PDA

View Full Version : David Molyneaux models for FSX

gavinc
October 24th, 2021, 13:14
Hi,
I have converted some of Dave's lovely models to FSX and/or P3D standards. A number of them are only for P3D due to conversion issues but some are for both.
Most recently I have uploaded the Short Scions. There are both FSX and P3D native models in the package.

Hope you enjoy.

Gavin

magoo
October 25th, 2021, 10:22
This is a real treat. I'm between sim computers at the moment, but I'm grabbing these and stashing them away for later. David has created a most interesting line of aircraft rendering, and I appreciate your hard work and generosity making these conversions available to us all. Thanks so much, Sir..!!

gavinc
October 25th, 2021, 17:19
Thanks,
if you check the downloads you will see several others that are re-compiled for FSX as well.
Stay tuned for the Blackburn B2.

Gavin

magoo
October 27th, 2021, 21:04
What it's like to fly the B.2.....the only, last surviving B.2.....

https://www.pilotweb.aero/aircraft/flight-tests/blackburn-b2-flight-test-6290448

Dev One
October 27th, 2021, 23:44
What it's like to fly the B.2.....the only, last surviving B.2.....

https://www.pilotweb.aero/aircraft/flight-tests/blackburn-b2-flight-test-6290448

Nice find & just giving her a quick flip in FS9 she handles much as described in the real aircraft flight report - except for the cruise speed at 2050 rpm - 65 kts is a bit slow even with 2 up, so maybe there is a rpm indicator / ASI discrepancy, or a fine pitch prop fitted. Although without a VSI & a sensitive altimeter one could easily be in a 'draggy' attitude.
Keith

gavinc
October 28th, 2021, 15:59
The combined FSX and P3D package for the Blackburn B-2 is now in the library.

Thanks again to Dave M. for his great original work.

Gavin

gavinc
November 14th, 2021, 09:37
Just uploaded 4 (well 5 really) more Auster conversions.
The Alpha (2 versions), Alpine, Autocrat, Autocar with Gypsy Major engine, and Autocar with Lycoming Engine (2 versions) are all now available (or will be once the librarians get a chance to approve them) to fly in your FSX skies.

Hope you enjoy them.

Please note that the aircraft.cfg files default to the P3D models, you need point the model and panel files to the FSX versions.

Gavin