PDA

View Full Version : Tupolev Tu-114 Rossiya Panels

Jafo
November 22nd, 2021, 17:47
It's about time, too.
I started all of these Panels ages ago...and simply got carried away with 'tricky bits'....been doing just about all of Tupolev's planes from around the same era.
This is probably my fave. Any plane whose prop tips break the sound barrier deserves respect...and there are 8 of them.

I did the panels directly from actual photographs, often having to 'meld' several photos into one...and then got adventurous with Jump Seat views....a whole new perspective.

Just about every gauge has been rewritten or at least altered/adapted, including what was 'fuel valves' in the center panel now handling the full start sequence. [and shutdown].

There are 2 gaus for cockpit conversations [in Russian] but all else is XML.

I've uploaded this as a full plane, not just a panel, as there are smoke effects as well as my old high-res paints from years ago. [updated again]

This is the first of the Panel uploads for the Tupolevs... but more to come...;)

One day I'll find out why my picture uploads always display as thumbnails, not full size. I even reduced these ones to 1920 and still no good, tho sometimes with an edit they show correctly [for a while].

Seahawk72s
November 22nd, 2021, 20:06
Nicely done..!
These panels have that retro, "steam punk", Japanese manga space ship look.

Jafo
November 22nd, 2021, 20:29
Nicely done..!
These panels have that retro, "steam punk", Japanese manga space ship look.
Well...ya gonna have to blame the Ruskies for that....this is what they flew in the 50's. I like the vintage....[particularly before 'glass gauges' turned cockpits into Playstations]...Holland blinds, fans, and all...;)

hertzie
November 24th, 2021, 00:41
Wonderful works! You're a genius!

hertzie

Jafo
December 5th, 2021, 14:29
Wonderful works! You're a genius!

hertzie
Thanks, hertzie ...but likely just 'mad'...;)

Jafo
December 26th, 2021, 17:26
Next one to upload will be the 104 ....;)

tommieboy
December 27th, 2021, 13:26
Next one to upload will be the 104 ....;)

:encouragement::encouragement:

Thanks, Jafo

Tommy