PDA

View Full Version : Dietrich Mateschitz

wombat666
October 22nd, 2022, 22:39
Dietrich Mateschitz, the Austrian who co-founded the Red Bull energy drink empire and established the Formula 1 team of the same name, has died at the age of 78.
Mateschitz leaves a lasting and profound legacy on Formula 1, and the sporting world more broadly.
Mateschitz co-founded the Red Bull energy drink empire and established the Formula 1 team of the same name, before sister outfit Scuderia AlphaTauri (previously ‘Scuderia Toro Rosso) also became a fixture of the gr
However, his influence extended far beyond Formula 1, and far beyond motorsport, Red Bull owning multiple football teams, supporting a wide array of sporting endeavours, including the KTM factory MotoGP and rally-raid teams, Triple Eight Race Engineering Supercars operation which won the Repco Bathurst 1000 again a fortnight ago, the weekend when Max Verstappen also clinched the World Drivers’ Championship title with Red Bull Racing for a second year in a row.

huub vink
October 23rd, 2022, 12:29
I understood he was already ill for quite some time. He will definitely be missed, but the man leaves quite a legacy and hopefully his heirs leave his legacy intact. I never tasted his products, but I sure enjoyed his planes.....

https://i.imgur.com/8yhR2nQ.jpg

Cheers,
Huub