PDA

View Full Version : Problem When Posting

falcon409
December 3rd, 2022, 19:00
I asked this in another thread but got no answer so. . . .one more time; When I post, any "hard returns" I do to separate lines or paragraphs is ignored. When I go back to the post everything is smashed together. If I describe an image, do a couple of hard returns then post the image. . .load the thread and the text and image are stuck together. . .no spaces. I'm guessing this post will be the same. . .there are actually 3 hard returns separating the first, second, third and fourth sentences. Anyone else have this happening to them?

Mach3DS
December 3rd, 2022, 19:11
I don't understand what you mean....I see this post as a normal post?

falcon409
December 3rd, 2022, 22:20
I don't understand what you mean....I see this post as a normal post? And this is what I see! https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52541503874_b8df7a7cbd_k.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/gp/157601388@N02/g9FHFP6Wr5)returns (https://www.flickr.com/gp/157601388@N02/g9FHFP6Wr5) by Ed Wells (https://www.flickr.com/photos/157601388@N02/), on Flickr

TARPSBird
December 4th, 2022, 00:37
Ed, I saw your post the same way you saw it, all the text in one paragraph.
This my second sentence in this post and I started it with a hard return, now another hard return to the third sentence.
This is my third sentence, let's see how my post looks (hard return again).

Update: The above came out as three lines on my end.

MrZippy
December 4th, 2022, 04:18
Testing some lines with hard returns!

Testing testing!

Test some more and betting it all bunches together! :banghead:

OK, that's weird! :wavey:

PRB
December 4th, 2022, 05:23
Line 1

Line 2

Line 3

Testing

PRB
December 4th, 2022, 05:25
I asked this in another thread but got no answer so. . . .one more time; When I post, any "hard returns" I do to separate lines or paragraphs is ignored. When I go back to the post everything is smashed together. If I describe an image, do a couple of hard returns then post the image. . .load the thread and the text and image are stuck together. . .no spaces. I'm guessing this post will be the same. . .there are actually 3 hard returns separating the first, second, third and fourth sentences. Anyone else have this happening to them?

I get separate lines

when I

use enter key.

What browser are you using?

Are you entering text using some other editor then pasting the text in the forum textbox?

PRB
December 4th, 2022, 05:29
Testing on a

Windows machine.

PRB
December 4th, 2022, 05:29
Testing from Notepad++

Over.

PRB
December 4th, 2022, 05:31
Testing from Windows Notepad.

Line 2

falcon409
December 4th, 2022, 07:48
I get separate lines when I use enter key. What browser are you using? Are you entering text using some other editor then pasting the text in the forum textbox? I use Firefox which I've had for years (this just started about a month ago). I enter text directly into the forum text box. As I'm seeing it before posting I have line spaces between each entry.

Tom Clayton
December 4th, 2022, 12:45
Ed, try switching over to Chrome, or if you don't like having Google know everything about you down to whether or not your nails are too long, try the Brave browser. It's a tweaked Chrome spinoff, but it works well.

Deathwind
December 4th, 2022, 14:02
If all else

fails try

saying a dirty word

worked for me

I'm using Firefox

googenstein
December 4th, 2022, 14:05
Is Fnork a dirty word?

srgalahad
December 4th, 2022, 20:35
Ed, just to check

go to top of a forum page and click on "Settings"

Scroll down to My Settings / My Account / General Settings

Scroll down a bunch until you see:
Miscellaneous OptionsMessage Editor Interface:
three choices : Enhanced , Basic, Standard

Mine is set to "Enhanced" and seems to work fine in Firefox.
IIRC in the past it has gotten changed (prob. when Dave has reloaded or tweaked the forum). Also, I think that Standard may not play nice with FF

Optionally, if yours is set to Enhanced, maybe try selecting one of the others, log out and back in (or close FF) and then reselect Enhanced and see what you get.
I haven't had problems recently, but had the same issue back in the dark ages (before MSFS)

falcon409
December 5th, 2022, 03:02
Thanks for the suggestion Rob: Testing After Changes.

falcon409
December 5th, 2022, 03:24
Thanks for the suggestion Rob: Testing After Changes.

One

More

Time

falcon409
December 5th, 2022, 03:29
One More Time Hopefully this will be the last and we can close this out. I tried Internet Explorer. . .No Joy Then Google Chrome. . .That worked Now back to Firefox! Fingers Crossed NOPE. . . .apparently something in a recent Firefox Update has caused this (my guess). Guess I'll go back to Chrome.

MZee1960
December 5th, 2022, 13:48
C421 Golden Eagle near 0S9 Jefferson County .....

https://i.imgur.com/EAtNbmm.jpg

Using Firefox browser with AdBlock plug-in. All latest versions. Firefox set to clean cookies and cache every time upon closing.

All seems OK for me.

Sometimes just running the free CCleaner program, followed by a re-boot helps to clear out any cookies/bugs for me.

Deathwind
December 5th, 2022, 16:00
no matter how much trouble you might be having remember no pouting Santa Claus is coming to town.

srgalahad
December 7th, 2022, 16:37
Hopefully this will be the last and we can close this out. I tried Internet Explorer. . .No Joy Then Google Chrome. . .That worked Now back to Firefox! Fingers Crossed NOPE. . . .apparently something in a recent Firefox Update has caused this (my guess). Guess I'll go back to Chrome.

OK, I admit to CRAFT.. the last step in my previous **&^^% Editor repair was the danged cookie cleaning. Of corse, clearing any SOH cookies means the minor agony of logging in again, but...

At least you know that if FF won't play nice you have a browser option.