PDA

View Full Version : WW2 AI aircraft

Richard Westcott
March 12th, 2009, 09:39
Does anyone know of any WW2 AI aircraft?

I have spent most of the afternoon looking but without any luck.

Thanks

brad kaste
March 12th, 2009, 10:14
With the payware/donationware FDG2 Corsair package and B-17 that can be downloaded from here (SOH) you'll get AI's like the Corsair, Dev, and Dauntless, plus various B-17 AI's from the Fortress package.

PHo17
March 12th, 2009, 10:22
Many from CFS2 to FS2004 converted aircrafts can be easily used as AI aircrafts. I think those can be found here too.

Pekka

brad kaste
March 12th, 2009, 10:27
Richard,...I forgot to add there's some excellent scenery that comes with these two packages. For the Corsair,...it's called 'Scenery Midway WWII (PMDY)' and then there's a slew of RAF bomber airfields that's within the scenery called 'B-17 Bases.' Pretty cool watching the aircraft takeoff from either the British air bases or the US Navy aircraft from the Barkakoma and Rennell Solomon Islands scenery sets.

Wing_Z
March 12th, 2009, 11:15
Fsfrance had a Duxford AI package which was the bee's knees.
They have gone, but for a while their file was hosted at NZFF.org for the Wanaka AI pack.
Perhaps email one of the admin there to hear if it's still available.

delta_lima
March 12th, 2009, 11:21
A few others I should add ...

Yanko's carrier pack (US and IJN) - Wildcats, Dauntlesses, Zero's, aplenty
Some nice Dutch early-war biplane trainers as part of Ockenburg airfield (ocke1939.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=132253) )
Harry Levy's flight - some great Short Sunderlands, float-version Fairey Swordfish - all floats, no landplanes - bring your Mae West just in case ... :) but a great scenery/adventure pack.
I know there was a payware Hurricane and/or Spitfire pack that had AI planes - I believe it was around Biggin Hill, but I stand to be corrected.
Finally, the awesome Operation Valkyrie pack by Lionheart - more Luftwaffe planes than you ever thought possible ..:)

dl

Richard Westcott
March 12th, 2009, 11:32
Thanks guy's all sorted out now, I have even managed to write my AI flightplan the first time of asking.

All I need to learn now is the art of repaints.

Thanks for your help.

All the best