PDA

View Full Version : Computer case designed by BMW.

Ferry_vO
March 8th, 2009, 06:23
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090307.001/bmw-designs-hi-end-gaming-pc-tower-prototype

Nice! :applause:

Buddha13
March 8th, 2009, 06:56
Hi all,
Sorry not to my taste.Like em more like this.

Buddha13

grunau_baby
March 8th, 2009, 07:12
mmmmhhhh! As ugly as BMWs:costumes: Couldnīt Rolls-Royce design one? Or Giugaro?

Alex

Toastmaker
March 8th, 2009, 09:36
Looks good ! Sort of "2001 - A space odessey" look -

:applause:

rpjkw
March 8th, 2009, 09:41
Hmmmmm. The BMW design kinda grows on ya. The one thing I love is the apparent handle on the top. I once installed a handle on an old steel mid-tower case so I could take it to work. Retired now, but a handle would be nice for moving my PC around for cleaning purposes.

Bob

Lionheart
March 8th, 2009, 10:26
Hey! Now this is a cool subject!

I think the BMW tower is a bit 'different', but good to see they are playing around with computer tower cases.. .

Alex,

I wonder how Giugaro's computer tower would look like.

I have designed many in my days. One was one under a glass cover and hung on the wall. Supposed to be a art deco thing, (little blinkie lights and things ;) ).

Another is like a fold up large portfolio, ultra thin, large screen, very lite, designed for artists to take their home base computer easily to work or presentations. (big, retractable handle).

My most recent is one I was telling Apple about. Take an iMac 24 inch alum computer (all incased in the monitor), take off the large alum curved base, fit some retractable 'landing gear' into the housing, one at each side, then a built in handle at the top, and a front cover that can be taken off and snapped onto the back, and has the mouse and wireless keyboard in it, and Voila! Another portable desktop...

(I call them computer cross-overs, like a mix between laptops and desktops... )

Bill

Odie
March 8th, 2009, 10:33
When I ordered my new PC from Falcon Northwest, I chose their standard case, and didn't think any more about it.

I was stunned when this huge box arrived from them. I mean, it was at least 5 times bigger than what I was expecting. Upon opening, the case was suspended on thick plastic cellophane (like it was hovering inside the box) in the upright position.

When I put the case up on my desk beside my 4 year old Falcon, it could easily fit inside the new one. It's huge with the company logo (a Falcon head) that glows blue when the PC is on.

Cases are a'changing and apparently growing to accomodate the bigger, better, faster components !

Snuffy
March 8th, 2009, 11:45
That looks like a serious dust collector grid for sure.

GT182
March 8th, 2009, 16:04
Looks like a good case to store your glittery doodads and giggle drops. ;)

Give me full tower case anyday. More room for more power.... :woot: :d