PDA

View Full Version : PMDG DC-6 this friday

ega
June 16th, 2021, 01:01
Robert just posted at PMDG forum that the MSFS DC-6 will be available this Friday from www.pmdg.com!

Read Robert´s post here:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/129736-16jun21-pmdg-dc-6-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-release-date-announcement

------
ega

cavaricooper
June 16th, 2021, 01:59
https://i.imgur.com/IfugxRV.jpgShe’s really on Final now...

ColoKent
June 16th, 2021, 02:36
"Robert just posted at PMDG forum that the MSFS DC-6 will be available this Friday...."

This will be an ABSOLUTE no-brainer purchase (for me).

Hopefully the wizards at PMDG have determined a way around Asobo's utterly crappy, and barely usable MSFS flight model. Can't wait.
Kent

jankees
June 16th, 2021, 05:14
aargh, and me being on a trip till sunday...

cavaricooper
June 16th, 2021, 05:29
aargh, and me being on a trip till sunday...I will wait for you with bated breath Jam Kees!C

Alan_A
June 16th, 2021, 09:46
aargh, and me being on a trip till sunday...

That would've been me last weekend.

We'll get her warmed up for you...

Bomber_12th
June 16th, 2021, 10:04
Looking forward to it! I never got around to acquiring it for FSX/P3D, so it will be a completely new experience for me. I've been really enjoying all of the screenshots you've shared, Cavaricooper!

cavaricooper
June 16th, 2021, 11:51
John-I always appreciate your superb framing and technique- so your compliment is hugely appreciated.Ta mate!Carl

Javis
June 16th, 2021, 14:37
Sigh of relief..... :tickled_pink:

About time too ! I was on the virge of a nervous breakdown what with the plethora of amazing screenshots to digest ( that's on you, Carl ! ;-). Look but don't touch and all that. "Who's that lady" by the Isley Brothers in my head:

Who's that lady? Who's that lady?
Sexy lady, who's that lady?
Beautiful lady, who's that lady?
Real fine lady, who's that lady?

Hear me callin' out to you
'Cause that's all that I can do
Your eyes tell me to pursue
But you say, look yeah
But don't touch, baby,
No, no, no, don't touch

Well, coming friday NO MORE ! I shall be all over that Lady ! Make her growl, breath fire, drip oil, belch smoke and what not. And together we'll touch virtual Heaven as ever there was ! :triumphant:

Friday the 18th of June, 2021 !

That date will go down into the book of Flight Simulation as the Historical Day of the arrival of the PMDG MSFS Douglas DC-6A and -B. An event that changed The World of Flight Simulation forever ! (i might be going a bit over the top here but that's what you get after having been exposed to the above mentioned plethora of gorgeous screenshots for so long..)

Btw, talking about that, Carl, this one nearly killed me :

https://i.ibb.co/f2rRthJ/zSTSDcL.jpg

No worries, i survived, but only just ! :eek:
Bring on Friday the 18th !! :ernaehrung004:

heywooood
June 16th, 2021, 14:46
That Looks Pretty

robcap
June 16th, 2021, 16:08
Sigh of relief..... :tickled_pink:

About time too ! I was on the virge of a nervous breakdown what with the plethora of amazing screenshots to digest ( that's on you, Carl ! ;-). Look but don't touch and all that. "Who's that lady" by the Isley Brothers in my head:

Who's that lady? Who's that lady?
Sexy lady, who's that lady?
Beautiful lady, who's that lady?
Real fine lady, who's that lady?

Hear me callin' out to you
'Cause that's all that I can do
Your eyes tell me to pursue
But you say, look yeah
But don't touch, baby,
No, no, no, don't touch

Well, coming friday NO MORE ! I shall be all over that Lady ! Make her growl, breath fire, drip oil, belch smoke and what not. And together we'll touch virtual Heaven as ever there was ! :triumphant:

Friday the 18th of June, 2021 !

That date will go down into the book of Flight Simulation as the Historical Day of the arrival of the PMDG MSFS Douglas DC-6A and -B. An event that changed The World of Flight Simulation forever ! (i might be going a bit over the top here but that's what you get after having been exposed to the above mentioned plethora of gorgeous screenshots for so long..)

