PDA

View Full Version : Sudden loss of all flight controls with Joystick/Throttle

Death_Eagle_571
August 22nd, 2021, 15:19
He guys, just got back into Flightsimming, SU5 is working as far as I can tell, also no killer corsair torque. But I'm having a weird issue, all of a sudden, at random, I lose all input on my joystick and throttle, its a Thrustmaster 16000M.

Tom Clayton
August 22nd, 2021, 15:48
Idea... When you lose control input, hit Esc, then open the controller settings. First thing is to see if your controller is even there. If it is, pull up the sensitivities section so that you can see if the axes are actually moving in-sim. If it's there and the axes are moving in the sensitivities control, then there's some other issue in the sim.

Death_Eagle_571
August 22nd, 2021, 17:37
Idea... When you lose control input, hit Esc, then open the controller settings. First thing is to see if your controller is even there. If it is, pull up the sensitivities section so that you can see if the axes are actually moving in-sim. If it's there and the axes are moving in the sensitivities control, then there's some other issue in the sim.

Just checked, everything seems fine settings wise. This is so strange.. Everything was working great before SU5...

Francois
August 23rd, 2021, 00:23
I have a similar issue..... but in my case it seems to be because of a faulty or flaky USB hub or connector somewhere. When I check in options, the controllers are gone !!
Pulling the USB cable out and plugging back in (sometimes several times needed) then seems to restore the things. But it makes for weird crashes when flying :biggrin-new:

mooringj
August 23rd, 2021, 04:28
Hi,

Can it be caused by the "usb powersafe" options of windows?

Francois
August 23rd, 2021, 08:40
Hi,

Can it be caused by the "usb powersafe" options of windows?

Not in my case (I think)..... I turned that off.....

Priller
August 23rd, 2021, 08:57
He guys, just got back into Flightsimming, SU5 is working as far as I can tell, also no killer corsair torque. But I'm having a weird issue, all of a sudden, at random, I lose all input on my joystick and throttle, its a Thrustmaster 16000M.

I have the same one, never had that happen to me. It is however just a year old.

Priller

FlameOut
August 23rd, 2021, 12:19
Death_Eagle,

Go to search window and type in this:

Setup USB game controllers

Make sure that Windows 10 sees your input device and that all of the little red buttons light up and axis move when you test the darn thing.

SU 5 did indeed mess with my Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units assigned buttons & axis.

While at my control options in MSFS it still does not light up the assigned buttons or show the slider bar going left or right .... even though they do work in the sim.

It's crazy :banghead:

Dangerous Beans
August 23rd, 2021, 14:13
Death_Eagle,

Go to search window and type in this:

Setup USB game controllers

Make sure that Windows 10 sees your input device and that all of the little red buttons light up and axis move when you test the darn thing.

It's crazy :banghead:

Seeing as Win 10 doesn't provide a link to that in the start menu browse to C:\Windows\System32\joy.cpl and you can make a shortcut to it for future convenience if you want to.
Win 7 didn't have it in the start menu either but Win XP and 98 did called "Game Controllers".

Priller
August 23rd, 2021, 22:14
Seeing as Win 10 doesn't provide a link to that in the start menu browse to C:\Windows\System32\joy.cpl and you can make a shortcut to it for future convenience if you want to.
Win 7 didn't have it in the start menu either but Win XP and 98 did called "Game Controllers".

Flameout's instructions work just fine. The search function of Windows 10 is probably the best function of that OS!

Priller

Mr.Mugel
August 24th, 2021, 00:56
It's not by any chance only happening when you pan around with the mouse holding the left mouse button?

Drove me crazy until I realized it after SU5.

udidwht
September 8th, 2021, 08:52
It is an issue that popped up after SU5. Have a look at the MSFS forums and search 'Trim'

UnknownGuest12
September 9th, 2021, 16:21
Mine is working, only wish it will perform just like in P3D...unable to configure it in a satisfactory way...:banghead:

Death_Eagle_571
September 9th, 2021, 16:36
It's not by any chance only happening when you pan around with the mouse holding the left mouse button?

Drove me crazy until I realized it after SU5.

So this is interesting, I just checked, and this is exactly whats happening to me!