PDA

View Full Version : problems with skinned plane

SITTINGDUCK
March 8th, 2009, 06:50
we have a skinned plane that is correct in all aspects,,,as it is available in mission builder( from the drop down box of available planes),,,and flies fine in a built mission.

trouble is that is not available in qc, or mp from the list of available aircraft...

not up on skinning planes,,,,but im guessing that somewhere there is an option to make the plane available to just missions or just mp or both....just as you can specify if a mission is available in just mp

anyone got any ideas?

Led Zeppelin
March 8th, 2009, 08:51
because it's an AI aicraft only, it's not flyable. The only way to fly it is to make it a player aircraft in a single mission but you will not have cockpit or whatever.

SITTINGDUCK
March 8th, 2009, 09:20
thanks for the reply,,

i have flown it....wish i could say 100% that is was in a mission, but considering thats the only place the plane shows up (in mission builder), i am assuming that is where it was....
now,,,did it have a cockpit,,,hmmm,,,cant remebver for sure,,,,
but,,,lets say its an ai aircraft,, is there a way to get make it a playable one in qc or mp?

not sure if this makes any difference at all...but in mission builder,,it has the asterick next to it....(player aircraft), but im guessing that is because there is only one of that particular planes in there...

Led Zeppelin
March 8th, 2009, 12:23
there is a tool called AirEd with which you can edit air files. Open the air file of the AI aircraft with AirEd and change from AircraftType=2 to AircraftType=0

SITTINGDUCK
March 8th, 2009, 18:17
thanks alot,,,got the program,,,will let you know how it works out

duck

SITTINGDUCK
March 9th, 2009, 11:15
thanks a ton ,,,it worked like a charm...plane is available in mp dogfights as well as mission builder