PDA

View Full Version : RAM use increase

NachtPiloten
June 5th, 2022, 08:26
There was a 4 MB ram mod somewhere.....I have a memory issue right now (LOL).

Frosty
June 5th, 2022, 09:01
If you are refering to the 4Gb patch, here it is:

But I think it had to do with the cores on your MoBO or graphics card etc. (what do I know...)

gecko
June 5th, 2022, 10:12
I believe it allows CFS3.exe to use up to 4GB of RAM, instead of the 2GB it could originally use.

At this point I'm starting to wish there was an 8GB patch, and something that let it use more than one processor core.

MajorMagee
June 5th, 2022, 17:00
I've used the 4 GB mod to the exe file for more than a decade now, but I've never really seen CFS3 allocate more that 2 GB of memory.

On my last couple of computers when I check the CPU usage I can see multiple threads being used, but I attribute that mostly to AnKor's code changes.

gecko
June 5th, 2022, 17:56
Prior to adding the 4GB patch I would get CTDs if I had an extended session in CFS3 or even if I looked at too many aircraft in the QC menu. The 4GB patch completely eliminated that kind of CTD for me.

MajorMagee
June 6th, 2022, 01:44
I agree that it does something, it just doesn't show up as more memory being used for me.

gecko
June 6th, 2022, 06:29
I’ve never checked to see if RAM usage actually increased. Never saw much of an FPS increase, but some stutters improved somewhat and the CTDs really improved.

NachtPiloten
June 6th, 2022, 06:49
I can't get it to execute, is there a trick with windows 10?

дякую

mongoose
June 6th, 2022, 07:09
There was a 4 MB ram mod somewhere.....I have a memory issue right now (LOL).

Is this just a CFS3 issue? What;s actually happening?

Frosty
June 6th, 2022, 12:04
I can't get it to execute, is there a trick with windows 10?

дякую

Copy the patch into your CFS3 directory, execute and it will prompt you for which file to patch (= cfs3.exe). It will automatically create a backup of the original cfs3.exe.

NachtPiloten
June 8th, 2022, 05:31
Copy the patch into your CFS3 directory, execute and it will prompt you for which file to patch (= cfs3.exe). It will automatically create a backup of the original cfs3.exe.

Thank you Дякую!