PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Blenheim MkI bomber for FS9

Shessi
November 20th, 2021, 13:12
Hi Folks,
I've just finished a new model of a Bristol Blenehim MkI light bomber for Fs9 and CFS2. With the testers as we speak, so it will be soon.

It's a mix of models that I cut and shut to get the best external model, along with a new VC, and a lot of built detail and new tex by myself.

Cheers

Shessi

ian elliot
November 20th, 2021, 22:47
ive already got the Virt model, but that VC looks very special indeed :encouragement:

hertzie
November 21st, 2021, 08:01
SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

hertzie

ian elliot
November 21st, 2021, 10:52
Ive been having a closer look at your screens, your texture work is really first class:encouragement:, i prefer a more matt finish on my WW2 aircraft, painters like SteveB, Sopwith and a few other's make FS9 really come alive for me and is one of the reason's ive moved back to FS9 and a less Shiny Shiny world, looking forward to flying this baby

huub vink
November 21st, 2021, 12:28
Thanks Shessi, very much appreciated. Like Ian, I already have the Alphasin/Virtavia one, but it is always nice to have a choice. And like Ian already mentioned your VC seems to be much nicer.
And as you can always ask..... Is it possible to do a Mk.I F long-range fighter versions as well?

Cheers,
Huub

Shessi
November 22nd, 2021, 03:31
Well folks, not blowing my own trumpet (ha!), IMHO this is a big improvement over the old Alpha version. The Alpha one has the wrong shaped nose, the engines/props/spiners inaccuarate, the crew awful and the vc extremely basic...apart from that it's a work of art! lol. Oh, and it's payware....

Certainly my version is by no means perfect, you be the judge of that.

Also from a repaint point of view, the Alpha one having several texs for the fuselage, makes it awkward, this version has just one.

And yes there will be a If and an NF version as well.

Cheers

Shessi

wbuchart
November 22nd, 2021, 04:45
OUTSTANDING!!!

Thank you for this and everything else you do! I think this particular aircraft never got all the love it deserved.....

huub vink
November 22nd, 2021, 07:20
Certainly my version is by no means perfect, you be the judge of that.

The payware Blenheim from Alphasim was already an improvement from Thicko's (very nice for those days) CFS2 model. I'm glad that you have been able to make an even more authentic model. To be honest I think these will be final improvements made on an FS9 model from the Blenheim, and I'm really happy that there will be a Mk.I F version.

The group here is still shrinking and we are not getting any younger. So you better hurry up :a1310:

Cheers,
Huub

vonernsk
November 22nd, 2021, 09:52
Thank you Shessi. Look forward to flying this historic a/c which helped hold the line when everything was crumbling.
Mal

Shessi
November 23rd, 2021, 08:12
Hi Folks,
Just uploaded to SOH....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=205&id=28833

Cheers

Shessi

gius
November 23rd, 2021, 09:48
Thanks Shessi for another masterpiece!!!
Giuseppe

alain0568
November 23rd, 2021, 12:41
-Thank you Shessi!:applause:
She work in FSX!!:jump:

Alain
-

demile
November 23rd, 2021, 13:16
Thx for this. cant wait for cfs 2 version

huub vink
November 23rd, 2021, 13:55
Thanks Shessi! As you can see I got it and did read the readme file again!

Very nice VC indeed!

https://i.imgur.com/sO3GzGP.jpg

Cheers,
Huub

Shessi
November 23rd, 2021, 14:00
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/132216376875157221.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Aircraft

Description: A new model of the Bristol Blenheim Mk I light bomber for Fs9.

Shessi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bristol Blenheim MkI Fs9 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=28833&catid=6)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

blaunarwal
November 23rd, 2021, 22:54
Very nice model, too bad I can't use it (P3D5).

Dan

Motormouse
November 24th, 2021, 04:51
Nice.. any plans to do the prototype civil airliner,
Lord Rothermere's fast mail plane?

Ttfn

Pete

Mick
November 24th, 2021, 05:38
Thanks, Mark!

Outstanding work!

:ernaehrung004:

Shessi
November 24th, 2021, 09:01
Hi Folks,
Glad you like it, I also like the early MkI, and as said, not that well represented in flight sims. Again without Baldy/Thicko and Greg, it wouldn't be here, so thanks initially to them.

Huub, always useful to read it! ;)

Demile, yes there will be, but although I've made it multi-LOD, it's still heavy on the CFS2 FR's, but will be good for player ac.

Dan, someone may port it over, it all depends on which P3D version you have.

Pete, I know what you mean, good looking ac, but with all my projects it will be low on the priority.

Mick, ta.

Cheers

Shessi

huub vink
November 24th, 2021, 23:53
Just an observation. Don't you think it must have been awfully noisy in the cockpit? I never realised before how close these guys were to the engines!

Cheers,
Huub

mav
November 25th, 2021, 02:07
Just an observation. Don't you think it must have been awfully noisy in the cockpit? I never realised before how close these guys were to the engines!

Cheers,
Huub

Yeh Huub... you'd think that ..... but they had them double glazed so it kept the noise down alot! Lol

Cheers mav

huub vink
November 25th, 2021, 05:28
Nevertheless I think HSE should have a look at it :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

Dev One
November 25th, 2021, 06:13
I would think very noisy if props fling off ice!!!!
Shessi, any chance the wing leading edges can be blended - they look too sharp & difference in underside colour exaggerates it too. I do though like very much the thin & gentle panel edge lines - just right in my eyes.
Keith

mav
November 25th, 2021, 18:54
...... hmmmm... Dev makes a good point??? Shessi you might wanna check the air in the tyres while you're at it?! Lol

Cheers mav

Mick
November 26th, 2021, 05:06
I would think very noisy if props fling off ice!!!! ... Keith

Keith, was that your letter I saw in the November issue of The Aeroplane, or do you have a namesake who's also an aviation buff?

Dev One
November 26th, 2021, 05:40
Keith, was that your letter I saw in the November issue of The Aeroplane, or do you have a namesake who's also an aviation buff?

Guilty as charged!!!!!
Keith

Mick
November 27th, 2021, 05:51
I thought so!