PDA

View Full Version : A6m2_zero_bii_124

Deathwind
November 4th, 2022, 07:07
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/833416675187162852.png
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Japanese

Description: This is a modification of the B24 guys overhaul a6m2 zero. Wood Panel with
Kamikaze guns included. Enjoy or cry a river of blue whatever your good at. :santahat:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit A6M2_ZERO_BII_124 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=29538&catid=53)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Captain Kurt
November 4th, 2022, 07:22
It's my skin that you are using DW. It's freeware but the read me does request that credit be given for the original authors.

"A6M2 model 21 Zero - 3rd NAG (Naval Air Group), Takao Airbase, Formosa. December 1941 during attacks on the PhilippinesOverhauled A6M2 Zero with new camouflage textures, dp, and unshined model.
To install just copy the unzipped file in the CFS2/AIRCRAFT folder.
Credits:
Scott Johnson (The B24 Guy) for providing all us simmers with this unmirrored model.
Allen for the new Japanese bombs.
This is freeware and you are welcome to modify these files, but if you should upload your modified files, please credit the original authors in your read me text.
Cheers
Captain Kurt
December 2016 "

As a librarian, I have approved your upload, but in future please credit all of the authors whose work you are using. Thanks.

Deathwind
November 4th, 2022, 09:06
I included you in a read me in the texture folder. I guess maybe I should have made one big read me instead of several smaller ones but I’m new at this and still learning. Anyway check the texture folder I gave a detailed explanation of how the skin was created.

Deathwind
November 4th, 2022, 09:41
Also the bombs included there is a read me with that. I gave credit for Allen and stated what I did. I added an additional bomb but the bombs were his work and I never claimed I created them. I don’t operate that way and I would prefer if any questions or concerns be made to me privately rather in a public forum so that we can figure out what’s going on rather than announcing I’m a thief in a public setting. The aircraft itself is from Microsoft originally and that make all of us ineligible to sell anything as payware aircraft can’t use any part from Microsoft’s aircraft. I don’t brag about my stuff nor do I intend on becoming famous by stealing other peoples work. In the past my work was kept to myself. Perhaps I should consider keeping it that way if its gonna cause problems.

Captain Kurt
November 4th, 2022, 10:56
My apologies DW. I assumed it was on oversight, not a theft. It didn't occur to me to check the texture folder for a read me. Few would I think, but the credit is there. Maybe a single read me with all credits in the general folder would work better in the future?

And no, you are not causing problems. Keep contributing, and thank you. :loyal:

Deathwind
November 4th, 2022, 11:24
Fair enough. I’ve seen other aircraft this way with a read me in the texture folder etc. I wasn’t sure what the best way to do it and I try to include their read me in something I use which would be hard to include in a single read me but I guess I could say sound by Lawdog, weapon’s by Allen etc instead of putting a read me in with the sound folder etc.

Captain Kurt
November 4th, 2022, 17:38
However you do it is OK, I have just always seen it all in a single read me so I unfortunately missed it. Again, apologies. Don't let me discourage you.

Deathwind
November 4th, 2022, 19:44
I’m thinking about adding a read me folder next time and it wouldn’t matter if it was one or 10 it should solve the issue with not knowing where to look as some people may not even open these folders up anyway but a read me folder they might.

Captain Kurt
November 4th, 2022, 21:13
That's a good idea. :encouragement:

Rami
November 5th, 2022, 23:59
Captain,

Nice job holding up the upload standards!

And Deathwind,

Thank you for not only for the new skin, but also for the panel update! :santahat: