PDA

View Full Version : My New Toys...

archisoft
March 8th, 2009, 04:54
P-40B_SW...
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9082/p40bsw.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw.jpg)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1708/p40bsw1.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw1.jpg)
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6053/p40bsw2.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw2.jpg)
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7458/p40bsw3.jpg (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw3.jpg)

Trans_23
March 8th, 2009, 04:58
Looks like a thing of beauty! :applause::applause:

JAMIE
March 8th, 2009, 05:36
sweet

Cees Donker
March 8th, 2009, 06:34
Wow!:woot:

Cees

Odie
March 8th, 2009, 07:17
Outstanding model...looks great !

Quicksand
March 8th, 2009, 07:25
WOW!:faint::jump::applause::wave:

OleBoy
March 8th, 2009, 07:32
:icon_eek: Beautiful work :ernae:

Sundog
March 8th, 2009, 07:35
What happened to the old toys? Were they ever released?

BTW, that's a nice looking P-40.

Curtis P40
March 8th, 2009, 08:13
Look'n good. Time to go raise alittle "Hell":engel016:
Curt

strega13
March 8th, 2009, 08:14
:jawdrop: looks absolutely gorgeous

FengZ
March 8th, 2009, 08:22
everyone, this is not his model. This is SW's P-40 from FSX.

i don't understand this at all. You are reverse engineering Shockwave Production's P-40. What is the point of posting these shots? You obviously have an exporter which can convert Flight Sim files to FS Design studio files. If you bought the P-40, post shots of it from the Sim; where it is meant to be used.

Your earlier posts were exports of the Alphasim F-5 model. You mentioned you were studying them for your own use. If that's the case, i would keep these "studies" private...because if you have read the User Agreements, they prohibit the change or reverse engineering of their files; including exporting them as models.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but i'm just watching out for you. Because i'm sure SW would not be too happy to see this.

-feng

archisoft
March 8th, 2009, 14:51
everyone, this is not his model. This is SW's P-40 from FSX.

i don't understand this at all. You are reverse engineering Shockwave Production's P-40. What is the point of posting these shots? You obviously have an exporter which can convert Flight Sim files to FS Design studio files. If you bought the P-40, post shots of it from the Sim; where it is meant to be used.

Your earlier posts were exports of the Alphasim F-5 model. You mentioned you were studying them for your own use. If that's the case, i would keep these "studies" private...because if you have read the User Agreements, they prohibit the change or reverse engineering of their files; including exporting them as models.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but i'm just watching out for you. Because i'm sure SW would not be too happy to see this.

-feng

feng,

yes, you are right....

OleBoy
March 8th, 2009, 15:09
Why do you do this? Misrepresenting yourself as something you are not. It is unjust

archisoft
March 8th, 2009, 15:24
P40B_SW...
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4181/p40bsw4.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw4.jpg)

TARPSBird
March 8th, 2009, 15:58
FengZ and OleBoy,
Lighten up, already. Ivan identified the aircraft as the Shockwave P-40 in his original post. He did not elaborate on any plans to reverse-engineer or plagiarize Shockwave's work, he just posted screenshots. Ivan's an experienced and respected flightsim designer with excellent credentials from his own original work, and he has contributed to the SOH forums for a long time before either one of you guys got here. If you have concerns about why he's posting shots of somebody else's plane, try sending him a PM before taking him to task in public.

Shessi
March 8th, 2009, 16:42
Poor old Ivan!!....:costumes:

As Tarps says.......
Ivan was just tempting us, don't you get it?!!...A new MDLC to convert FSX to FS9:jawdrop: !!

Just think of the possibilities, as more and more sim-merchants producing for FSX and FS9 not being able to use those ac...until now..:woot:

Great work Ivan, pure genius :applause:

:ernae: Shessi

Gramps
March 8th, 2009, 16:51
Tarps an shessi are right. Ivan doesn't need to "steal" other folks work, he does a fine job on his own.