Btw, talking about that, Carl, this one nearly killed me :

https://i.ibb.co/f2rRthJ/zSTSDcL.jpg

No worries, i survived, but only just ! :eek:
Bring on Friday the 18th !! :ernaehrung004:

Jan, you are the best!😂

DennyA
June 16th, 2021, 19:46
I'm so looking forward to flying this.

Also getting the popcorn ready for all of the folks who take more pleasure in proving their rivet counting skills than in actually flying sims as they try to find things to nitpick, given the amazing level of detail in the tutorials.

Once I have this and AH's DC-3, I'm gonna be good until someone does a 727 and P-38. :)

cavaricooper
June 17th, 2021, 02:35
Jan- I’m like a kid in a candy store, with my nose pressed to the glass case front.... let’s chat after you’ve spent a few hours with her. I look forward to your thoughts.C

Bomber_12th
June 17th, 2021, 06:06
Also getting the popcorn ready for all of the folks who take more pleasure in proving their rivet counting skills than in actually flying sims as they try to find things to nitpick, given the amazing level of detail in the tutorials.

As with all of the flight sim companies I most respect, PMDG themselves are the rivet counters in this scenario, so no one else need bother. You can see it in every aspect of their work. You can tell they have a vested interest/passion for the aircraft they do, and for doing things right.

dvj
June 17th, 2021, 06:07
Something is telling me this will not be a $14.95 purchase.

Tom Clayton
June 17th, 2021, 06:22
Their DC-6 for other platforms have been priced in the $70 (US) range. I doubt that will change here.

Mr.Mugel
June 17th, 2021, 08:51

At least x4 because of 4 engines 😉

Will get this one tomorrow even though I wanted to do the first flight with a yoke. Can't wait for that now now though.

Curiuos as to how the system modelling will affect performance. Running an older CPU that might become a bottleneck at some point.

Really looking forward to firing up this machine!

cavaricooper
June 17th, 2021, 09:05
Everything you see from me has been with a 6700K and 1080Ti. I’m a happy camper.

Mr.Mugel
June 17th, 2021, 09:06
That is good news, thanks!

ce_zeta
June 17th, 2021, 23:09
Their DC-6 for other platforms have been priced in the $70 (US) range. I doubt that will change here.
Me too but they said looong time ago, when they moved to P3D, that the huge price increase was due to the P3D commercial and training licenses. P3D was not a game! Well MSFS is a game...We will see if they are coherent or not. I doubt it but...

FlameOut
June 18th, 2021, 02:21
that the huge price increase was due to the P3D commercial and training licenses. P3D was not a game! Well MSFS is a game...

Excellent point ! Let's see what they do.

cavaricooper
June 18th, 2021, 02:37
Jan-

Your chariot awaits mate... sitting at Rotterdam just for you :)

https://i.imgur.com/ZbUgm2y.jpg

... and for those L O N G Scandi Atlantic crossings...

https://i.imgur.com/5jws7aV.jpg

Javis
June 18th, 2021, 04:11
Ok, Carl, now you've done it ! I'm dead and gone to virtual Heaven !

Oh, wait ! I think i already did that... Now what.....

I know ! Bring on that DC-6 package !!! Nothing yet...... 14:00 hours here in Holland, guess must be around 8:00 at the PMDG hangar.... Wakey, wakey boys !!! I am rattling at your door!!! Money in ze pocket !! :loyal: :bump: :loyal:

Thanks for the KLM preview, Carl, absolutely gorgeous !! :biggrin-new: Does it come with the package you think ?

Waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing, waiting, refreshing................

I feel like a six year old birthday boy waiting for his present... :birthday:

cavaricooper
June 18th, 2021, 04:18
Jan-

I am not part of PMDG, I just beta test for them- the money in my pocket works out to about 1/8 cent per hour towards the cost of the aeroplane... that's not an incentive ;)

Yes, ALL the liveries I have featured (and more) come with the Operations Center 2 Livery Installer. Once you install the DC-6 it will create a shortcut on your desktop to the OC2. You can then add liveries to your heart's content. As soon as she debuts, there will be an opportunity for our SOH talent to bring out their brushes and I for one cannot wait to see her in the splendor of MSFS. The new materials and textures really bring LIFE to this aeroplane (amongst the 10,000 other improvements).

Looking forward to the community's reaction- I particularly value SOH immensely.

C

Javis
June 18th, 2021, 04:57
Jan-

I am not part of PMDG, I just beta test for them- the money in my pocket works out to about 1/8 cent per hour towards the cost of the aeroplane... that's not an incentive ;)

Yes, ALL the liveries I have featured (and more) come with the Operations Center 2 Livery Installer.

Wonderful ! Thanks! :wink:

Once you install the DC-6 it will create a shortcut on your desktop to the OC2. You can then add liveries to your heart's content. As soon as she debuts, there will be an opportunity for our SOH talent to bring out their brushes and I for one cannot wait to see her in the splendor of MSFS. The new materials and textures really bring LIFE to this aeroplane (amongst the 10,000 other improvements).

I can easily imagine and hoping to, within an hour or two, finally see for myself ! I'm sure my socks will be knocked off ! :cheerful:

Looking forward to the community's reaction- I particularly value SOH immensely. C

Actually i'm a little surprised about the, sort of, more or less, unsubstantial reaction here at SOH about the imminent release of the PMDG DC-6... Atleast compared to Avsim that shows 12 pages and counting about the release by now. We're still at page 1 here... Particularly also because avsim's clientele is not really known for its unsurpassed enthusiasm for vintage aircraft where'as we here at SOH do love the ol' bird or two very much. Atleast that has always been my understanding....

Still, interesting fact. Maybe it's like much more avsimmers said goodbye to FSX/P3D in favor of MSFS... :rolleyes:

cavaricooper
June 18th, 2021, 05:10
My last pre-release image Jan... something tells me she's about to L A N D!

https://i.imgur.com/zpSEaWi.jpg

For all our SOH community aficionados here- I look forward to your commentary. I have always valued the talent and altruistic nature of this group, and appreciate you all.

C

modelr
June 18th, 2021, 05:14
Just sitting here on the sideline, watching. Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Javis
June 18th, 2021, 05:17
Jan, you are the best!

Mmoaw.. i wouldn't say that, Rob, but thanks mate :teapot:

Soooo, did you dust off your DC-6 Captains' uniform already ? Mine's ready to go ! :biggrin-new:

Javis
June 18th, 2021, 05:21
https://i.imgur.com/zpSEaWi.jpg

SCREEEEEEEEECHHHHHHH...... So i guess no tire smoke then, huh....

scotth6
June 18th, 2021, 05:36
I never bought the DC-6 for P3D or X-Plane, but for some reason I am really itching to get this new offering from PMDG in MSFS. I do really like the plane IRL, and I think it's probably just about having a study level classic to play with in the new sim. I am even checking the store every hour. :biggrin-new:

Priller
June 18th, 2021, 05:54
I never bought the DC-6 for P3D or X-Plane, but for some reason I am really itching to get this new offering from PMDG in MSFS. I do really like the plane IRL, and I think it's probably just about having a study level classic to play with in the new sim. I am even checking the store every hour. :biggrin-new:

Won't it be released from their site? Or another vendor?

Priller

scotth6
June 18th, 2021, 05:55
Won't it be released from their site? Or another vendor?

Priller

Yeah, I am checking the PMDG store/website I mean.

robcap
June 18th, 2021, 05:58
Soooo, did you dust off your DC-6 Captains' uniform already ? Mine's ready to go ! :biggrin-new:
I'm afraid I'm only a newbie on the DC6. Slightly more complicated than a DC2😉.
My uniform only has one stripe.
I'm pressing refresh all day today, to see if I can drain my cc.
The world update installed ok, so I'm ready for a flight to Reykjavik.

Priller
June 18th, 2021, 06:02
Yeah, I am checking the PMDG store/website I mean.

Thanks! That's a relief!

Priller

Tom Clayton
June 18th, 2021, 06:14
1415 GMT and no announcement yet...

Priller
June 18th, 2021, 07:10
They're working on the security! :biggrin-new:

Priller

Browncoat
June 18th, 2021, 09:44
The “price” has been released by PMDG. :biggrin-new:

Well played. *golf-clap*

banjoman1960
June 18th, 2021, 09:46
.......................:pop4:..............:applau se:

Mr.Mugel
June 18th, 2021, 10:10
I am rethinking my "price doesn't really matter, will buy it anyway" opinion...

Priller
June 18th, 2021, 11:06
It's released. For 54.99$

https://pmdg.com/pmdg-dc-6-for-msfs/

Priller

modelr
June 18th, 2021, 11:07
Waiting for my download email now, as I type! $54.99 USD

Downloading now!

Will be a while before I get to try it out, darn it!

MrZippy
June 18th, 2021, 11:07
Yep, Cheap!

cavaricooper
June 18th, 2021, 11:10
https://pmdg.com/pmdg-dc-6-for-msfs/

SHE'S OUT!

banjoman1960
June 18th, 2021, 11:16
can not download......................
it does loop

cavaricooper
June 18th, 2021, 11:29
I just downloaded to have the same RTM as the customer base- no issue. PMDG uses AWS... the problem is seldom at their end.

Postbaer61
June 18th, 2021, 11:34
Wow, that was fast 15min from buying to flying
and a great price too. :jump::jump::jump:

banjoman1960
June 18th, 2021, 11:48
no way to download.................request download code again and again. openen only a new browser window.

i try on 3 browser,it does not wok!!!no addblock on 2 of them

banjoman1960
June 18th, 2021, 11:59
i get it,after 30minutes veryfi,wat a bad system..................

cavaricooper
June 18th, 2021, 12:02
I'm glad you're sorted- relax and ENJOY!

ce_zeta
June 18th, 2021, 12:17
Hats off to PMDG. A Fair price!

I got the same problem, after the verification code the download doesn´t start. We will see!

Javis
June 18th, 2021, 12:23
GOT IT !!! :jump: :applause: :wiggle: :ernaehrung004:

Have no words yet. Just installed with all liveries. First there's still the 5 Gig World Update to install.

By the way this PMDG masterpiece is downloaded, registered, installed and presented i can already see what a class act this is.

Sorry to read that it doesn't have to be this way always.... ( i have ultrafast internet and bought MSFS via Steam)

Good luck gents !

ce_zeta
June 18th, 2021, 12:25
Downloading!!! :jump:

robcap
June 18th, 2021, 12:43
First there's still the 5 Gig World Update to install.
Bad planning, Jan😂👍🏻
But I'm sure you will enjoy it in a minute.
Got mine downloaded as well. Loading a flight on the ramp at EHAM.

Dimus
June 18th, 2021, 12:43
So what does one do after buying? Wait for a download link to be emailed? Nothing yet after more than 30'. Account in site says that the order is completed but nothing more, no link there. If it is just to wait more I don't mind, just to know how it works.

Dangerous Beans
June 18th, 2021, 12:53
I wasn't originally planning to get this but I couldn't resist.

I haven't attempted to fly it yet but I have had a good look at it in Sim.

First off in the hanger the views seem to flip about all over the place often pointing down through the floor of the hanger instead of focusing on the plane.
I also can't click the button to manually pan around the external view.

I then loaded on to the runway and put on my Oculus Rift for a good look round the cockpit, gauges and stuff look really nice, maybe a little too nice, it needs a bit of wear and tear. I'm sure the paint gurus can fix that though.

Then I noticed that the sound deadening and all the details on them are just flat textures, very early FSXish.
I'm a bit disappointed in that, I thought we'd progressed past that stage.

Mr.Mugel
June 18th, 2021, 13:09
Download and order went fine for me, price was lower than what I expected, seems to be quite fair. Everything is installed and ready as it seems. Quick look at the manual as this is my first PMDG product and than I should be ready to head out!

Javis
June 18th, 2021, 13:15
@ Dimus : Yes, you should get an email with license code and download link, Dimus. Got mine almost instantly.

@ Robcap : Yes, Rob, i'm at EHAM too, East, in front of the DDA hangar where we spend a few glorious hours for real in the cockpit of PH-DDS, remember ?

I really have no words to say yet, completely gobsmacked, knocked of my socks and rocker, hard to believe this is 'real' and i'm not dreaming. For me this got to be the most beautiful, wonderous and exiting collection of pixels i have ever, ever seen unfolding before my still unbelieving eyes... :dizzy:

Say, Rob, don't you have a bit of reading to do first before opening up them throttles ??... I mean, i even have no clue yet how to unlock the controls... :D

I am going to need atleast a whole day to re-familiarize myself with this "It just can't get any better" flightsimming extravaganza ! I do remember the PMDG DC-6 from FSX of course but this is a whole new ball game ! While reading the manuals and re-watching the video tuts i'll take a few more flying lessons in my beloved Stearman.

