PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

jimjones
November 26th, 2021, 11:49
My upper menu, showing the down arrow when the cursor is placed at the top of the msfs screen, stopped showing. How do I get it back on?:dizzy:

Also the instruments that show in external mode don't show. How are they turned back on?:dizzy:

Appreciative of any help.

Jim

jmig
November 26th, 2021, 11:59
Jim, I have seen threads at the MS site talking about the arrow menu not showing for some people. I don't know if there is a workaround? You might want to check there.

Latest Bugs & Issues topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/bugs-and-issues/200)

I believe those instruments are called the HUD. They can be found in one of the Options menu. I think Accessibility?

jimjones
November 26th, 2021, 12:58
Thanks, John for your response.

All worked properly after SU7 so I'll try a reload of MSFS.

Jim

jimjones
November 27th, 2021, 01:54
Emptying the community folder brought back both the upper menu and external view instruments.:jump:

Now to isolate the cause by adding back in the addons.

Jim

Twice43
November 27th, 2021, 04:38
I think odd things are happening with MSFS at the moment.
2 days ago everything was ok.
Yesterday, I started MSFS with no changes between the days, by me, & I found the 'Assistance' settings had changed overnight.
I have most of them turned off normally.
The overlay display on the screen of your height, speed etc, [HUD?] was on. I always have it off.
I changed the settings back to how I could remember I had them, restarted MSFS & in the boot up it asked me to reinstall MSFS Standard Edition!
I backed out of that & booted again & this time it was all ok, so I don't know what was going on.
T43

jmig
November 27th, 2021, 05:23
I think odd things are happening with MSFS at the moment.
2 days ago everything was ok.
Yesterday, I started MSFS with no changes between the days, by me, & I found the 'Assistance' settings had changed overnight.
I have most of them turned off normally.
The overlay display on the screen of your height, speed etc, [HUD?] was on. I always have it off.
I changed the settings back to how I could remember I had them, restarted MSFS & in the boot up it asked me to reinstall MSFS Standard Edition!
I backed out of that & booted again & this time it was all ok, so I don't know what was going on.
T43

With my extraordinary flight sim precognition, I see a quick fix on the short term horizon.

I have experience many of the abnormalities (or maybe they are normalities?) you have experience. From reading flight sim forums we are not alone.

jimjones
November 27th, 2021, 05:44
Something strange is going on. MSFS is not synching right now and I can't even run it

jim.

guzler
November 27th, 2021, 06:03
Something strange is going on. MSFS is not synching right now and I can't even run it

jim.

I had an issue with mine not synching, I had to manually start the XBox app up for some reason. No issues before SU7 update.

jimjones
November 27th, 2021, 07:16
The non-synch situation was short lived.
Restoring all previous community files did not cause the upper toolbar or instrument readouts to fail.:dizzy:

All is well now.
Jim

jmig
November 27th, 2021, 11:57
Have you tried signing out and resigning into your MS account. That's sort of like the turn it off then back on. Amazing how fixes things so often.