PDA

View Full Version : Just flight F4U1 Corsair

gray eagle
January 5th, 2023, 04:34
The Just Flight F4u1 Corsair is advertised compatible up to P3D V4, does anyone know if it compatible with P3D V5.3?
Also, it this version a rebranded version of the Milviz aka Blackbird Simulations F4U? I'd like to buy the Milviz version
but they quit selling anything P3D.

Thanks

https://www.justflight.com/product/f4u1-corsair-birdcage

katonic
January 5th, 2023, 11:37
I can't speak to its compatibility with P3D v5 but it works well enough in v4.

As for the version question it is an early F4U-1 with the "birdcage" canopy and I believe was created for JustFlight by AeroplaneHeaven.

The no longer available Milviz model was a later F4U-1D with the cleaner, more "bubble" like canopy. I don't know if they ever sold it other than through their site.

The Milviz Corsair had better textures in my opinion and I felt the flight model was a bit more developed as well. Having said that, if you are a Corsair fan I think the JustFlight version is worth having. So far as I know it is the only early type Corsair available on the market and it looks and flies great.

Hope this helps some!

Chris

gray eagle
January 5th, 2023, 11:47
I can't speak to its compatibility with P3D v5 but it works well enough in v4.

As for the version question it is an early F4U-1 with the "birdcage" canopy and I believe was created for JustFlight by AeroplaneHeaven.

The no longer available Milviz model was a later F4U-1D with the cleaner, more "bubble" like canopy. I don't know if they ever sold it other than through their site.

The Milviz Corsair had better textures in my opinion and I felt the flight model was a bit more developed as well. Having said that, if you are a Corsair fan I think the JustFlight version is worth having. So far as I know it is the only early type Corsair available on the market and it looks and flies great.

Hope this helps some!

Chris

Thank you for the reply. :wavey: