PDA

View Full Version : At Last The Ultimate L188 Electra Panel!

casey jones
March 4th, 2009, 08:38
I have as many Lockheed Electras L188s I can find for FS9, the best is Mr Stones which come in differant logos...I fly the Eastern Airlines and the American Airlines VA Electra mostly, I needed a good panel for the L188, so I began my journey for the best L188 panel for FS9, some of the L188 panels did not even have a fuel gauge! I could not belive it the real L188s have fuel gauges monitored by the flight engineer!, then I came across others that the fuel gauges were so small I got my manifing glass out so I could read the full or empty status...But! the I saw Mr Chris Buff's L188 with a panel...this to me is the ultimate L188 panel!!!, it has everything including a large fuel read out, I flew my Eastern L188 from Syracuse NY to Laquadia NY useing this panel...a very comfortable flight all the way with the L188 engine sounds...this is for me, the L188 was a great plane I think...it can land in small airports that jets cannot..it has a very good range and I have made flights from Newwark with stops at small airports in ohio, indianna, illinos, and into Minneapolis. I highly recommend Mr Chris Buff's L188 Panel and L188 airplane.

Cheers

Casey:applause:

Helldiver
March 4th, 2009, 09:11
I can remember flying the Boston to New York shuttle every single day for two years in Easten Airlines Electras. It used to be $50 bucks and you could pay the stewardess. There was a number of us that would take the same flight every day. You talk about a long commute.

fnkybnch
March 4th, 2009, 11:00
Hi Casey!

I agree. Chris Buff's Electra is great!

If you want a challenge for the Electra, get Bill Schulz's Reeve Aleutian Airways textures, then start at Anchorage (PANC). Now download the REAL WEATHER! Now fly out the Aleutian Island chain to one of the following: Cold Bay (PACD), Adak (PADK), Dutch Harbor (PADU), or Sand Point (PASD).

The Aleutian weather is some of the worst in the world, and the approaches to PADU and PASD are very challenging!