telling him another?

(Going out on a limb here now. Bare with me... )

Now think in real life, what if you hear an inner voice (a thought) say 'I'm depressed'... and you think to yourself.. ok.. but I thought I wasnt depressed.. Red flag that bad thought... Fight that.. When you get thoughts like that, learn to identify them and combat them. Next time you hear that voice of depression within, say to yourself 'Nope! Im not depressed. I feel great! Life is dang great!' Then count your blessings. There are zillions of things to be thankful about..

Sometimes, 'telling off' that voice of 'bad things' that you arent depressed will turn the tide on the inner war quite swiftly.

For anyone that is interested, Joyce Meyers has a cool book called Battlefield of the Mind. It teaches you alot on this subject.

And for those of you who have different beliefs, no worries. You all know me by now. Sweet freedom.

Bill

Navy Chief
March 14th, 2009, 19:44
Thanks for the advice, Bill.

Actually, I am planning on doing some multiplayer tomorrow, FS9 type, with Flight Team Bremerhaven, if I am able to boot into my FS9 drive.

NC