PDA

View Full Version : Another Hot Fix Coming

Tom Clayton
August 4th, 2021, 16:55
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/regarding-your-feedback-upcoming-hotfix/436063

More fixing of broke stuff...

YoYo
August 4th, 2021, 21:59
Great, I think it will be in Monday. :wavey:
Nice to see the new slider, the best option has P3D: bloom, saturation, gamma. Id like to see sharpen slider also.

CG_1976
August 4th, 2021, 22:14
Great, I think it will be in Monday. :wavey:
Nice to see the new slider, the best option has P3D: bloom, saturation, gamma. Id like to see sharpen slider also.

Id love to have those slider controls. At least MSFS2020 doesn't have the XP11 haze issue lol.

Mr.Mugel
August 5th, 2021, 06:16
Nice! The temperature spikes are the worst thing currently for me. Keeps you on your toes in the DC-6 maintaining the temperatures when there are sudden temperature differences in the OAT of about 40°C. Also the Ground texture LOD thing is very cool as I am currently doing a round trip around the US in the DC-6. Got a bit fudgy after SU5.

dvj
August 5th, 2021, 09:06
Creating this level of dissatisfactioin with thousands of users should not go unpunished. I suggest a leadership change at Asobo.

jmig
August 5th, 2021, 09:44
Hot Fix to fix the Hot Fix.
Are we going to later see a Hot Fix to fix the Hot Fix that fixed the Hot Fix which fixed the Hot Update? :dizzy:

StormILM
August 5th, 2021, 11:03
It is very apparent that their Beta & Release Candidate Testing is less than adequate with so many of these issues slipping through. If they took their time to do the level of testing needed, they would save themselves a lot of time and money in getting it right and moving into another phase of planned upgrades. Just an observation, not bashing.

ST0RM
August 5th, 2021, 11:04
It appears that they've taken a page from the Eagle Dynamics/DCS playbook and are using the customer base as Beta Testers. Sadly, this has become the industry standard now.

jimjones
August 5th, 2021, 11:35
It may be weeks, months or never for my problem to be fixed. I get a corrupted download that does not allow updating any world updates, does not allow shutting the sim down, or visiting certain places or have a CTD without having to reinstall the sim. I was concerned when purchasing the sim that I would be subject to the kind of problems we're having, a nightmare come true. ASOBO does have a detailed account of my problems and did respond with their standard reply. So now wait, wait, wait.......wait. So my level of dissatisfaction is extreme.

Tom Clayton
August 5th, 2021, 14:06
It appears that they've taken a page from the Eagle Dynamics/DCS playbook and are using the customer base as Beta Testers. Sadly, this has become the industry standard now.
They actually did a beta period for Sim Update 5 - it was roughly a month. I had the opportunity to join, but opted to keep my stable version. I was still considered under the NDA because I had access to the beta subsection on the official forum.

It may be weeks, months or never for my problem to be fixed. I get a corrupted download that does not allow updating any world updates, does not allow shutting the sim down, or visiting certain places or have a CTD without having to reinstall the sim. I was concerned when purchasing the sim that I would be subject to the kind of problems we're having, a nightmare come true. ASOBO does have a detailed account of my problems and did respond with their standard reply. So now wait, wait, wait.......wait. So my level of dissatisfaction is extreme.
Have you tried posting at the official board? There are people there that have the ear of the dev's, so you might be able to get an answer.

heywooood
August 5th, 2021, 18:38
MSFS is a big chunk of programming or more aptly an unholy trinity of flight sim, global rendering, and AI programming all being made to mesh and stream in a viable package as one kit - to each end user on demand.
What are the odds that it would be a lot to coordinate between the groups? or update efficiently? or test effectively? using traditional methods...
I know my opinions can be all over the boards on this MSFS thing - but I think we all can see how ambitious the project was and is.
One sim to rule them all, One sim to find them, One sim to bring them all - and in the darkness bind them..
Gamers, simmers, consolers, PC'ers all under one project that itself is a collective..what could possibly go wrong? lol

Javis
August 5th, 2021, 22:29
Wellspoken Lord Heywooood !

Lets all take this Precious Sim on a Holy Quest and fly to the Black Land of Mordor, navigate to Amon Amarth known as Mount Doom and dump this Precious Sim into the Sammath Naur also known as the Chambers of Fire where the Dark Lord Asobo together with the even Darker Lord MS forged this godforsaken Precious Sim.