He's made several tools that have helped the ol' cfs2 diehards get the planes made for the newest sims into our "old" one.

As was said before, this was just a teaser

delta_lima
March 8th, 2009, 17:07
Why do you do this? Misrepresenting yourself as something you are not. It is unjust

Here's what's unjust:

The guy who but two weeks ago was carrying on about how his question wasn't answered within two blooming hours of being posted - now considers himself in postion to judge someone about whose talent he clearly is unaware...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=559

:173go1:

How about just waiting to let the development of this model unfolds and enjoy the show, shall we? :wave:

dl

Curtis P40
March 8th, 2009, 17:31
:wavey: Mr Hsu
Please continue on. The AVG are very happy..
Curt

Fnerg
March 8th, 2009, 17:56
P40B_SW...
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4181/p40bsw4.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw4.jpg)

OOOO!!!!! Can't wait to fly this box!! :friday:Thanks Ivan, fabulous detail!

OleBoy
March 8th, 2009, 18:15
Here's what's unjust:

The guy who but two weeks ago was carrying on about how his question wasn't answered within two blooming hours of being posted - now considers himself in postion to judge someone about whose talent he clearly is unaware...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=559

:173go1:

How about just waiting to let the development of this model unfolds and enjoy the show, shall we? :wave:

dl

OK smart A$$. And your whole point is? Forgive me for giving credit to someone who appears (to me) to be doing something positive.

Pi$$ Off for thriving on an unknown. Mr. "I feel better when I insult others to make me appear to be a better judgment of character"

:bump:

Gramps
March 8th, 2009, 18:54
Ok, fellers let's play nice!!

SteveB
March 9th, 2009, 04:00
These forums used to be polite and freindly. I have no idea who this Oleboy is or what if anything he has done for the flightsim community, but attacking members of long standing and producers of models and utils is not the way forward.

Ivan if you have figured out a way to modify fsx models to work in fs9 then I for one will be very gratefull, I have been using your mdlc117 for quite a while now thank you.

Steve aka stalin

OleBoy
March 9th, 2009, 04:43
These forums used to be polite and freindly. I have no idea who this Oleboy is or what if anything he has done for the flightsim community, but attacking members of long standing and producers of models and utils is not the way forward.
Steve aka stalin

Point in case. Now, why don't you do some more reading before making any comments. Considering you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I have been nothing but considerate to everyone here. And I'm not going to back down just because someone has been here longer. Being here longer gives a right to be disrespectful? Apparently so. Not with me. I like to be treated with the same respect thank you:173go1:

OleBoy
March 9th, 2009, 05:00
Furthermore SteveB, no one here knows what, if anything I can put on the table here to share beyond my mere amount of editing I've shared. Who are you to judge my know how?

If I'm meant to be hung at the stake. I'll patiently await to be PM'd by an admin. If they reiterate that I am being as you state, I will leave and never come back.

I won't be replying to this thread again:angryfir:

Milton Shupe
March 9th, 2009, 05:37
Gentlemen,

I was just as confused about this as anyone who doesn't know the works of Ivan.

I think the response to OleBoy's initial reaction could have been handled with an explanation of who, what, etc. or that Ivan could have explained his post as to what he was working on.

It is natural for most of us to jump on anyone who seems to be reverse engineering. To jump on another 'junior member", who was simply reacting to the apparent reverse engineering, because the senior members understood, was still wrong.

Ivan or any senior member should have explained his project thereby avoiding this non-sense. Please understand that we respect all who contribute and all who wish to raise a flag if they see something that needs attention. Our newer members should feel comfortable to question and we should be willing to explain without chastising.

