PDA

View Full Version : GPS Tracking info needed - Champ Camp II?

OleBoy
March 4th, 2009, 16:02
Here I am hooked like a catfish....

I read lots about what was. The Champ Camp topic had over 1000 posts. I need to know the grid co-ordinates to do a fly-by.

Anyone?

pointy31
March 4th, 2009, 16:18
Here I am hooked like a catfish....

I read lots about what was. The Champ Camp topic had over 1000 posts. I need to know the grid co-ordinates to do a fly-by.

Anyone?

The name "Champ Camp" was adopted by the members of the Loyal order of the Aeronca". The Champ Camp exists only in our hearts...Glad you're interested in the Champ/Tri-Champ, and Welcome...:ernae:

OleBoy
March 4th, 2009, 16:24
Hi Pointy

Ahh yes. The finer things in life. Derived from days past. Nothing quick about them but the memories. All this talk about Champ Camp is awe inspiring. A great piece of aviation history:wiggle:

pointy31
March 4th, 2009, 17:15
John Humphries and Cazzie Dalton did a bunch of paints for the Champs, as did Drzook. We did have a good thing going, but interest waned when LilSki dropped off radar. Hopefully new life will be breathed into the Champ Camp ...:ernae:

OleBoy
March 4th, 2009, 17:37
Well, if all goes right I just lit the fire. The Aeronca Champ is a great asset. I can only imagine the original "Champ Camp" lost to the database disaster. One hiccup and resuscitation begins. Blow on them twice and stomp on their chest...........CLEAR!!!!...........CONTACT!!!

pointy31
March 11th, 2009, 06:49
Watch this space...:ernae:

LilSki
March 11th, 2009, 07:01
Watching...................

Was something supposed to happen? ;)

pointy31
March 11th, 2009, 07:19
Who was that masked man??? :kilroy:

srgalahad
March 11th, 2009, 07:21
Hi Kevin!!! How's the "musical interlude" going?

As you can tell, the Champ is still high on our list of 'good things to do' :ernae:

LilSki
March 11th, 2009, 09:22
I have come to realize that music is something that has been missing in my life since I finished High School. I kind of wish I had gotten into playing guitar sooner as it would have helped pass the time when in college. Although I did most of my sim stuff while in HS ;)

I was sitting at my computer the other day and started pluckin around with the Tri. I went through the lists of problem people reported to me and fixed them all. I found the tri was only runing at 65 HP from the old champ. it has since but upped to the proper 90Hp and will cruise close to 100MPH now and climb around 800 FPM at max gross weight.

I Also am putting together a pack to update the L-16 with the newer smooth guages and with an L-16B variant. Everything is together I am just going through some paints that some have done and will put the final package together.

My website is dead but they are working on it. So this is the only way to show updates. Which really is the only place that matters ;)

Willy
March 11th, 2009, 11:06
Return of the Champ Camp? :d

Glad to see you back here Kevin. :ernae:

n147yt
March 11th, 2009, 11:52
Hey Kevin did you finish the "BIRD" ?

n147yt
March 11th, 2009, 11:56
Watch this space...:ernae:

Yo... Mike... How long do I have to watch this space ??:173go1:

OleBoy
March 11th, 2009, 12:35
Tent's pitched.
....Coolers full O beer.
.........Fire in the fire pit.
.............Kelbosi cookin on the grill.
and some good ole jazz on the box.

My kinda campin:ernae:

Almost like it was planned to happen.

Hi Kevin. Glad to meet ya :wavey:

mustang51
March 11th, 2009, 12:35
Owned a real 7AC some time back, many hours of fun. In the winter she had skies, landing in 6 to 8 inches of powder snow is like landing on a feather bed. Summer time, sun just coming up, the dew is still on the grass runway. Your by yourself and the door is off you make a low 180 turn and fly back along side the runway and see the tracks you made.
I need to ask this question of all you Champ Camp people. Why did they take a very fine airplane and ruin it with a nose gear??? Why are so many scared of a taildragger? OH well to each it's own.
Bob

rdaniell
March 11th, 2009, 12:39
Well! Looks like the "ole" boys in the camp have just been sleeping and waiting for a prod....

