PDA

View Full Version : problems with cfs3

Killer Svend
August 22nd, 2022, 23:01
Hi
After years with cfs2, I installed my cfs3 again and would open a campaign again and got following message: No British HQs/squadrons can be properly placed with spacing 2given the current squadron data and frontline shape. Uncuote: what does that mean? I have forgotten allmost everyting about cfs3, can/will enyone assist??
Killer Svend:wavey:

mongoose
August 23rd, 2022, 06:55
Daiwilletti is the man so wait for New Zealand time!

Daiwilletti
August 23rd, 2022, 13:13
This came up before in 2020. The chap who had the problem found this as a solution:

"EDIT: I have found the solution. Run the 3.1 patch and the 3.1a fix using compatiblity in Windows XP Service Pack 2, then still run as administrator. Can start the campaign without problems"

(this from thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/118655-Campaign-Error?highlight=No+british+HQs%2Fsquadrons )

Killer Svend
August 27th, 2022, 03:28
Thank you gents
Is it possible to have a direct link to patch 3.1a (running win10/64)
Killer Svend

mongoose
August 27th, 2022, 06:15
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/83816-Combat-Flight-Simulator-3-Patches-and-SDKs

Killer Svend
August 27th, 2022, 07:57
Thank you very mutch
Killer Svend

Killer Svend
August 29th, 2022, 01:02
Followed the advises upgraded 3.1 and 3.1a,using nocd,still no joy.
Killer Svend

mongoose
August 29th, 2022, 06:49
I assume you are talking about campaign issues? Again Daiwilletti is the man. I also suggest you download his improved CFS3 stock install http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/116853-CFS-3-Upgrade-package-Version-2

sixstrings5859
August 30th, 2022, 03:49
Must run the 3.1a update in the stock install location ie. Program Files/Microsoft Games /cfs3,for it to work. Then you can install CFS3 in Program files(x86) in a folder ,(in whatever you want to name it).Make sure you have administer rights checked off and compatibility set to windows XP SP2.You can do this by selecting the CFS3 exe ,(in main folder),and right clicking and go to properties. Then you should be ok. Never run sim in just program files. Use another drive or program files(x86). Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

FireStorm II
August 30th, 2022, 06:08
Hello Killer,

Do you mean 'no joy' in installing updates?
You cannot install the updates to a 'modified' game...well maybe
some mods like scenery or aircraft but not the thing you mentioned.
Cheers.

Killer Svend
September 10th, 2022, 07:27
I got a new set of cd's this solved the problem.I remember once upon a time,there was a start video, ending with a Thunderbolt taking out a bridge,not that I used it very mutch,but it is copletely disappered without my interferrece ???
Killer Svend:redfire:

Daiwilletti
September 10th, 2022, 12:20
Gidday, the introductory movie can be turned on or off in the cfs3config settings. You can either run the config programme, or go directly to the configoverrides.xml file (in the AppData pathway) to make changes.