PDA

View Full Version : PB4Y-1 Liberator

Deathwind
November 27th, 2022, 17:16
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/361716695947221301.png
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: CONSOLIDATED PB4Y-1 LIBERATOR, The Navy's acquisition of the B-24D as a long range patrol bomber/sub hunter. This is a mod of the B24 Guys B24D mod.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit PB4Y-1_LIBERATOR (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=29591&catid=52)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Captain Kurt
November 27th, 2022, 20:55
I love tricolor blue camo schemes. LOL Might be in my blood since my father was a WWII Navy pilot.

Deathwind
November 28th, 2022, 05:29
Thanks I like the Navy color better than the Army myself and I was happy with the texture I put together . I didn’t do much painting but some touch up work. Biggest challenge was the nose art. What looks good on a flat texture and what looks good on a aircraft modal are two different things. First attempt was way to big so second attempt still to big and finally last attempt was good. I did both sides with the Nose Art. I guess I’ll move on to another project and hope it’s just as fun. My problem is I can’t mod much right now as I work for Amazon and it’s busier than a cat covering up - - it right now with Christmas coming up.

Rami
November 29th, 2022, 06:28
Deathwind,

Thank you for another great update...the B-24 was a workhorse!

stuart277
November 29th, 2022, 11:14
Hi Deathwind
Looking Good:applause::applause::applause:
Thanks for this great addition.
Cheers
Stuart

Deathwind
November 29th, 2022, 22:15
Thanks my friends. The mines and depth charges should be treated as ordinary bombs because that's the way the game sees them. Actually there is nothing totally submerged to need a depth charge. All subs fire guns at you instead of diving like in the way it really was. it's my belief too the bombs are way off calibration compared reality. they seem to be more like heavy weight champion style bullets more than bombs. hit him on the head he falls down but graze his head then no damage done like a bullet.

kdriver
November 30th, 2022, 05:46
Great work Deathwind - thanks very much! :applause:
Kevin

Deathwind
November 30th, 2022, 22:01
Thanks Kartdriver. messing around with the 87 days campaign right now. Doing a Airacutie P-400 a little different from Allen's as there are many different versions of the airacutie but they all have a nude woman nose art theme. Mine isn't as weathered as his either which makes her stand out more just assuming I'm not finished with the texture. Redone the panel plates to a very beautiful exotic wood texture which wasn't what they really looked like but I'm betting they would like to had that. They say this campaign has a lot of eye candy in it which I like and I'm betting it will have more after I'm done with it.

mav
December 1st, 2022, 00:09
Thanks deathbed.:playful:

Cheers mav

Deathwind
December 1st, 2022, 00:35
Thanks deathbed.:playful:

Cheers mav

That sounds about right sometimes.

AcWai
December 4th, 2022, 18:46
Thanks for your hard work!

Deathwind
December 5th, 2022, 14:55
Thanks I surely appreciate everyone who took the time to say something and show your support. I’m not in the league like you guys are mainly because of the no shirt no shoes no school rules but instead I rely on my imagination and a few curse words to put something together I hope people can enjoy. It’s guys like you who put out the mods I just mix stuff together to bring something different to the table. I call my work the Sim Outhouse mods because it honers the true creators of the mods and I’m certainly not seeking credit or publicity for what I do I just enjoy messing with stuff and see how I can add a new twist to it. Thanks and have a awesome day.

Deathwind
December 7th, 2022, 03:31
Looks Wild to me.

https://ibb.co/5KZFpjn