PDA

View Full Version : Security Alert in FSX

Naismith
December 27th, 2021, 11:01
Ever since I 'upped' from W10 to W11 I have been getting a Security Alert when FSX (Steam edition) boots up. See images. No matter how many times I reboot it appears. If I allow the install of the Certificate it sometimes runs, sometimes crashes. If I deny it, same thing although that seems to be the better option as the runtime of the sim is longer generally.

Today I uninstalled FSX and reinstalled after a reboot. Same thing.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone suffer similar? Any solutions?

The MS website is gobbledegook. https://www.microsoft.com/pki/mscorp/cps/default.htm

oldmsgt
December 27th, 2021, 11:26
I have Windows 10 and am getting the same security warning about certificate at start up of FSX/SE. It seems to work normally after allowing "proceed", but it is certainly a pain in the a**...
The Old MSgt

oldmsgt
December 27th, 2021, 11:28
doubletap!

Naismith
December 27th, 2021, 11:30
Thanks for that I will try and post a similar with Steam - it may be their problem.

edit - just had a looksee at Steam forum. It seems to be an issue their end. One message was from MS (allegedly) that claims Steam need to restart their server. Maybe the issue will get resolved after the holiday.

Now I will have to reinstall a bunch of stuff - sheesh! :dizzy:

downwind
December 27th, 2021, 16:19
I'm getting it from FSX, too. (on Steam)

Naismith
December 27th, 2021, 17:43
So it seems we have to await Steam doing something and dare I say it, being a decrepit old program, they ain't going to be too quick at fixing it, bear in mind that according to the certificate it expired 18th December.

stansdds
December 28th, 2021, 01:43
This has been going on for over a week now, Steam needs to update the certificate. Until then, we will be seeing the message pop up during loading.

Naismith
December 28th, 2021, 08:37
Yes, this does not bode well for the continued support of FSX by Steam imo. They will view the sim as archaic which makes them very little income no doubt. For us, a minor inconvenience, but for the future.........?