FengZ
March 9th, 2009, 06:53
Yes, next time please state your topic more clearly. I didn't even see the words "P40_SW" until now. If you have said this was SW's model, and you're testing an exporter, then everyone would understand. Like Milton said, we are a very close community here, and all of us are watching out for each other. When we see copyrighted material being posted, people will react.

i've been working in game/film dev for over a decade, and have seen countless reverse-engineering schemes. Some softwares are so smart that it can strip out models and textures directly from video memory, as long as you use DirectX. These type of tools are very dangerous to developers, because it essentially exposes "trade secrets." Thus when i saw this, i thought you were using one of these tools. If you wrote it yourself, then that's great. However, i would still advise you to not use other developer's models as examples. It is still against their copyright law.

A person while back reverse engineered Alphasim's B-2 bomber...and actually made it better. But AS was quick to shut down his operation....

-feng

Krzych61
March 9th, 2009, 08:42
Hi,
I made external model of SW P40 ( and whole model SW Zero posted in another post too) so I have personal view in this topic.
It is normal that someone can convert the MDL to another format. And it is nothing wrong that he do it. Problem is only how the tool is used. Most of us have DVD/CD recorder in computer and it not means that everyone is a pirate. As long the "tool" is not used to braek copyright rules is OK.
I can only say that it is good that only Ivan is smart enought to make it. I have many planes and some tools made by Ivan and have full respect for his work. I am sure that he give us some usefull tool .

Good work Ivan

Henry
March 9th, 2009, 09:05
These type of tools are very dangerous to developers, because it essentially exposes "trade secrets." Thus when i saw this, i thought you were using one of these tools. If you wrote it yourself, then that's great. However, i would still advise you to not use other developer's models as examples. It is still against their copyright law.

-feng
I do not know Ivan personally
but i am familiar with his works
and his tools
fortunately he has integrity
and never releases tools that the "common Man"
could do some dangers with
as an observer for a few years
he has helped many a designer.
we the staff have been watching this thread since post#1
sometimes i guess, what i know i expect others to know also
that is a bad assumption
H

archisoft
March 10th, 2009, 06:01
Hi all,
Firstly, I should thank for the supports from the SOH members
with your surpports, I should make more efforts to finish the new MDLC-FSX function.
sorry to the original 3D modeler, sometime I have not consider so much to post the converted aircarft's screenshot to the forum
I think, It's always a bad news that the model to be converted to another format to the original 3D model.
I should respect to the member Krzych61 that he dont care my work to convert his model and post to the forum and give me some
supports .
to some member, I think with yours higher-level standard to varify this event is good for the sim-world, so I response with "YOU ARE RIGHT..."
as I know someone have already released a tool could converting the FSX to 3DS, maybe he never post the screenshot to the forum, but I see it will really hurt the original 3D modeler's rights..
these years, I have never release the MDLC with could converting to DXF, FSC...function, and also I have reject some people's request who want buy MDLC with these functions
I have receiver some SOH member's PM and support with my work, let me know I have how many friends in the SIM-WORLD especially in overseas
maybe I have no much time to fly MSFS and to build a new aircraft, because both I like 3D models and the progarmming, so I will still create the tools if I have time...
CFS2 is my first game that into the MSFS world, and I like this games still now
when I post to here, I have make a successful with converting FSX to FSC function
I want make a tool that could conveting FSX-->FS9-->FS8-->CFS2 for CFS2 player, this day is coming soon
Finally, Thanks again to my all friends

OBIO
March 10th, 2009, 06:30
I, like others in this thread, know of Ivan's high ethical standards and his ability to produce exceptional models of his own. I am an avid user of his earlier versions of MDLC and have used that program extensively in converting aircraft from FS2004 and FS2002 to CFS2, for adding shine to planes, and recently I have used MDLC to add reflective textures to CFS2 MDLs for use in FS2004...though I must admit, that endeavor has not fully panned out as there are a couple of snags that I must find a way to work around.

Ivan, thank you for all the work you have done for the simminig community...in the form of your aircraft models, in the form of your amazing utilities, in the form of your vast knowledge.

