PDA

View Full Version : Small Scenery

falcon409
November 5th, 2022, 20:14
After Wheelus I had the urge to do something simple. Bradley Field-NH49 (Woodstock, New Hampshire). I'll upload it in the morning.

Brian_Gladden
November 6th, 2022, 06:39
Nice. Another one in my (relative) neck of the woods

falcon409
November 6th, 2022, 09:04
Uploaded at 12 Noon. Enjoy!

Brian_Gladden
November 7th, 2022, 13:33
Nice little strip. Got in easy with a PC-12 (3/4 of the runway)

Out was a little tight. Especially with the Inertial Separator on. Had to slightly sidestep one tree

falcon409
November 7th, 2022, 14:12
Nice little strip. Got in easy with a PC-12 (3/4 of the runway)
Out was a little tight. Especially with the Inertial Separator on. Had to slightly sidestep one tree

Nice shot Brian. Thanks for posting and glad you were able to get in (and out). . .I'm impressed, lol

monk1
November 7th, 2022, 16:49
That looks like a perfect destination for the new GAS Meyers OTW-160.

Thanks for the scenery!

MZee1960
February 21st, 2023, 18:11
Great little airfield. Thank-you, Ed.

One question, in FSX, starting a flight here, only option is 'active runway' which puts your aircraft partially over the pond area near the hangars and not near the runway (see pic below).
Can this somehow be adjusted so aircraft is moved to somewhere close to the runway with this starting option ?
I am running Orbx Global, Vector and OpenLC in this area.

https://i.imgur.com/JLNvM1u.png

Thank-you, again,
MZ

dhasdell
February 22nd, 2023, 00:33
Just a guess, but have you run the Vector configuration program since installing the scenery?

Later: I downloaded and installed it with the same result. I have since run Vector configuration and it didn't help. Sorry.

MZee1960
February 22nd, 2023, 12:35
Yes, the first thing I do is go to the newly installed airport and see if elevations are correct, and run the AEC Tool in Vector if needed.

This airfield is all OK, except when starting a flight there using 'active runway' (the only option here), then about 1/4 of your aircraft is in the water, and not on the runway.

I just think the 'starting point' needs to be somehow re-configured using latitude/longitude coordinates to place the aircraft at one end of the airfield grass runway.

falcon409
February 22nd, 2023, 19:10
. . . . .I just think the 'starting point' needs to be somehow re-configured using latitude/longitude coordinates to place the aircraft at one end of the airfield grass runway. I've been busy with a new Vermont airport, but as far as this is concerned I just need to reposition the runway start position in ADE. It's just clicking on the current spot and physically moving it to where it needs to be on the field.

falcon409
February 23rd, 2023, 11:31
This took a bit more than I expected. When I loaded the original project into ADE I found that not only had I not indicated any start spots but I hadn't even set a runway. I remember feeling that since the ground texture and runway direction were pretty obvious that nothing in ADE was needed. Probably the reason for no start spots. Anyway when I added a runway (grass/Invisible) and loaded the airport my airplane was 30 feet underground. I removed the runway from ADE, added 3 start areas (North/South/East) with East placing the airplane near the lean-to hangar by the pond. I'll post a download link a bit later. . .gotta go pickup my Great Granddaughter at School.

MZee1960
February 23rd, 2023, 14:18
I removed the runway from ADE, added 3 start areas (North/South/East) with East placing the airplane near the lean-to hangar by the pond. I'll post a download link a bit later. . .gotta go pickup my Great Granddaughter at School.

Thank-you, Ed.

The three start areas alone will be great. I currently show the airstrip as grass which is fabulous.

For some reason, some scenery with designated runways cause my set-up to always show them as asphalt even when they're designated as grass. I suspect it is my REX Essentials airport texture feature doing this and I have no option to selectively turn it off at certain airports.

falcon409
February 24th, 2023, 06:37
Here is a download link to replace the current ADE files for Bradley!

https://app.box.com/s/upucdd0ck15a6temga47hd33gue2g6q1

MZee1960
February 24th, 2023, 16:41
Here is a download link to replace the current ADE files for Bradley!

https://app.box.com/s/upucdd0ck15a6temga47hd33gue2g6q1

Thank-you. :adoration:

dhasdell
February 25th, 2023, 05:17
Thanks Ed - that's working well, even if I did overshoot on landing.

falcon409
February 25th, 2023, 08:33
Thanks Ed - that's working well, even if I did overshoot on landing. Ha,ha. . . .yes I've been known to run off into the pond on occasion, lol

dhasdell
February 25th, 2023, 09:14
Here's a question: I have a fair few of your airfields, and I am reinstalling them in a new setup having got somewhat disillusioned with the unfinished MSFS. Rather than have them all separate in Add-on Scenery, would it be worth having one Falcon 409 entry with scenery and texture folders and decanting them all into that to avoid duplication? Is that (a) a good idea, (b) stupid, or (c) possible but pointless?

falcon409
February 25th, 2023, 10:50
Here's a question: I have a fair few of your airfields, and I am reinstalling them in a new setup having got somewhat disillusioned with the unfinished MSFS. Rather than have them all separate in Add-on Scenery, would it be worth having one Falcon 409 entry with scenery and texture folders and decanting them all into that to avoid duplication? Is that (a) a good idea, (b) stupid, or (c) possible but pointless?

Certainly not stupid, I've considered that in the past. I don't use the Addon Scenery folder system inside FSX. I have done so many that I actually have separate "State" folders that the corresponding sceneries are kept in. I also use Scenery Configuration Editor to make changes to my scenery that's currently installed for use in the Sim. Those are also categorized by state which allows me to turn on or off certain "Regions" when that's the only area I'm flying in.

Everyone seems to have their own ways of handling their addon scenery files. I opted for the system I use because in the end I wanted some form of separation because I felt it made it easier to maintain control over individual scenery and texture folder were I to run into trouble with a particular scenery.

dhasdell
February 25th, 2023, 11:02
Thank you. My feeling was that yours were related, as it were, and likely to contain many of the same objects, static a/c etc. I suppose it would work if one went the whole hog and simply poured all new scenery and texture files into the Add-on Scenery ones. I'll think about it.

falcon409
February 25th, 2023, 13:11
Thank you. My feeling was that yours were related, as it were, and likely to contain many of the same objects, static a/c etc. I suppose it would work if one went the whole hog and simply poured all new scenery and texture files into the Add-on Scenery ones. I'll think about it. Every so often I use hangars (mostly) that can be used in other sceneries to save time in building and I simply change the roof and/or siding materials to work with the new scenery. Otherwise things like cars, static airplanes, people and "clutter" come from default objects everyone has. Beyond that every airports buildings are custom to the best I can do with limited photo resources.

MZee1960
February 25th, 2023, 14:38
Also, ...... it's one thing to have them, but another thing to find them when flying, lol ! :confused:

YoYo had started (in 2020), a neat location map using Google of some of these neat little airstrips, which I often refer to for VFR flight planning (of course there's many, many more now) :

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1UcPflPAZVyWaHpY0C92K29r8U-SeDVuu&ll=45.76852080628199%2C-103.3551678&z=5

:encouragement:

(https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1UcPflPAZVyWaHpY0C92K29r8U-SeDVuu&ll=45.76852080628199%2C-103.3551678&z=5)