PDA

View Full Version : SWS Kodiak Amphibian Released

Tom Clayton
October 12th, 2022, 18:49
https://simworksstudios.com/kodiak-100-amphibian-for-msfs.html

From their Facebook page:

Update: Customers who already bought the wheeled variant will be able to claim a 5€ discount later today, by logging into their SWS account and looking at the "Special Offers" window, as shown in the pictures below. The discount code is currently not visible due to a CRM problem that we are working on and will have fixed within the day.

The Amphibian Kodiak has also been supplied to Orbx, SIMMARKET, Just Flight, FlightSim.com store, Contrail, iniBuilds and Microsoft. The product will be made available by each store as soon as they can. Regarding discounts from the other shops, please contact your preferred vendor directly about how to claim the discounted price.

Unfortunately, the discount offer is not available in the Marketplace as it is not supported by their system.
Price on their page is €14.99 if you haven't bought the wheeled version, and it is a standalone, so you don't need the wheeled version beforehand.

I bought my wheeled version from Orbx on their app, and it shows a discounted price with no action on my part - it's automatic. Approximate price is $12.24US after Orbx's markup. Of course, I bought it. It'll be later this weekend before I can test it though.

Five min's later: Actual cost debited from my card was $12.27US.

Oh, and don't forget to grab the update for the wheeled version that was released with the new package.

jmig
October 13th, 2022, 04:38
I just purchased it. It came out to $15.20 via PayPal for me. I guess the Euro went up. Between your purchase and mine. :) Still, $15.00 is a BARGAIN, as far as I am concerned.

Tom Clayton
October 13th, 2022, 13:26
Don't know if it's still there, but Orbx had a steeply discounted bundle with both packages last night, meaning you get a total of five variants, and mixture of interiors, all for just a little more than the price of the amphibian. If I didn't already have the first version, I'd sure as shootin' have the full package now.

Tom Clayton
October 17th, 2022, 13:33
Version 1.3.5 released, along with the same v# for the wheeled. If you have either package that's still at 1.3.3 or prior, this update fixes quite a few performance issues.

The Kodiak 100 hotfix is now live on our website and has been shared with all vendors!The first highlight of this update is improved aircraft performance. Engine performance was reduced because of changes in MSFS' physics. We have restored engine power and the plane is able to climb steep and cruise very fast again, just like in December. Low speed handling and pattern work are much improved as well. Because of the added engine power, we had to search a fix to the amphibian, which would allow it to cruise at around 160kts vs 170 of the wheeled Kodiak. This is intended as a quick fix until we can re-work the lift curves of the aircraft, as it was developed on top of a weaker engine.

The second highlight is that throttle control has been restored back to what it was with version 1.2.2. That means that TCA throttle users can now utilise the full travel range on their throttles, and users of SPAD/AAO/FSUIPC/vJoy who made use of our L:var can revert back to their previous assignments.

Then, a number of minor bugs spotted by users on release were addressed, and we implemented a couple of improvements to the engine code.

lefty
October 17th, 2022, 23:20
Don't know where those prices came from, gentlemen !
Orbx site this morning shows
Wheeled version $42.70
Amphibian $21.03
Bundle $63.11

Not quite so attractive ! Will probably get the floater - why is it half the price of the wheeled version ? Am I missing something ?

jmig
October 18th, 2022, 09:56
Wheeled version $42.70
Amphibian $21.03
Bundle $63.11

Not quite so attractive ! Will probably get the floater - why is it half the price of the wheeled version ? Am I missing something ?

Go to SWS's site. 15 and 30 euros.

AVIATION - SimWorks Studios (https://simworksstudios.com/aircraft.html)

DennyA
October 18th, 2022, 10:58
Wheeled version $42.70
Amphibian $21.03
Bundle $63.11

Those are Australian dollars. Tiny, little 63 American cent dollars. :)

But yeah, I bought directly to SWS so that they get to keep the money.

Tom Clayton
October 18th, 2022, 13:23
Will probably get the floater - why is it half the price of the wheeled version ? Am I missing something ?
Amphib is one version with four interiors and an assortment of liveries. Wheeled includes four combinations of normal/tundra wheels and with/without cargo pod, with individual flight models for each of the four, four interiors for the cargo pod versions, five interiors (including a skydive door) for the no-pod versions, and a large assortment of liveries. With everything you get, it really is a bargain.