OBIO

Z-PurpleBubble
March 10th, 2009, 08:51
[quote=archisoft;135454]
CFS2 is my first game that into the MSFS world, and I like this games still now
when I post to here, I have make a successful with converting FSX to FSC function
I want make a tool that could conveting FSX-->FS9-->FS8-->CFS2 for CFS2 player, this day is coming soon
/quote]

A converting tool for all the sims?? THAT IS GOOD NEWS!!! I have quite a few FSX models that I would love to use in FS9!!!

Thank you Archisoft!

:focus:

Cheers,

PB

jhefner
March 10th, 2009, 09:14
If Ivan is indeed doing more work on his MDLC converter, that is fantastic news to me as well.

I started out with FS2002, and still use it daily on an older computer. Ivan's MDLC (along with Morten Krogstad's MK_MDLC windows utility) have made it possible to enjoy most of the latest aircraft on a version of FS most folks have left behind.

I have also found that I get better results compiling my models with the FS2004 SDK, then using MDLC to convert the models for FS2002. This process preserves a lot of the part annimation that otherwise gets ignored by makeMDL when compiling with the FS2002 SDK. (That is why I advise using MDLC to convert my FS2004 models to FS2002; I make sure the textures, sounds, panels, and flight dynamics files all work in FS2002.)

If a new release of MDLC will allow us to enjoy FSX models in FS2004 (and earlier releases and CFS2), that can only be good news for the FS9 community. Like others said, sure, this tool can be used in a negative way; but it shouldn't be thrown out any more than CD-R and DVD-R drives should be ripped out of our computers because they can be used to make illegal copies of copyrighted software.

Thanks again Ivan for expanding my enjoyment of FS with your wonderful tool. The Early Fairchild Series; all originally compiled for FS2004; looking good in FS2002, thanks to MDLC. :wave:

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/43039/2637559830079522983S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2637559830079522983qIziZm)

-James

mav
March 10th, 2009, 19:03
Ivan you don't have to apologize for wantin to give us an update from the

190... your integrity isn't in question!!!

What is in question is some ppl haven't heard of the "MDLC" ...:sleep:

it's only been out the last 100 yrs!!! :eek:

You can D/L it right here at SOH , it's no secret or cover up!!! LOL

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...Name=archisoft (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=archisoft)

We at the CFS2 forum right here at SOH have known this for years!!!

Sayin goes... knowledge is power!!!

CheerZ mav

Panther_99FS
March 10th, 2009, 19:17
Wow mav,
1st post in almost 3 years!

mav
March 10th, 2009, 19:22
Wow mav,
1st post in almost 3 years!

nah, SOH forum crashed remember...everything(well posts anyways) got lost?!

Hey P , what's with the avatar... no muscle bound freaks i see!!! LOL

CheerZ mav

Panther_99FS
March 10th, 2009, 19:28
nah, SOH forum crashed remember...everything(well posts anyways) got lost?!

CheerZ mav

You're right - 1st post since 26 Sep 08 then ;)

Baron von Blutwurst
March 10th, 2009, 20:09
I personally dont see the issue with Ivan doing what he does....the original model was released for a different sim and he isnt SELLING it. I would be somewhat irate as a modeler if it were my plane he was converting,but,it isnt. Those of you complaining ab out what he does who arent developers should shush.....he offers up his programs to those who know how to use them and 99% of those people still respect the COPYRIGHT. As does IVAN!. I love the fact that this gentleman has the audacity to write programs that help educate people as to how the projects get done..

He is certainly no *****ofSilenz Pirate.

Ivan I am a big fan of you program to remove shine....and if you have found a way to help us beat the Vertex barrier of FS9....pass it on my man.

Cheers
Randy

Wild Bill Kelso
March 11th, 2009, 09:31
What is in question is some ppl haven't heard of the "MDLC" ...:sleep:

I must confess to be one of those! :engel016:

So please forgive my dumb question, but MDLC would be the appropriate tool to convert Dave Garwood's awesome Beaufighter (FS-X native model) to FS9?