Cheers, :ernaehrung004:
Captain Visser Esquire

Javis
June 18th, 2021, 13:28
I'm getting a bad name here.... :dejection:

" Hey!! Flying Dutchboy !! Get that rusty old crate off of my runway !! This is no playground ! Professionals only here !!" :violent-smiley-031:

https://i.ibb.co/3s3wNcM/badname.jpg

banjoman1960
June 18th, 2021, 13:49
now i get ctd when i use this plane.........this is very disapointing.......

Seahawk72s
June 18th, 2021, 14:29
Spectacular looking..!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhVPwcTOosg

robcap
June 18th, 2021, 14:32
Hey Jan,
I did a quick circuit, more luck than knowledge.
Now I will go read the manuals and the check the videos.
Yeah, happy days at the DDA.
And didn't we get to spend time in the Aviodrome Connie later?
So, back to the books and tomorrow a new attempt to do it right.
Cheers, Rob

Mr.Mugel
June 18th, 2021, 15:59
My flight went quite well with some minor issues. I coulnd't request a landing at Daytona Tower, so I had to land unannounced. I don't know if there is a possibility to go from Cruise back to Climb Power with the AFE? As I descended to take a quick peek at Cape Caneveral and wanted to ascend again I did it slowly in Cruise mode. No big issue anyway as I'd set it up myself, but I didn't really bother to learn all the numbers as I wanted to make the AFE earn his money ;) All in all this is hard to describe. Starting the engines was nice, tried it with too little primer at first, but as everything else looked good, I added some more fuel and those big radials came to life, purring like a kitten. As said before, I lined it up on the long grass runway at Fantasy of Flight, gave the AFE the go word and thundered down the grass. A very gentle pull on the yoke to make it fly, a slightly bigger pull to clear those power lines. Slow turn around and a low pass over the runway and the museum. The sound of it all and the heavy feeling of the aircraft are done incredibly. The visuals are a pure work of art, no other word really fits here. Than slow climb over to the cape, a circle around the assembly building, checking out what they have on the launch pads. Back to climb, following GPS towards Daytona. Everything fit again more or less with a wide approach over the ocean. Power setting on manual for the final I had to find the right power for the glide in. Came in a bit low at first, but it responded nicely to my corrections. Greased it down on the runway just behind the numbers. Maybe a bit more flaps would have been nice, but with the long runway at Daytone Intl. it was quite okay on 20°. Might be a good idea to hit the books and get some more information for manual operation. Also to understand how all the system work out in the background of course. I'd carefully say that this is worth every penny (maybe even twice over) if you like those vintage propliners with some system background.

StormILM
June 18th, 2021, 16:28
I really loved my version from P3Dv4 but they hit this version out of the ballpark! This model shows that high end models shine in FS2020 which IMO solidifies the Sim as the ultimate version up to now. I can't wait for the 737NG3 to come out which I understand isn't too far off. Until then, this beauty is going to keep me very happy!

dvj
June 18th, 2021, 17:08
One of the easiest flying aircraft in MSFS so far. Was expecting more ground effect upon landing and some tire screech. Now for some reading. https://i.imgur.com/BRWalT9.jpg

Bomber_12th
June 18th, 2021, 17:20
Consider me thoroughly impressed! I just completed a very nice hour-long flight around the Twin Cities this evening, taking off from St. Paul Downtown/Holman Field and eventually landing at Flying Cloud. I decided I would do a full cold start-up on this first flight as well.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51256826509_e5102742e5_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6oCL6)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51256278183_0f90093e7c_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6kPLc)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51256825949_94be075c93_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6oCAr)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51256077936_a6477eeac3_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6jNeE)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51257121260_886c47646a_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6q9o1)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51256277443_cd2d21ea3a_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6kPxr)

cavaricooper
June 18th, 2021, 18:16
I am so glad that our esteemed colleagues seem to be enjoying her. This collection of antique aircraft enthusiasts is near and dear to my heart, and to know that most of you are impressed does me good. I’ve been working with PMDG since the MD-11 and this release is very special to me.Now, we just need the artists to grab their brushes...Best- C

cavaricooper
June 18th, 2021, 18:21
John-I hope you noticed the start has been tweaked to be correct-Electric Power (Pref. GP) EstablishedLights & BeltsBeaconInverters x 3Generators x 4Start Switch to 3Main Fuel Pump 3 on lowFuel Pressure verifiedCrank 3At 9 blades Mags to bothIgnition BoostPrimeEngine catchesMixture to Auto Lean and then Auto RichStart Switch to 4... and so on.