Only then we'll sleep peacefully again.

wombat666
August 5th, 2021, 23:32
Something of a case where ambition overcomes ability.
I'm not flying it that much, P3D keeps me entertained for now.
:pirate:

robcap
August 6th, 2021, 00:27
Lets all take this Precious Sim on a Holy Quest and fly to the Black Land of Mordor, navigate to Amon Amarth known as Mount Doom and dump this Precious Sim into the Sammath Naur also known as the Chambers of Fire where the Dark Lord Asobo together with the even Darker Lord MS forged this godforsaken Precious Sim.
Only then we'll sleep peacefully again.
That's funny 😂😂😂

stansdds
August 6th, 2021, 01:33
MSFS is a big chunk of programming or more aptly an unholy trinity of flight sim, global rendering, and AI programming all being made to mesh and stream in a viable package as one kit - to each end user on demand.
What are the odds that it would be a lot to coordinate between the groups? or update efficiently? or test effectively? using traditional methods...
I know my opinions can be all over the boards on this MSFS thing - but I think we all can see how ambitious the project was and is.
One sim to rule them all, One sim to find them, One sim to bring them all - and in the darkness bind them..
Gamers, simmers, consolers, PC'ers all under one project that itself is a collective..what could possibly go wrong? lol

Yep. And a hot fix will not fix the hot mess. Glad I did not invest in MSFS. I'll stick with FSX for now and maybe, although FSX works well for me, jump to P3D.

jmig
August 6th, 2021, 02:13

Have tried going into the Apps page of Win 10 and try fixing, resetting, or deleting MSFS. If you delete it or perhaps even reset, you will have to go into the Games store and redownload everything. I had to do this once, but it fixed MSFS.

jmig
August 6th, 2021, 02:17

"Well said, Brain," states Pinky.

jimjones
August 6th, 2021, 03:01
They actually did a beta period for Sim Update 5 - it was roughly a month. I had the opportunity to join, but opted to keep my stable version. I was still considered under the NDA because I had access to the beta subsection on the official forum.

Have you tried posting at the official board? There are people there that have the ear of the dev's, so you might be able to get an answer.

How do I get to the official board?:dizzy:

jimjones
August 6th, 2021, 03:06
Have tried going into the Apps page of Win 10 and try fixing, resetting, or deleting MSFS. If you delete it or perhaps even reset, you will have to go into the Games store and redownload everything. I had to do this once, but it fixed MSFS.

I 've reinstalled several times, over 6. Each time the World update 1 for Japan shows an ERROR 3 message.

centuryseries
August 6th, 2021, 04:01
How do I get to the official board?:dizzy:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/

Mathias
August 6th, 2021, 06:49
I 've reinstalled several times, over 6. Each time the World update 1 for Japan shows an ERROR 3 message.

Got the same error:3
Seems reporting it at zendesk is the ticket as they have to manually change some settings in your account.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/world-update-1-japan-not-installed-error-3/427566/32

dvj
August 6th, 2021, 07:21
MSFS is a big chunk of programming or more aptly an unholy trinity of flight sim, global rendering, and AI programming all being made to mesh and stream in a viable package as one kit - to each end user on demand. What are the odds that it would be a lot to coordinate between the groups? or update efficiently? or test effectively? using traditional methods...I know my opinions can be all over the boards on this MSFS thing - but I think we all can see how ambitious the project was and is. One sim to rule them all, One sim to find them, One sim to bring them all - and in the darkness bind them..Gamers, simmers, consolers, PC'ers all under one project that itself is a collective..what could possibly go wrong? lolThe one sim as you say is what broke it. The merging of Xbox and PC functionality needed a lot more testing. I say hot fix the managment. ;-)

ak416
August 6th, 2021, 08:50
I love seeing people who are completely ignorant to the woes of game development on a scale as massive as MSFS make baseless assumptions about Asobo's intentions or priorities and even their staffing structure.

