PDA

View Full Version : KLFB high water

gray eagle
March 26th, 2022, 07:31
La Guardia Pan Am Terminal KLFB

Some water levels are a bit high, What needs to done to lower high water areas?

https://i.postimg.cc/wjNsQtdW/Capture.jpg

gaab
March 26th, 2022, 08:38
Same here

Prepar3D V5.3

ORBX ALWAYS rewrites the Scenery.cfg layering to place ORBX top and then everything else below it

Not true if you organize your scenery and then tell ORBX CENTRAL in Settings/Inserpoint "what is your lowest third party scenery entry"
It then will stop "going to the top" and respect your desiderata

And if you own Tongass Fjord, use the other option for Global Open LC

Gérard

gray eagle
March 26th, 2022, 10:23
I read the response but don't understand what it all means. I don have/use Tongass Fjord I use ORBX CENTRAL to download a few freeware aircraft and free scenery.

I tried to lower the priority a few notches, that was of no help. Just don't know........

BendyFlyer
March 26th, 2022, 16:36
OK - the issue is the elevation in the KLGA scenery (which was FSX) this appears to have developed since P3DV5.3 and I got the same result. Easily fixed, I created a flatten file for that area and popped it into the KLGA scenery folder.

This is what it now looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/GIPsQFt.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2KWjIg0.jpg

It is a real chore taxy around the airport to get to clear water for take off there - alas not easy to get rid of the bridges built in the 50s and 60's but if you go right then right again after the narrow channel then back up a bit you have sufficient distance before the next bridge at the end of the take off run!

I have done an upload of the flatten files for those who need it in the SOH library.

BendyFlyer
March 26th, 2022, 16:42
Ok done it is in the SOH library now!

gaab
March 27th, 2022, 03:02
Thank you very much.:)

Could you tell us what place is this seabase ? I was not able to identify it and would like to take a look in P3D...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/587116482704835033.jpg

Gérard

gray eagle
March 27th, 2022, 03:56
Ok done it is in the SOH library now!

I just re downloaded your complete collection thinking that the correction was included but still have the high sloping water.

I have not found this correction yet.

BendyFlyer
March 27th, 2022, 05:46
That is Daryl's Island Bermuda. From photos thats the way it looked at the end of the second world war. Not much left now!

gaab
March 27th, 2022, 06:02
@gray eagle
I think we need to wait the "validation" by the administrator.

@BendyFlyer
While browsing your seabase collection, I was not able to find "FB MIDWAY ISLAND USA PMDY/PMFP" listed in your "FB BASE LISTS AND SCENERY".

I would very much like to get the bases used by the Martin 130 and the B314A in the Pacific :)

SFO Tresor Island
Honolulu Pearl Harbor
Midway Island
Wake Island
Guam Island
Manilla

Gérard

gray eagle
March 27th, 2022, 06:07
Had to edit this post - while the high water is fixed most of the terminals at La Guardia are missing.

https://i.postimg.cc/htYmfRxV/Capture1.jpg

gray eagle
March 27th, 2022, 12:25
In overhead view the Seaplane dock is circled in red. The gateway ramps have no terminals.

https://i.postimg.cc/pdqZZBNb/Capture5.jpg

gray eagle
March 27th, 2022, 12:40
This scenery is for FSX but it will work in P3D5. At least the water level is correct and not above the ground. It needs a seaplane dock added like the other one that was posted here.
I tried to add the KFLB bgls and it puts the dock on dry land up the hill from where it should go.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=92017863

BendyFlyer
March 27th, 2022, 12:53
GAAB Ok thanks maybe typos on my part:

SFO Treasure Island is there as FB Treasure Island Pan Am (KSTI)
Wake Island is FB Wake Island (PWAF)
Midway Island is FB Midway Island (PMFB)
Canton Island is FB Clipper Base Canton Island (PCIF)

Now GUAM and Manilla in the Phillipines are missing probably accidentally flicked them who knows where (that annoying Windows behaviour when you select and then move the mouse ever so slightly off they go into the ether) Give me a few days I will either find them or recreate them as it took me ages to find the data as to where Pan Am stuff was in both locations and what it looked like (not much in Manilla they just used the port there and everyone went to sumptuous luxury in town!!)

I now noted the Hangars are gone at Treasure Island (not showing) but all the rest is there(?) as are the jetties and buildings at Wake and Midway also missing now - this is this bgl bug where P3D will not display some older bgls even thought theoretically there is nothing wrong with them. Again I will fix these up again change the objects. It just may be a conflict with the scenery internal ordering. I will sort it out and issue a patch or replacement bits for folk (including myself). I put a lot of time into all these locations so very frustrating to have this happen. That is scenery stuff for you! Sorry about that!

