PDA

View Full Version : Some more F6F Hellcats...

Morton
March 6th, 2009, 15:55
Three more skins for the stock OVERHAULED Hellcat. (Panel attached from my previous F6F uploads).

cheers
Mort

Ghostrider
March 6th, 2009, 16:27
Sweet, Morton! Very nice!

GR

Rami
March 6th, 2009, 16:44
Morton,

Excellent work! :ernae:

Helldiver
March 6th, 2009, 16:46
Nice repaints. No shine on aircraft and it should be if it's a solid blue Hellcat..

Jagdflieger
March 6th, 2009, 17:26
Thanks Morton! Just what we need for those late war missions.

Shadow Wolf 07
March 6th, 2009, 18:27
Thanks... they look nice!

OBIO
March 6th, 2009, 18:37
Look great as usual Morton. And Helldiver is right...the plane needs some shine to really put the finishing touches on it....luckily I have of the MDLs for The B-24 Guy's Overhauled stockers shined...will get them uploaded this weekend.

OBIO

PomBee
March 7th, 2009, 00:14
Those look beautiful (as usual). You are officially "Da Man" as they say in all the best country clubs.

Cheers,

PomBee.:applause::applause::applause::applause:

kelticheart
March 7th, 2009, 02:12
Look great as usual Morton. And Helldiver is right...the plane needs some shine to really put the finishing touches on it....luckily I have of the MDLs for The B-24 Guy's Overhauled stockers shined...will get them uploaded this weekend.

OBIO

As a matter of fact, when the Navy switched to solid Night Blue camo in 1944, the paint had a high gloss finish, better suited to resist to salted sea air corrosion more efficiently than matte finish.

In this case, the shine should be more evident than the usual soft satin finish, typical of matte finish paints.

I usually get the right effects with Morton's MakeMDL util set to 0.2 Specular RGB and 40 Specular Power for matte soft shine and 0.5 Specular RGB and 40 Specular Power for high gloss and natural metal finishes.

OUTSTANDING REPAINTS, MORTON, BEST O' THE BEST!!

:medals: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :medals:

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Helldiver
March 7th, 2009, 04:05
The shiny surface ended up giving the F6-F fiveteen more mph so it was worth it. - Plus it made the airplanes look purty.
As long as your shining up the surface, you may as well set the antenna right. As configred it would not work as any electonichers would tell you.
It was a center fed dipole for the SCR-522 transciever. So a single line would feed it. Plus it was stainless steel wire so would be kind of gray and not black.
The antenna mast was bent forward because it was attached to a frame but being verticle it would be too short to accomadate the length of the antenna.
I know, this comes under rivet counting but since you were changing things...

Jaxon
March 7th, 2009, 04:54
For me it's far away from rivet counting!
I learn from stuff like that!

Great skins, Morton!

Helldiver
March 7th, 2009, 07:00
When I was at Flight Test at Jacksonville, where we did all the A&R for the Hellcat, I got to climb into hundreds of F6s. So I got to know them well. We used to do taxi tests, hydraulics, electrical, compass deviations and bore sight the guns. I got to know the shotgun starter on a intimate basis.

OBIO
March 8th, 2009, 13:25
Helldiver

If I could change the mast I would...but that would require a source file for the model and a working knowledge of Gmax or FSDS...none of which I have. I can shine the MDLs but not change any of the design features inside them.

OBIO