Modeling was not my cup of tea up to now (except some little VC removals from the *.mdl using a hex editor), so will this converting be hard to do?

Cheers,
Markus.

mav
March 11th, 2009, 10:50
MDLC would be the appropriate tool to convert Dave Garwood's awesome Beaufighter (FS-X native model) to FS9?

This " NEW MDLC " will make that possible for ya, yes!!! :gossip:

CheerZ mav

OleBoy
March 11th, 2009, 16:52
I guess I owe an apology here. Archiesoft (Ivan), I meant nothing offensive directed towards you in a personal manner. My perception in relation to my comment was justifiable considering the lack of information I knew. It appeared to me that you doing something beneficial for the Fsim community on my first response. But after response of another member, it appeared you were doing something not right (as by their response) There again, I responded accordingly (I thought). I'll chalk my response up partial intoxication, and lack of the surroundings her and what goes on

I hope you can accept my appology

OleBoy

hawkeye52
March 11th, 2009, 19:51
I've been watching this "drama" with the dispassion that comes from having lived it oh, so many times. OleBoy's posting (above) hopefully has ended this unfortunate -- and unnecessary -- altercation. Perhaps the lesson we should take from this event is that things are not always as they first appear. If something seems amiss (or if you feel miffed) seek further clarification before firing the 16-inchers. Once "fired", they cannot be recalled; the damage is done.

Let's keep this place a respite from all the stress and crap that goes on in the rest of our lives.
- h52

archisoft
March 11th, 2009, 23:39
I guess I owe an apology here. Archiesoft (Ivan), I meant nothing offensive directed towards you in a personal manner. My perception in relation to my comment was justifiable considering the lack of information I knew. It appeared to me that you doing something beneficial for the Fsim community on my first response. But after response of another member, it appeared you were doing something not right (as by their response) There again, I responded accordingly (I thought). I'll chalk my response up partial intoxication, and lack of the surroundings her and what goes on

I hope you can accept my appology

OleBoy

Oleboy,
sometime I think that is evil to converted somebody's original model, so I still find the way to keep original author's rights as possible
anyway,
don't keep this event in mind.
Ivan

archisoft
April 11th, 2009, 02:17
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1865/p40bsw5.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw5.jpg)
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8933/p40bsw6.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw6.jpg)
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3082/p40bsw7.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw7.jpg)
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/7360/p40bsw8.jpg (http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40bsw8.jpg)