BendyFlyer
March 27th, 2022, 13:01
Gray Eagle - not sure what is going on there for you. If you have the KLGA photoreal scenery installed for La Guadia then the patch goes there nowhere else. The patch is a flatten only not an exclude, I just checked again on my system and the buildings etc are all there, so I do not get that problem. It may have to do with the way you have your scenery ordered and layered in the sim. You have to have the Flying Boat Scenery set at 1 in your scenery list if it falls below where KLGA is installed the sim will read KLGA with the flatten and do that first. This is a problem I discovered with ORBX if you have any of the flying boat sceneries below ORBX Global etc then they read first and not read the FB scenery (does the same with addon airports too). It makes no difference to any other addon stuff to put the FB scenery package at number 1 and keep it there from then on. It is the way the sim program layers the cake so to speak top down.

gray eagle
March 27th, 2022, 13:42
Gray Eagle - not sure what is going on there for you. If you have the KLGA photoreal scenery installed for La Guadia then the patch goes there nowhere else. The patch is a flatten only not an exclude, I just checked again on my system and the buildings etc are all there, so I do not get that problem. It may have to do with the way you have your scenery ordered and layered in the sim. You have to have the Flying Boat Scenery set at 1 in your scenery list if it falls below where KLGA is installed the sim will read KLGA with the flatten and do that first. This is a problem I discovered with ORBX if you have any of the flying boat sceneries below ORBX Global etc then they read first and not read the FB scenery (does the same with addon airports too). It makes no difference to any other addon stuff to put the FB scenery package at number 1 and keep it there from then on. It is the way the sim program layers the cake so to speak top down.

I have the FB scenery as #1 on the list of sceneries. I copied all your fix files to the FB scenery folder as well. I hope that I copied your fix files to the right place - FB scenery (scenery folder).

gray eagle
March 27th, 2022, 14:08

I now tried this scenery and used your flatten files and your KFLB files and it all seems to pan out all okay. No high water, no missing terminals.

I don't know if this was the airport scenery you had in mind using and adding the kflb to and flattening files but all seems a lot lot better for me.

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=klga_pr_v_1.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

https://i.postimg.cc/VsCfbfb1/Capture6.jpg
(https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=klga_pr_v_1.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search)

gray eagle
March 27th, 2022, 14:28
I like this now. This Pan Am float base (KFLB) is looking pretty nice now. The terminals are all there. Nice :encouragement:

https://i.postimg.cc/cCRvSwq1/Capture7.jpg

BendyFlyer
March 27th, 2022, 23:25
Glad you got it sorted.

BendyFlyer
March 27th, 2022, 23:28
GAAB Ok thanks maybe typos on my part:

SFO Treasure Island is there as FB Treasure Island Pan Am (KSTI)
Wake Island is FB Wake Island (PWAF)
Midway Island is FB Midway Island (PMFB)
Canton Island is FB Clipper Base Canton Island (PCIF)

Now GUAM and Manilla in the Phillipines are missing probably accidentally flicked them who knows where (that annoying Windows behaviour when you select and then move the mouse ever so slightly off they go into the ether) Give me a few days I will either find them or recreate them as it took me ages to find the data as to where Pan Am stuff was in both locations and what it looked like (not much in Manilla they just used the port there and everyone went to sumptuous luxury in town!!)

I now noted the Hangars are gone at Treasure Island (not showing) but all the rest is there(?) as are the jetties and buildings at Wake and Midway also missing now - this is this bgl bug where P3D will not display some older bgls even thought theoretically there is nothing wrong with them. Again I will fix these up again change the objects. It just may be a conflict with the scenery internal ordering. I will sort it out and issue a patch or replacement bits for folk (including myself). I put a lot of time into all these locations so very frustrating to have this happen. That is scenery stuff for you! Sorry about that!

Again my apologies folks, seems I accidentally either deleted or misplaced Wake and Midway Islands. I am working on a replacement package may be a week or two before its ready. I will add in Guam and Manilla. In case anybody is wondering about Hong Kong the answer to that one is the old flying boat base was in an inlet in Kowloon Bay - they built and airport over the bay the old Kai Tak airport. BOAC used to go there in the Sandringham.

gaab
March 28th, 2022, 01:47
That is Daryl's Island Bermuda. From photos thats the way it looked at the end of the second world war. Not much left now!

Thanks - This make me discover that I forgot to activate the Calclassic Static Library !
That's why I was not able to recognize it ;)
Does I still miss one library, or an exclude, when I compare to your display ?
https://i.imgur.com/r3BeWJK.jpg

While you are making revisions, I found that P3DV5 as moved the shore on Canton Island

https://i.imgur.com/s5OzPKr.jpg

I big thank from the "FlyingBoat" amateurs.