:gossip:I want to share one of my recent accomplishments with this august group. Yesterday, I soled my 1/8 scale radio controlled "Champ." The model is a real winner with a 55 inch wingspan. Excuse the pun but, it flies like a "Champ." :woot:You really have to stay on the rudder .

Anyway, I've got to go meet with a friend and do a little RCing...

Randy :sleep:

pointy31
March 11th, 2009, 12:47
Owned a real 7AC some time back, many hours of fun. In the winter she had skies, landing in 6 to 8 inches of powder snow is like landing on a feather bed. Summer time, sun just coming up, the dew is still on the grass runway. Your by yourself and the door is off you make a low 180 turn and fly back along side the runway and see the tracks you made.
I need to ask this question of all you Champ Camp people. Why did they take a very fine airplane and ruin it with a nose gear??? Why are so many scared of a taildragger? OH well to each it's own.
Bob

Bob, I think they did that so we little short guys could see over the nose...:kilroy:

mustang51
March 11th, 2009, 12:53
pointy....you could sit on a few pillows or a phone book or two :jump:

LilSki
March 11th, 2009, 13:26
you think that is bad take a look at this thing. And no I won't be doing a variant of this. Just too oogly for me!

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/PRPhotos/Aeronca.jpg

And no the "BIRD" isn't done unfortunetly. Trying to find someone who will finish the body work and paint it around here. Nobody wants to touch any kind of resto work.

pointy31
March 11th, 2009, 13:38
pointy....you could sit on a few pillows or a phone book or two :jump:

I do that to fly this here simulator...unfortunately, I live in a small town and the phone books aren't very thick...:costumes:

mustang51
March 11th, 2009, 14:10
One last thing pointy....if when sitting on the pillows you can't reach the rudder pedals....now this may be kind of hard to solve....you need to get something between you and the seat back. A small girl friend works.
Should tell about the time I gave a young girl a ride who had a skirt on. You know, about how, the stick must come all the way back at times. She said no problem, even got a big hug after we landed. Guess I did tell about it.
LilSki....saw one of those once...if you have trouble keeping a taildragger lined up....this thing must have been a bear on takeoff and landing.
Bob

mustang51
March 11th, 2009, 14:13
Have to share this one more time....ain't she pretty.

OleBoy
March 11th, 2009, 15:11
you think that is bad take a look at this thing. And no I won't be doing a variant of this. Just too oogly for me!

I saw that. Funny lookin with the third le,:whistle: I mean wheel in the belly like that. I'd bet it could be a handful turnin too quickly and floppin over to the wing tip in the wind.

pointy31
March 11th, 2009, 15:22
I read somewhere that 19 were built, most were later converted to tailwheel config...:monkies:

NRM
March 11th, 2009, 15:35

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/PRPhotos/Aeronca.jpg

And no the "BIRD" isn't done unfortunetly. Trying to find someone who will finish the body work and paint it around here. Nobody wants to touch any kind of resto work.

Now that is very different, the Tri Champ looks better than that!

pointy31
March 11th, 2009, 16:42
Have to share this one more time....ain't she pretty.

A lot of Sedans were fitted with floats...:wiggle:

OleBoy
March 11th, 2009, 17:05
The float versions were real lookers in the real world, but fsim is lacking something in the water effects category. Speaking FS2004 only of course. I'm sure the FSx'ers will disagree.

Sorry, but float craft are lacking realism across the whole spectrum in the flight simulator

Cazzie
March 11th, 2009, 17:57
Bravo, LilSki returns!:applause::applause::applause:

Pointy31's already fermenting the okra mash for that special Cajun K-A and bribing me with wanton emails and curious goings-on. :woot:

Caz

pointy31
March 11th, 2009, 18:00
Bravo, LilSki returns!:applause::applause::applause:

Pointy31's already fermenting the okra mash for that special Cajun K-A and bribing me with wanton emails and curious goings-on. :woot:

Caz
Caz, you said you wouldn't tell...shame on you...:gossip:

Drzook
March 11th, 2009, 19:46
Good to see the Champ Camp is back! Good to hear from you again LilSki!:welcome:

fseigler
June 21st, 2009, 20:16
I just found this thread from March. Has the Tri-Champ been released yet?