FSX P-40B Test Fly in FS2004
Converting aircraft from FSX to FS9...
1.MDLCV4
FSX.MDL-->FSX.FSC+FSX.XML+FS9.XML
2.Delete FSX.FSC's [Non Normalized normal encountered] polygons for MakeMDL
3.FSDSV3+MakeMDL
FSX.FSC+FS9.XML-->FSX9.MDL
4.Test Fly in FS9
5.Modify the FS9.XML and FS9 keyframe for FS9.FSC
6.FSDSV3+.MakeMDL
FS9.FSC+FS9.XML-->FS9.MDL
7.FSX.XML
<Animation name="l_aileron_percent_key" guid="BAD53E9A-1958-4B22-90FE-23513D121DB3" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="l_aileron_percent_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="r_aileron_percent_key" guid="77DB62BE-36D4-4C03-BEA7-C4CC2A224D9D" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="r_aileron_percent_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="l_flap_percent_key" guid="DB029E5C-1A48-42D5-8290-EF098DFABB4F" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="l_flap_percent_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="r_flap_percent_key" guid="3849E47F-9088-4699-8959-EC0C54DF8015" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="r_flap_percent_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="elevator_percent_key" guid="69FCED03-9A10-49A7-AA82-2B79AB5B63E0" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="elevator_percent_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="rudder_percent_key" guid="5433B2A0-0FD9-4192-8F7D-0BA36BF7191D" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="rudder_percent_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="trimtab_l_aileron_key_pct" guid="7905EF85-3602-4B8F-B41A-29724B737217" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="trimtab_l_aileron_key_pct" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="trimtab_elevator_key_pct" guid="55DBE340-8AE1-4196-BA55-F18D8BFBE485" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="trimtab_elevator_key_pct" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="trimtab_rudder_key_pct" guid="853A6E97-948F-4B69-A291-937E9D3B3CE7" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="trimtab_rudder_key_pct" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="c_gear" guid="E2E339A6-FCBF-43A9-A780-3473E03AB54B" length="200" type="Sim" typeParam2="c_gear" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="c_tire_still_key" guid="2788AC1A-4F88-402D-88FC-01A979CE48F8" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="c_tire_still_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="c_tire_blurred_key" guid="4E1CC3E5-5933-445D-80E0-B0DD693125F0" length="0" type="Sim" typeParam2="c_tire_blurred_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="l_gear" guid="E6A307E6-D0D8-4CA0-8A8E-77B7EA22FFB9" length="200" type="Sim" typeParam2="l_gear" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="l_tire_still_key" guid="33249EA2-F0E7-4E3F-9498-754697CF50BB" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="l_tire_still_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="l_tire_blurred_key" guid="2C52A54A-9902-487A-A355-D00874CE7D0F" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="l_tire_blurred_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="r_gear" guid="77C00B94-DDA1-450A-B725-1E2B4ADF6BC8" length="200" type="Sim" typeParam2="r_gear" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="r_tire_blurred_key" guid="AA67F522-28C5-4D09-A246-2823D34A686B" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="r_tire_blurred_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="r_tire_still_key" guid="6114E2CA-5FB8-4D20-A880-56945094247F" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="r_tire_still_key" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="lever_prop_pitch0" guid="E3C04A3E-F28B-4C92-BBF3-DCA3759251F4" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="lever_prop_pitch0" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="prop0_still" guid="1CA952E2-9E61-4905-B1CA-46A2C07B8BDF" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="prop0_still" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="prop0_slow" guid="B964023E-998F-40BF-9875-19F21C3B8031" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="prop0_slow" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="prop0_blurred" guid="A30D1108-0E02-4E78-A41A-4C072A815E90" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="prop0_blurred" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="f_canopy" guid="AD1B3466-C52F-4885-9EDE-3DDC15A1587A" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="f_canopy" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="cowl_flaps0" guid="5C5D3DDD-6C40-4965-B7DF-E8BD26603787" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="cowl_flaps0" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="keyframe_decf4ebc2a" guid="DE674DFC-CF92-4ED7-BC56-2A8404AE77B5" length="50" type="Sim" typeParam2="keyframe_decf4ebc2a" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="keyframe_cac34f9797" guid="CA46BD74-C3AF-4F8E-979B-97948A5F3307" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="keyframe_cac34f9797" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="keyframe_8a4749a571" guid="8AE479F0-47A9-49DC-A5F1-71F85D0F480C" length="50" type="Sim" typeParam2="keyframe_8a4749a571" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="keyframe_34a543ad9f" guid="34756266-A558-43D5-AD1C-9FF4CA4F776D" length="50" type="Sim" typeParam2="keyframe_34a543ad9f" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="keyframe_97b64db4bd" guid="974DFC08-B6D1-4D9E-B469-BD28DA4B95BC" length="50" type="Sim" typeParam2="keyframe_97b64db4bd" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="keyframe_cd01418806" guid="CD38D253-0101-4144-88BD-060AB6A8685B" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam2="keyframe_cd01418806" typeParam="AutoPlay" />

Shessi
April 11th, 2009, 06:31
You absolute star Ivan!

Are these pics of the on-going developement or finished product?

Is it possible to get rid of props? or is this something for scasm and/or an alpha channel in the texs?

