PDA

View Full Version : New VISTA Film

Crusader
March 9th, 2009, 11:21
This may be old stuff to some but I have never ran across it yet . It is hilarious but sooooooo true .

Rich (VISTA owner):rocket:

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h87/Pa...._vistasucks.flv (http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h87/Paul1953/?action=view&current=101207_vistasucks.flv)

Cratermaker
March 9th, 2009, 11:31
I love the bit about being able to scroll through your blue screens in 3D!

:typing:

Lionheart
March 9th, 2009, 12:54
Crusader,

The next time you post something that funny, please put a warning on there.. I was laughing so hard, I spit coffee all over.

I havent laughed that hard in a long time..... :d

Bill

Crusader
March 9th, 2009, 14:54
Bill , saw this over at CalClassics this moring and have been laughing ever since .

Rich

Pepere
March 9th, 2009, 16:17
That is sooooo good, and soooooooooo true.:whistle:

David :sleep:

WuhWuzDat
March 9th, 2009, 20:16
Having spent a substantial portion of yesterday waiting for Windoze to do a large file transfer between computers, with the "time remaining" taking about 10 minutes to climb up to 1 minute, then another 30 minutes climbing to 12 minutes, staying there for 5 minutes, and then taking another 40 minutes to decline to zero, followed by about 15 minutes of a time remaining that was approximately 67 YEARS (about 25,000 days, 0 hours, and 13 minutes) I REALLY have to wonder what box of Cracker Jack these guys got their programming degrees out of!

Jeff

Gdavis101
March 9th, 2009, 21:59
Hilarious!

Kiwikat
March 10th, 2009, 09:09
That is sooooo good, and soooooooooo true.:whistle:

It is good, but not quite true. Well some of it is, like Windows Defender, UAC, and all that other garbage, but no one has that turned on anymore do they? I hope not...

As for the Bluescreens, XP did it way more than Vista has for me. My bluescreen count on 64 bit ultimate is still 0.

The thing I find most funny is that Windows 7 is to have the same system requirements Vista had. People who were unwilling to upgrade for Vista are likely not to for Windows 7. Thankfully hardware has reached that level now. Though the new segment of netbooks is going to provide a new challenge for OS programmers.

It is companies like Dell who ruined Vista by installing it on every computer on earth, regardless of whether it could run it or not. Apple's media campaign proved incredibly successful too. If MS could go back to Vista's release and do it properly, I think it would have been far more successful.

GT182
March 10th, 2009, 12:21
I've seen it here before but it must have been lost in the SOH Crash of 08.

I love the DCS reference again tho. That is funny. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/pound.gif

Lionheart
March 10th, 2009, 12:35
I thought the movie hit the nail on the 'heads'... lol..

I love the '3 hour musical version of the song born free on the waiting 'on hold' customer service, and DCS on Defender. lololol...

I remember getting a new, state of the art, limited edition, (extra powerful) hp laptop early last year.. It had vista. Took perhaps 2 long min's to boot up. It also kept doing this round circle thing in the middle of the screen when it was 'thinking' or trying to do something.

I paid $400.00 to put XP on it and dang if that little computer didnt become rocket-fast!!! It will even run FSX on it now....

Bill

Crusader
March 10th, 2009, 12:55
Actually after I turned off all the junk in VISTA I've had very little problems with it but I'm running 8G of ram on a 64bit system too . Windows 7 looks very promising . Anybody heard through the grapevine on a release of VISTA SP2 ? I think I read someplace it is in final beta .

Rich

djscoo
March 10th, 2009, 13:50
Actually after I turned off all the junk in VISTA I've had very little problems with it but I'm running 8G of ram on a 64bit system too . Windows 7 looks very promising . Anybody heard through the grapevine on a release of VISTA SP2 ? I think I read someplace it is in final beta .

Rich

I haven't heard about SP2, but I did hear from several places that Vista owners will be able to "upgrade" to Windows 7 for free. It won't involve a new disk, just changes to the OS which shows that they are based on one another.

Crusader
March 10th, 2009, 14:12
I haven't heard about SP2, but I did hear from several places that Vista owners will be able to "upgrade" to Windows 7 for free. It won't involve a new disk, just changes to the OS which shows that they are based on one another.

I remember where I saw that article now .

http://www.pcworld.com/article/159909/microsoft_readies_vista_update.html