PDA

View Full Version : Razbam A6 Questions

falcon409
July 18th, 2022, 13:17
If anyone still has this airplane, I have a few questions concerning a few of the VC displays. I have read through the Pilots Manual and these two are not even mentioned so are they static or am I missing some gauges.

1) The Orange radar display. . .is that supposed to be functional?
2) The large graphic display above the radar screen, it showed initially but now there's nothing there.
3) Very few of the switches actually function, is that correct?

Mike71
July 18th, 2022, 17:00
If anyone still has this airplane, I have a few questions concerning a few of the VC displays.---
Which version / model? The upper display in the A-6E TRAM is the IR/LLTV from the turret.

I doubt the radar or TRAM display are supposed to work - they don't in P3D4 and I could care less

I don't think most weapons sytems, etc were intended to be functional, just eye candy. However a great plane to fly cats and traps in.

The Pilot side in all versions is pretty good - I have flown the A-6E and KA-6D quite a bit. The tanker had no weapons system, they were "tapped out" A-6As and converted, G limited, weight reduction, etc but a hell of great tanker.

menef
July 19th, 2022, 01:58
I have read through the Pilots Manual

Hello Falcon! Last week, while in the Intruder mood, I bought both Virtavia and Razbam Grumman A6,
the Razbam don't have the manual, no way to find it everywhere, do you have it?

falcon409
July 19th, 2022, 03:40
Hello Falcon! Last week, while in the Intruder mood, I bought both Virtavia and Razbam Grumman A6,
the Razbam don't have the manual, no way to find it everywhere, do you have it?
Yes I do, I purchased through Simmarket. Both the DCS website and the link I found on the Razbam FB page showed the price at $10.00 but neither page seemed to work, constantly putting me in a loop that never completed the purchase. Finally I went to Simmarket bought it for $20 and was happy it worked, lol. The installer I was supplied with allowed for both FSX and FS9 installations and it also came with a Pilots Manual. Send me a PM and I'll get it to you.

falcon409
July 19th, 2022, 03:43
Which version / model? The upper display in the A-6E TRAM is the IR/LLTV from the turret.
I doubt the radar or TRAM display are supposed to work - they don't in P3D4 and I could care less
I don't think most weapons sytems, etc were intended to be functional, just eye candy. However a great plane to fly cats and traps in.
The Pilot side in all versions is pretty good - I have flown the A-6E and KA-6D quite a bit. The tanker had no weapons system, they were "tapped out" A-6As and converted, G limited, weight reduction, etc but a hell of great tanker.
Thanks for the info Mike. I ended up using FSPanel Studio to make some changes to those two areas. Not authentic, but at least I have functional displays now.