PDA

View Full Version : Panel troubles

Taco
March 4th, 2009, 17:46
I just installed a new panel and have this problem.( in a 707) When changing the heading it only moves by 10, for example: If you are on 250 degrees and want to go to 255 degrees, it goes to 260 degrees. The same thing happens to the altitude setting they jump by a thousand feet, from 10,000 and you want 15,000 the darn thing jumps to 20,000. Any help is appreciated.

Lionheart
March 4th, 2009, 17:54
I just installed a new panel and have this problem.( in a 707) When changing the heading it only moves by 10, for example: If you are on 250 degrees and want to go to 255 degrees, it goes to 260 degrees. The same thing happens to the altitude setting they jump by a thousand feet, from 10,000 and you want 15,000 the darn thing jumps to 20,000. Any help is appreciated.

Hey Taco,

Are the gauges written in XML in a CAB file? or are they in GAU format?

If in XML/CAB, then they can be edited and repaired.

Also, make sure there isnt a click zone that has a different 'adjustment amount setting'. Perhaps you have only found the 'high jump' adjustment click zones..

Bill

srgalahad
March 4th, 2009, 19:52
In fact, Taco, there's usually an easy "fix" but there's nothing wrong...

on many gauges like a DG/Hdg controller/HSI/autopilot, if you CLICK on the + or - it will advance by "ten", "hundred" or "thousand" but if you mouse over the control and use the scroll wheel on the mouse you have fine control... so you have two levels of control. With an older (non-wheel mouse) I don't have an answer. The scroll wheel has been enabled for quite a few functions.

As well, on some if you click and hold it will advance (or retard) slowly at first and then more rapidly the longer you hold the mouse button down. Many of the MS default gauges act this way (try the C-172 OBS or DG controls)

Rob

Wild Bill Kelso
March 5th, 2009, 06:51
I remember some gauges show this effect depending on the FSUIPC version.
I don't know exactly which panel/gauges it was (HD capacity > brain capacity...) that had this 10° increments when a not registered or an older version of FSUIPC is installed.