PDA

View Full Version : New Cockpit Mouse Interaction Method

Tom Clayton
July 28th, 2021, 19:56
I'm seeing several questions about this, so I'm going to leave this up for a week or so...

Copied from the official release notes:
(Red bold text is by me to highlight...)

Cockpit interactions
Added the new “Lock” interaction system:

Set active by default but can be reverted to “Legacy” in Options / General Options / Accessibility.
Tooltips are now displaying the instrument name, instrument values, and controls (dynamic depending of the device in use)
Using the cursor or the camera center pointer, you can highlight any interactive cockpit instrument.
Once highlighted, you can interact with the instrument:

If the instrument is simple (buttons, 2 positions switches), tapping Xbox Controller A or Mouse left button will interact with it.
If the instrument is complex (knobs, levers…), tapping Xbox Controller A or holding Mouse left button will lock on it.
Once locked on an instrument, you can:

Use primary (Xbox Controller A/ Mouse left button), secondary (Xbox Controller X/ Mouse right button) or tertiary (Xbox Controller Y/ Mouse middle button) interactions.
Increase/ decrease the instrument (Xbox Controller LT/ RT or Mouse wheel)
Use gestures (Xbox Controller left stick or Mouse movements)
Unlock the instrument (Xbox Controller B or release Mouse left button)

StormILM
July 28th, 2021, 20:49
I saw the new default (change) and was flabbergasted I could not find information on this at first. Quite frankly, the default for this function for PC should be on Legacy. Until I figured this out on my own, I could not use any mouse-able inputs in my VC's. Nevertheless, all is good now, I have most of this AI and New Cockpit Mouse Interaction Method disabled.

jmig
July 29th, 2021, 05:44
I found it shows a lot of information, mostly useless to me. However, I like the way the switch lights up when you are hovering in the correct spot. Makes it easier, to me, to flip.

paiken
July 29th, 2021, 09:40
Some very useful tips here on how to "fix" the mouse interactions.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fixes-work-arounds-for-su5-in-game-ui-tool-tips-missing-mouse-cursor-issues/429362/2

Mr.Mugel
July 30th, 2021, 07:23
Hmm, I've read through that thread and it seems like two people have the same issue I have, not being able to control the aircraft while holding the right mouse button to look around. Middle mouse button (Toggle mouse view) seems to allow aircraft control, so I'll work with that for now, but still I'm looking for a better workaround. So if anyone knows anything, I'd be glad to hear about it!

Mr.Mugel
July 30th, 2021, 08:16
Switching the mouse buttons for Hold and Toggle in Cockpit view somehow fixed it for me.