PDA

View Full Version : In all my years of sim flying.....

T6flyer
March 10th, 2009, 13:41
have I found personally something that is so close to the real thing.

This week, saw the release of the Auster J/1N Autocrat from Dave Molyneaux. I from a little lad always wanted to fly in an Auster and some six years ago, managed to get a flight in an Autocrat and so my interest in the Auster family increased to such a point that now on most weekends I have the opportunity to fly in this somewhat forgotten classic British design.

Thanks to Dave and repainter Peter Watkins, I now have the chance to fly in the sim, aircraft that I have flown in real life and due to the fact that Brian Horsey's flight model is very close to the actual aeroplane, I am now in a position to recreate flights that I have done in recent times. Thanks to all for making this, something memorable.

The Auster can be obtained from:
http://classicbritishfiles.com/index.php

Best wishes to all,

Martin

GT182
March 10th, 2009, 13:47
Sweet, and thanks for the info T6. Just downloading it as I type. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif

planejunky
March 10th, 2009, 16:01
Yeah I guess the problem is you can't feel the things you do in the air. Flying gliders is the most unrealistic as feel is a huge part of flying gliders as you need to feel for the thermals, something that's impossible in FS.

Curtis P40
March 10th, 2009, 16:16
:wavey: Somethings in life are nice, especially when your Dreams come true......Enjoy
Curt

Panther_99FS
March 10th, 2009, 18:32
Dontcha' just love it when FS gives you magic moments like this...:wavey:

dhasdell
March 10th, 2009, 23:33
T6flyer - if you live in Cornwall, you might like the aerial tour of Cornwall, also from Classic British. The thumbnail shows an Auster over the Tamar bridge.

T6flyer
March 11th, 2009, 12:56
T6flyer - if you live in Cornwall, you might like the aerial tour of Cornwall, also from Classic British. The thumbnail shows an Auster over the Tamar bridge.

Have downloaded the said file and will take the tour at the weekend...will have to set the weather to a somewhat windy and wet scenario as thats all we seem to get now. Cant remember the last time that it was sunny for a complete day!!

Am still enjoying the Auster and today added another type to my attempt of formation flying in the form of the Max Holste Broussard. We have this example at the same airfield as the Austers and today tried to get the three to form up. Only problem is, that found that the French transport was a little quicker than the British aeroplanes and it took a few attempts to get them together. Thats probably why, we've never tried it in real life!!

The Eggesford repaint was very kindly done by Ray Blake and is available at Avsim, together with two other British registered examples.

As to the photo...yep thats me at Yeovilton a few years ago when we gave rides for charity. Think flew over 100 people that day. The Beer crate acted as a step (its a bit of a long stride up) and now remains a fixture in the rear when we go places.

Best wishes to all,

Martin