PDA

View Full Version : start locaton

norm
March 7th, 2009, 08:40
i have recently gotten 2004, and want to know is there any way to set it up withe your aircreft in parking with every thing off?

TomSteber
March 7th, 2009, 09:07
Get in what ever plane you want, park it where you want to start from, shut everything down. Then save the flight as your default flight. Then when you start up the sim, it will put you where you picked, all cold and dark.
It's that easy.

OleBoy
March 7th, 2009, 09:12
I never knew that.

Nice bit of info Tom

Thanks!!:ernae:

aeromed202
March 7th, 2009, 15:35
Along those lines how'bout an aircraft that no matter what I do once it loads I hear the engine winding down and can't get it to re-start. It's an A7, I'll have to look up which. It just sits there and won't lite. What's going on?

Tarmac Kill.

TomSteber
March 7th, 2009, 17:10
Check the fuel valve that it's set to Right, Left or Both. Or it could be a battery switch. Control+E works most of the time if nothing else.

Tom Clayton
March 8th, 2009, 15:51
That could also be one of those that has a gauge the forces cold/dark at startup and disables Ctrl+E. I've seen one or two of those in my time. Sometimes you can check the panel.cfg and comment out the offending gauge.

Desert Rat
March 8th, 2009, 16:04
Last edited by JDTinballs; March 2nd, 2006 at 19:45..

twasn't me, never touched it gov, honest.

aeromed202
March 11th, 2009, 05:38
I'll have a look at the cfg as it sounds like the problem might be there. What line should I look for?

Tom Clayton
March 11th, 2009, 05:58
You'll have to look for some sort of reference cold, or dark, or startup, or something like that. Which A-7 are you talking about? If it's freeware I can grab a copy and try to see what I can see...

aeromed202
March 11th, 2009, 19:17
Well that was the sound of me doing what that yellow guy is doing-cause while looking for it I discovered that at some point in the past I deleted all my FS2002 aircraft zip files somewhere along the way:faint:

Oh well the joys of re-discovery eh? But it looks like it is a freeware version of the A7E by AlphaSim and so far I can't find it on their site but I'll keep poking around.

Tom Clayton
March 11th, 2009, 21:39
As far as I know, all of Alpha's freebies are uploaded here, and the only Corsair is a "D" model, here (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=4281#download). That one's panel is aliased to the default Lear, so if that's the plane you have, you've got a different panel.

Tell ya what - just copy the text of the panel.cfg and shoot it too me in an email. I'll see if I can spot the offending line.

OBIO
March 11th, 2009, 23:34
There is also an E model of the A-7 by Alphasim. It is in the library here as well.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=AlphaOldies&ammm=15&pap=12#download (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=AlphaOldies&ammm=15&pap=12#download)

OBIO

Tom Clayton
March 12th, 2009, 06:21
Thanks! The first search I did was using the name "Corsair," so that one didn't show. But unfortunately, that one is also aliased to the Lear panel.

aeromed202
March 12th, 2009, 06:46
Thanks guys for the help. I just downloaded the E and copied the panel which is the Lear aliased. It still makes start up sounds with the horizon gauge stablizing then it all just stops and shuts down each time. I tried another panel without any change so maybe its in the air file?
Tried some other things and now it sounds like one engine starts but not the other. I get a steady but weak jet sound but still no artificial horizon action. Funny, I could swear this thing has only one engine. Maybe thats the problem? Just for fun I am going to swap airfiles with the DSB A7 and see what happens.

OBIO
March 12th, 2009, 06:53
aeromed

Take a look under my uploads...I did panel for the AlphaSim A-7. There is no vc set up, since the plane is not modeled with a detailed VC....just that big ugly blotch of blackness.

OBIO

aeromed202
March 12th, 2009, 07:09
I'll do that, thanks again. I now plan to review all my A7 stuff, kinda got AFU with cross-patching, updates and all over time.