Again great work....:applause:

Cheers Shessi

archisoft
April 11th, 2009, 06:38
You absolute star Ivan!

Are these pics of the on-going developement or finished product?

Is it possible to get rid of props? or is this something for scasm and/or an alpha channel in the texs?

Again great work....:applause:

Cheers Shessi

not finished product, on step 4.Test Fly in FS9...:jump:

Lionheart
April 11th, 2009, 10:47
Archisoft,

Does this get 'mesh complexity' (close under-4MM) vertice proximity down to FSX grade in FS9? (Do the tiny switches and things autoweld and crumple or are they left intact and view properly in FS9)?

This could be the miracle I have been praying for...

Bill

LonelyplanetXO
April 11th, 2009, 11:42
Lol! I was reading this thread thinking my gosh!..Bill would be interested in this... Maybe there's potential in you and Ivan collaborating.

LPXO

Lionheart
April 11th, 2009, 13:08
Lol! I was reading this thread thinking my gosh!..Bill would be interested in this... Maybe there's potential in you and Ivan collaborating.

LPXO

Oh man! You know it. We could have high precision FSX created models in FS9....!

woo hoooooo!

On a side note. I loved that P-40, bought it, but I fly in FS9, so I never really flew it alot.

This will make it a mainstay in FS9...

:faint:

GT182
April 11th, 2009, 14:18
Looks great to me. Only I don't have the SW P-40. I've one question tho that may seem dumb. Ivan, can you go the other way... FS9 to FSX with your MDLC as a port-over.? There are a/c for FS9 I'd love to see and use, that aren't able to work in FSX.

archisoft
April 11th, 2009, 23:19
Archisoft,

Does this get 'mesh complexity' (close under-4MM) vertice proximity down to FSX grade in FS9? (Do the tiny switches and things autoweld and crumple or are they left intact and view properly in FS9)?

This could be the miracle I have been praying for...

Bill
1.P40B_FS9.FSC(FSDSV3 source code )(exterior model only)
....Parts: 91
....Vertices:17074
....Polygons:26303
2.P40B_FS9.MDL(compiled with FSDSV3/MakeMDL)
....vertex:30089<<<<FS max vertex=65535
3.P40BI.FS9.FSC(interior model)
.not finished...
4.exterior.mdl+interior.mdl maybe>>65535 vertex
.so we should uses CFS2 style LOD scasm code...
5.I think all the switches will functional with the FS9.XML(converted FSX.XML and get from the FSX.mdl)
6.some huge exterior model like aerosoft Falcon X that I also will try it...whether could fly in FS9
F-16A_AS...
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1554/f16aas.jpg (http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f16aas.jpg)
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3117/f16aas1.jpg (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f16aas1.jpg)
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6004/f16aas2.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f16aas2.jpg)

OleBoy
April 11th, 2009, 23:35
How you manage to keep track of all them poly lines is beyond my comprehension. :faint:

Looks awesome Ivan!! :ernae:

archisoft
April 11th, 2009, 23:40
Looks great to me. Only I don't have the SW P-40. I've one question tho that may seem dumb. Ivan, can you go the other way... FS9 to FSX with your MDLC as a port-over.? There are a/c for FS9 I'd love to see and use, that aren't able to work in FSX.
this is good idear but is a hard way to do...
1.FSX TO FS9
in FSX all animation part should be with FSX keyfrane_name and keyframe setting, in FS9 animation part could uses stock_name or keyframe_name
(like FLAP you could uses flap[stock] or flap_key[keyframe] for MakeMDL)
so when I finished the FSDSV35 source code (FSX.FSC+FSX.XML), also
I should reset and disable these part's(like as c_tire_still, prop_still...) keyframe setting
these FSX keyframe part canot be compiled with MakeMDL...
like as prop_still is a keyframe part in FSX, so some modeler not allow the part_axis_rule
prop_still --> rotated in z-axis
c_tire_slow-->rotated in x_axis
so I sould fix the part's axis for MakeMdl
2.FS9 to FSX
I think most FS9 aircraft could fly in FSX...