You just come across as an ignorant ******* when you say dumb things like "it's a management issue" when in reality you have no idea what you are talking about, because if you did you would realize the "management" are people like Jorg Neumann and Seb Wloch, two very experienced and capable industry veterans who are just as passionate about aviation and flight simulation as you and I. Their resumes speak for themselves, but hey, random guy with an internet connection and no clue, you know better, right? :biggrin-new:

tiger1962
August 6th, 2021, 10:47
the "management" are people like Jorg Neumann and Seb Wloch, two very experienced and capable industry veterans who are just as passionate about aviation and flight simulation as you and I. Their resumes speak for themselves, but hey, random guy with an internet connection and no clue, you know better, right? :biggrin-new:

Well said, sir. Asobo Studios and Xbox Game Studios have just launched MSFS on Xbox X and S, technically two different platforms. So they're now developing MSFS for PC/Windows 10, Xbox X and S - three platforms. When Windows 11 is launched, maybe four?
They have to start somewhere, and it makes perfect sense to start with all three current platforms being equal.
Nothing in MSFS is set in stone, all of this is subject to change for the next ten years and it will all balance out eventually.
I own a mid-range PC and an Xbox Series X so it's a win-win situation for me - I'd advise all MSFS simmers to do the same.

jimjones
August 6th, 2021, 10:55
Got the same error:3
Seems reporting it at zendesk is the ticket as they have to manually change some settings in your account.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/world-update-1-japan-not-installed-error-3/427566/32

This looks promising if Zendesk will respond. Will send another ticket soon. Hope this resolves your problem too.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/

Thanks for the link.

Tom Clayton
August 6th, 2021, 15:17
Honestly, I haven't had anywhere near the problems that most of y'all are reporting. I have a modest gaming laptop that seems to run it just fine after I took the time to tweak every setting individually. The things that have a high impact on how things look get set to high, and things that have very little impact on looks (but ironically seem to have the most performance impact) are dialed back or turned off. My last crash was right after SU5 when I forgot to turn off AI traffic right after reading that AI traffic was known to cause crashes. :banghead: I'll own that one. The only other hiccup has been getting used to using the new mouse system in the TBM, but once I found the secret, it quickly became second nature. I'm going out for a drink or two in a bit, but I'll be flying tomorrow. If 1.18.15.0 goes as well as 13 and 14, I'll be happy!

Core basics
TUF Gaming FX505DT
AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
16.0 GB RAM

Priller
August 7th, 2021, 11:42
Honestly, I haven't had anywhere near the problems that most of y'all are reporting. I have a modest gaming laptop that seems to run it just fine after I took the time to tweak every setting individually. The things that have a high impact on how things look get set to high, and things that have very little impact on looks (but ironically seem to have the most performance impact) are dialed back or turned off. My last crash was right after SU5 when I forgot to turn off AI traffic right after reading that AI traffic was known to cause crashes. :banghead: I'll own that one. The only other hiccup has been getting used to using the new mouse system in the TBM, but once I found the secret, it quickly became second nature. I'm going out for a drink or two in a bit, but I'll be flying tomorrow. If 1.18.15.0 goes as well as 13 and 14, I'll be happy!

Core basics
TUF Gaming FX505DT
AMD Ryzen 5 3550H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
16.0 GB RAM

I had a computer mishap (did something really stupid) and had to reinstall my rig completely. Installing MSFS was a smooth, but rather lengthy process, but things are running smooth as silk here. Reinstalling my machine was overdue (I do that every year or so), so I'm a happy camper.

BTW Tom, if you run MSFS on that laptop of yours, then I would love to see a screenshot of yours, really. Out of pure curiosity.

Cheers,

Jan

Tom Clayton
August 7th, 2021, 13:31
Everything I've posted in the screenshots thread has been from my laptop, but today was the first real flight after the update and hotfixes. The first two were taken with the XBox game bar system to capture the framerate overlay added by the GeForce Experience app. The third was taken with the GFX screenshooter since it ignores its own overlay. I run a mix of high and low settings. I really need to re-type that list since all the updates have changed the menu, but overall, if it has a big impact on visuals, it's up, if not, it's either down or off. That saves processing power for the things that really matter.

K5083
August 7th, 2021, 18:38
The hotfix hotfix installation went completely painlessly for me today, but has it changed anything for anybody? I can see that it didn't repair the airport history bug or the trim wheel axis bug, and it also hasn't changed the only type of crashes I've been experiencing. These are when the game freezes after you have selected your plane and airport/route and pressed "FLY," while the pretty landscape loading screen is showing, with the status bar at about 60%. That still happens, not often but about as often as before.

Hopefully some of you are having less CTDs or experiencing some benefit from the new patch.