Cazzie
June 22nd, 2009, 03:54
Most of us old codgers learned how to fly and got our solo in a Champ, hence the Champ Camp. LilSki and now Stiz have open doors for us we never thought would be opened in Flight Sims.

Pointy, you won't do! LOL Town I come from is so small, the mice are stump shouldered!

Caz

pointy31
June 22nd, 2009, 04:24
The town I live in is so small that we hafta take turns being the town drunk...:icon29:

modelr
June 22nd, 2009, 05:10
Well! Looks like the "ole" boys in the camp have just been sleeping and waiting for a prod....

:gossip:I want to share one of my recent accomplishments with this august group. Yesterday, I soled my 1/8 scale radio controlled "Champ." The model is a real winner with a 55 inch wingspan. Excuse the pun but, it flies like a "Champ." :woot:You really have to stay on the rudder .

Anyway, I've got to go meet with a friend and do a little RCing...

Randy :sleep:

Ahh, yes. I had a 1/4 scale 9' Wing span Champ a long time ago. Had a .90 4-stroke on it, (scale 85hp.) Flew very nice. LOTS of rudder needed.

Congrats on the solo.

Patiently waiting on the updates, Kevin. The Lilski hanger still has plenty of room in it.

Cazzie
June 22nd, 2009, 06:29
Fine lookin' Hawk ya got there modelr! :ernae:

Caz

modelr
June 22nd, 2009, 18:18
Fine lookin' Hawk ya got there modelr! :ernae:

Caz

Thanks, Electric, flies like a big trainer, very honest.

Go here to see build/flight log http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566585&page=6

Near bottom of page.

rdaniell
June 24th, 2009, 04:18
Ahh, yes. I had a 1/4 scale 9' Wing span Champ a long time ago. Had a .90 4-stroke on it, (scale 85hp.) Flew very nice. LOTS of rudder needed.

Congrats on the solo. .

Hobby Lobby had a 1/4 scale Champ at the Southeastern Electric Flight Fling (SEFF) last month. I was there two days but never did get to see it fly. My 1/8 scale had a design flaw which resulted in uncontrolled spins to the left at low speed. I got behind the curve once too often and destroyed my champ.....

I'm currently flying E-Flight's T-34 Mentor. Both my son and I have soloed it and have several flights now.

Good to see a fellow RCer here at the Outhouse.

I'm supposed to pick up a 1/7 scale Tiger Moth tomorrow.

Randy

n147yt
June 24th, 2009, 04:20
:wavey:

I just found this thread from March. Has the Tri-Champ been released yet?

:bump:Has the Tri-Champ been released yet? :bump:

:kilroy:

PilatusTurbo
June 24th, 2009, 06:20
Well, now, I wouldn't miss this for the world! :d :ernae: I'm back, and I'm gonna get me ol' taildragger Champ re-installed, again (just went through a nasty OS reinstall/rebuild kinda thing).

Oleboy, I gotta have the Aeronca in your avatar, is that for FS? If so, where? :jump:

Glad to see the camp's always been alive and in the waiting. :ernae:

srgalahad
June 24th, 2009, 08:25
Oleboy, I gotta have the Aeronca in your avatar, is that for FS? If so, where? :jump:
Glad to see the camp's always been alive and in the waiting. :ernae:

PT, that's Steven Myers' Aeronca K
http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=69960

Leon Louis repaints:
http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=69959

Optional VC setup:
http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=102524

I don't know if that's an OleBoy repaint but it's not posted at SOH.
It flies wonderfully, if slow, and a great addition to the Champ Camp

Rob

PS: I see I have a panel/sound/air/cfg addon by Mark Lee but I can't find it on FlightSim so I don't know where I got it...