PDA

View Full Version : 60J Odell Williamson Municipal Airport

tgycgijoes
December 27th, 2022, 16:54
This is my "home" field in Ocean Isle North Carolina. I was able to create it back in 2019 and have been flying from it ever since as my default flight in a C172 Skyhawk in FSX. I shop in Publix Supermarket directly across the highway and noticed the other week that there have been changes and additions like a fence all around that was open before and also some signs added. So...I decided to update it. I took my trusty digital Nikon with me on my shopping trip and parked at the end of the lot so I could stand on the sidewalk and shoot pictures. I had to laugh that people who were turning into the Publix parking lot would stop when I was focusing and wait until I had taken the shot so I waved a thank you to them as they proceeded to do their shopping. Over the past week, I tweaked it with the boundary fence. My only disappointment is all of the FSX fences have barbed wire on top even the ones that don't say anything about it but that's ok. I added custom made signs from Sketchup with jpg textures and engineering 4x4's painted with cracked paint textures (Sketchup is so cool) I figured out how to put the mitered tops on the posts like the real ones. I also managed to figure out where the beacon is and am using my custom beacon that Tom Gibson and I created for the Curtis L. Brown Airport though it is a little large but after all we went through I am not about to try and create the real exact one for here. It works really well. It's a SODE object as is the windsock. I am including a couple of screen shots here and adding it to the Warbirds Library. All the bgl's that are a part of this airport are included in the scenery folder as are the textures in the texture folder. Also, there is custom photoreal background with autogen evergreens which there a lot of around the airport. It is a challenge to come in over the 48 foot high one at the approach to Runway 6 which requires a 17 degree slope to clear. Runway 24 has 86 foot trees 1371 feet from the runway start almost on centerline requiring a 13 degree slope to clear. Both these obstructions are listed on Airnav and I used the proper height trees at the proper locations (for the first time at one of my airports). There are 2 light PAPIs on both runways which are edge lit. Only two hangers all other parking spots have tie downs. The parallel taxiway beyond the ramp is closed.

https://i.imgur.com/DNHD4bA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TpV1wQx.jpg