August

Tom Clayton
August 8th, 2021, 09:36
BTW Tom, if you run MSFS on that laptop of yours, then I would love to see a screenshot of yours, really. Out of pure curiosity.

Disclaimer - I may be playing with some of these again soon.

When the sim first launched, I found a video on YT that showed the differences between the high and low settings for every option in the graphics list at the time. I still point people to this. Warning - get a pen and paper. It's 48+ minutes!

These are my current settings. Note - I'm launching the sim right now to reset Buildings from High to Medium after watching the first part of the video again. There's virtually no gain with High or Ultra.

V-Sync > Off
Anti-Aliasing > TAA
Terrain LOD > 100
Terrain Vector Data > Medium
Buildings > Medium
Trees > High
Grass/Bushes > High
Objects LOD > 50
Clouds > Ultra
Texture Resolution > Low
Anisotropic Filtering > 4x
Texuture Supersampling > 4x4
Texture Synthesis > Low
Water Waves > High
Shadow Maps 2048
Terrain Shadowns 128
Contact Shadowns > Ultra
Windshield Effects > High (no glass screen reflections)
Ambient Occlusion > Ultra
Reflections > Ultra
Bloom > On
Depth of Field > Off
Lens Correction > Off
Lens Flare > Off
Glass Refresh Rate > High

Priller
August 8th, 2021, 10:58
Disclaimer - I may be playing with some of these again soon.

When the sim first launched, I found a video on YT that showed the differences between the high and low settings for every option in the graphics list at the time. I still point people to this. Warning - get a pen and paper. It's 48+ minutes!

These are my current settings. Note - I'm launching the sim right now to reset Buildings from High to Medium after watching the first part of the video again. There's virtually no gain with High or Ultra.

V-Sync > Off
Anti-Aliasing > TAA
Terrain LOD > 100
Terrain Vector Data > Medium
Buildings > Medium
Trees > High
Grass/Bushes > High
Objects LOD > 50
Clouds > Ultra
Texture Resolution > Low
Anisotropic Filtering > 4x
Texuture Supersampling > 4x4
Texture Synthesis > Low
Water Waves > High
Shadow Maps 2048
Terrain Shadowns 128
Contact Shadowns > Ultra
Windshield Effects > High (no glass screen reflections)
Ambient Occlusion > Ultra
Reflections > Ultra
Bloom > On
Depth of Field > Off
Lens Correction > Off
Lens Flare > Off
Glass Refresh Rate > High

Thanks (again) Tom!

Which brings me to another point (actually the reverse point): when toning down from ultra or high to medium, do you notice a performance gain?

I know, I'm a lazy b*****d. It's just that I have to get up at 05:30 tomorrow.

Cheers,

Priller

Tom Clayton
August 8th, 2021, 12:49
When I first started with MSFS, yes, I did notice a gain in frames. I still struggled to get over 25, but it was flyable over all but the densest photogrammetry locations. I still haven't flown over Manhattan since SU5, but I'm hopeful. I suppose if I really want to benchmark it, I could just spawn at London City and see what happens there. The things I have dialed back are the things I saw in that video that made the least impact on visuals, so I figured I could save a few GPU cycles without them.

Browncoat
August 8th, 2021, 14:36
Tom,

I tried out your settings on my rig, and one (or all) seem to have resolved the micro-stuttering that I was experiencing. Thank you for doing the leg work on the YouTube video.

Previously I had everything set to high, with a few things like clouds on Ultra. Honestly, I can’t see where things have been “cranked-down” with the changes I made based on your settings.

UnknownGuest12
August 8th, 2021, 16:22
Day before yesterday decided to move my installation of P3Dv5 in one of the pc´s to another drive in order to get more free space into my 1Tb SSD
After new install of 3PD, configured it, all of Orbx stuff (plenty of it), some planes, etc and run it. Almost forgot how it looked...so, it´s going to sleep again...and had to pay for it twice, since I have two pc´s. One will be useless now. Other iddle...
MSFS, no, much cheaper.
I think that Asobo has a very good product. Some problems of course, but they trying to solve them. I welcome every update and hotfix. Some of the mods I find in flightsim.to are precious for me mostly the ones for Portugal.
So I´m quite happy with Asobo, MSFS and about those updates and fixes and hotfix for the hotfix, they are very much welcome. Only wish they make a better config for my Thrustmaster 16000...
Regards