Gérard

BendyFlyer
March 28th, 2022, 05:35
GAAB the anomalies with Bermuda are caused by the Landclass in P3D default. I have an old but different LC that was just for Bermuda. Can't find it on the web at the moment. I'll get you a copy via the usual channels.

Thanks for picking up the shift at Canton Island. I will fix it and put the amended area in with the Pan Am Pacific revision. Midway and Wake Islands are done. I've kept the airports at both locations but taken them back to basic coral/dirt strips with no hangars etc.

Working on Guam now (again another one of those places that has been build over since that time (it was dredged out and canals docks etc made for the US Navy base there, the original village and jetty plus Pan Am Hotel was at Sumay in Guam. The hotel and wharf and the old Sumay village was blown to bits during WW2 it was quite picturesque with the Guam village and the Pan Am Hotel on the bay. All high rise now!.

gray eagle
March 28th, 2022, 12:27
Just out of curosity, I thought I'd try adding Bendyflyers KLFB_ADEP5_MH.bgl and KLFB_ADEP5_MH_OBJ.bgl to the DJ NYC scenery to see if it would work. It does, sorta

https://i.postimg.cc/QMCngBHt/Capture1.jpg''

Only problem is the airplane is "Hemmed in" by the bridges and the landing lights that are in the water and the base of the runway. So, taking off from here is a problem.
I got the scenery anyway as it was on sale till today. Looks like a lot of infrastructure was left out in the base P3D KLGA scenery.
I guess this aircraft is meant for older KLGA.
https://i.postimg.cc/449qFhwH/Capture.jpg

BendyFlyer
March 28th, 2022, 12:59
GreyEagle - yeah the bridges around La Guardia are a pain they are everywhere there and have been since the 50s. Just head up past the end of the runway and turn right and follow the channel there to the end then go right again that puts you into a long clear bay area and a turn around at the end will get you ok for take off then. I think you can actually squeeze the B314 under the middle bridge pylons from memory.

La Guardia is like a few places that the original flying boat sites were extensively redeveloped after WW2 with landfill etc etc to make them virtually disappear. Mechanics Bay in NZ is another where the bay was and the old TEAL Terminal that Pan Am and TEAL used is long gone - they filled the bay in for a container port. Any attempt at recreating Mechanics Bay there was impossible with ORBX scenery (it has a number of quirks which stop you removing stuff at its base level) In the end I just opted for a spot approximate to the area where it was. To do anything else would mean redoing all of Auckland (not going to happen!). Malta is another one filled in the bay for a container terminal, Hong Kong built and airport in the bay (Kai Tak) Guam completely rebuilt Sumarai and the surrounding area for the USN Navy Base at Guam.

gray eagle
March 28th, 2022, 13:38
GreyEagle - yeah the bridges around La Guardia are a pain they are everywhere there and have been since the 50s. Just head up past the end of the runway and turn right and follow the channel there to the end then go right again that puts you into a long clear bay area and a turn around at the end will get you ok for take off then. I think you can actually squeeze the B314 under the middle bridge pylons from memory.

La Guardia is like a few places that the original flying boat sites were extensively redeveloped after WW2 with landfill etc etc to make them virtually disappear. Mechanics Bay in NZ is another where the bay was and the old TEAL Terminal that Pan Am and TEAL used is long gone - they filled the bay in for a container port. Any attempt at recreating Mechanics Bay there was impossible with ORBX scenery (it has a number of quirks which stop you removing stuff at its base level) In the end I just opted for a spot approximate to the area where it was. To do anything else would mean redoing all of Auckland (not going to happen!). Malta is another one filled in the bay for a container terminal, Hong Kong built and airport in the bay (Kai Tak) Guam completely rebuilt Sumarai and the surrounding area for the USN Navy Base at Guam.

Here is an overhead view of what Hemmed in looks like - Landing lights and a bridge are locking in the plane. Red arrow is the starting point (Dock) If I could just remove the landing lights
I could navigate to a take off zone. Qtherwise, I up slew then forward slew to safe area then down slew and take off.

https://i.postimg.cc/HnnDPpWW/Capture.jpg

As I chug along I see yet another roadblock. Can't win for losing. Well, there's Hawaii or Guam....

BendyFlyer
March 28th, 2022, 18:38
GreyEagle that is a problem with that KLGA scenery your using which is why I do not use it. Sorry you could probably delete the objects and rebuild the scenery if you had ADE.

- - - Updated - - -

GreyEagle that is a problem with that KLGA scenery your using which is why I do not use it. Sorry you could probably delete the objects and rebuild the scenery if you had ADE.