archisoft
April 11th, 2009, 23:52
How you manage to keep track of all them poly lines is beyond my comprehension. :faint:

Looks awesome Ivan!! :ernae:
the aerossoft F-16C.FSC is not [welded]...
when I converted from the FSX.MDL and get the FSX.FSC...
these polygons maybe uses the same vertex
polygon 1-->uses vertex 1,2,3,4
polygon 2-->uses vertex 5,6,7,8
BEFORE welding--> you will find the track betwin 2.5-->4.7
AFTER welding-->the track 2.5-->4.7 will deleted and become
polygon 1-->uses vertex 1,2,3,4
polygon 2-->uses vertex 2,6,4,8
I have create a program called FSDSWeld.exe for FSP and FSC...
like as the aerosoft F-16 welding vertex will spend about 12Hr...

Motormouse
April 12th, 2009, 01:26
as the aerosoft F-16 welding vertex will spend about 12Hr...

Wow, just what sort of home pc d'you use for all that number crunching?

ttfn

Pete

Isra
April 12th, 2009, 02:05
Just want to point out one thing! It it easy to import Models to FSDS, but, the big Problem is to export it to a new MDL since it looses all the texture reverences and also some keyframes. Everything is messed up! So, as Ivan saied, it is good for a study and not more ;) To put all the keyframes an textures back would take even more time then doing it new.

Regards
Isra

Lionheart
April 12th, 2009, 03:49
Ok, so I see then that we still have to run the model again through MakeMDL and that will auto-weld the close proximity Vertices that are 4MM or less in distance from each other.

Archisoft. I wish you could figure a way to keep parts from auto-welding. For us developers of FS9 models, we have had to fight with this for ages.

One way around it, Wozza found if you inflate the 'interior' model a certain percent, then change the Hex code to scale it down a certain percent, then it will actually show all the parts without auto-welding having gone through on it. But its alot of work scaling all the animated parts up, then clearing their scale issues, especially when you have a ton of parts linke to scaled, animated parts. This can get into some rough issues.. But its possible.

If only there was a simple setting in the compiler code that could turn that off.

Note, the Exterior model doesnt auto-weld. Only the interior. Now why, if the Vertice distances autoweld in the interior, when a person is up close to parts, and not on the exterior model? lol...

Crazy.. :banghead:

Bill

archisoft
April 12th, 2009, 07:13
Ok, so I see then that we still have to run the model again through MakeMDL and that will auto-weld the close proximity Vertices that are 4MM or less in distance from each other.

Archisoft. I wish you could figure a way to keep parts from auto-welding. For us developers of FS9 models, we have had to fight with this for ages.

One way around it, Wozza found if you inflate the 'interior' model a certain percent, then change the Hex code to scale it down a certain percent, then it will actually show all the parts without auto-welding having gone through on it. But its alot of work scaling all the animated parts up, then clearing their scale issues, especially when you have a ton of parts linke to scaled, animated parts. This can get into some rough issues.. But its possible.

If only there was a simple setting in the compiler code that could turn that off.

Note, the Exterior model doesnt auto-weld. Only the interior. Now why, if the Vertice distances autoweld in the interior, when a person is up close to parts, and not on the exterior model? lol...

Crazy.. :banghead:

Bill

Bill,
Yes, I have created a program for FSDS...
FSDSWeld Fullname Dist
Fullname: FSC/ FSP auto-detect file type
Dist: default is 1e-6, for 4mm Dist = 0.004
the way with pascal coding...
procedure Weld_FSDS_PART(Path:string);
var
FspF,Tm1F,Tm2F :file;
Tm1Path,Tm2Path:string;
FSP :FSDS_PART;
I :word;
polyface :fsds_polygon_rec;
begin