Fnerg
June 18th, 2021, 19:09
So what does one do after buying? Wait for a download link to be emailed? Nothing yet after more than 30'. Account in site says that the order is completed but nothing more, no link there. If it is just to wait more I don't mind, just to know how it works.

I hear ya. Being Canadian, don't know if that has to do with the delayed download ( CAD-US conversion, new account confirm etc.) Confirmed purchase, codes sent. I am anxiously waiting for the download too. :jump:

Dimus
June 18th, 2021, 21:27
Got the email one hour after purchase. Now to find time to appreciate this classic (and classy) beauty.

banjoman1960
June 18th, 2021, 22:12
i have to uninstall it,i get CTD even when MP is off...........

keithb77
June 19th, 2021, 02:15
No CTDs for me so far :)
First flight just kicked the tyres and went for it .... hmmm, low power on centre engines, control response dubious but at least we're up...for a while, can only steer with rudder, watch those tre...
Gust locks were on :banghead:

Start again, all OK for a few circuits then I blew an engine so did a few 3-engine landings...better go read the manuals :)

Spook48
June 19th, 2021, 02:34
Whatever i do , i can't seem to light-up the no2 engine :dizzy:

mgr
June 19th, 2021, 02:47
Pffff, first local flight, little stress wanted to understand the "Gyro-pilot"... still some studing to do, to dare to operate this on VATSIM.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/808336105702948905/855757843704840222/unknown.png

Marcel

PS
Is there somewhere a description, what is different modelled between the DC-6A, DC-6B? (Understand that the DC-6B has a passenger and cargo version)

cavaricooper
June 19th, 2021, 03:42
https://i.imgur.com/QuztjAf.jpg

Mr.Mugel
June 19th, 2021, 03:48
I can really support that comment about opening the windows and cranking up the sound. My Arctis Pro Wireless headset in Atmos mode was very convincing. Startup was really good, but when the AFE opened up the throttles on the runway there was a BIG smile on my face!

cavaricooper
June 19th, 2021, 04:56
:)

The open windows are for the start. You won't need them open to smile at 50" or greater.

modelr
June 19th, 2021, 05:13
Where are the additional liveries and the manual? Instructions say in "Operations Center" but mine opens to a blank black page. Nothing available , no liveries or manual in file folder.

banjoman1960
June 19th, 2021, 05:24
to bad to see all this nice Pictures and i can not use my DC6:banghead:

get no Refund,and at moment no fix..............so i have to wait for someone to fix it.....

if it work for you,have fun:wavey:

Bomber_12th
June 19th, 2021, 05:33
John-I hope you noticed the start has been tweaked to be correct-Electric Power (Pref. GP) EstablishedLights & BeltsBeaconInverters x 3Generators x 4Start Switch to 3Main Fuel Pump 3 on lowFuel Pressure verifiedCrank 3At 9 blades Mags to bothIgnition BoostPrimeEngine catchesMixture to Auto Lean and then Auto RichStart Switch to 4... and so on.

Yeah, I spent a half an hour reviewing some of the tutorial videos again, before I ever "stepped foot in" the sim, which definitely helped. I have to say that everything went perfectly well on my first attempt at starting the engines and the whole first flight. The only thing that went slightly awry was that when I thought I was turning on the wingtip position lights, I actually turned on the wing illumination lights (two very different things), but I "solved" that once I was in the air and noticed what I had done wrong.

For anyone who has trouble starting an engine:

- Make sure the fuel pressure gauges are reading that you have fuel pressure going to that engine (fuel booster pump on low and mixture Auto Lean).
- Make sure the ignition switch is turned to both.
- If you have electrical power on, but the prop doesn't turn when you press the starter switch, it will most likely be because the Engine Selector switch isn't pointing to that engine.

If none of this works, then check the maintenance log for any mechanical problems.

cavaricooper
June 19th, 2021, 06:00
to bad to see all this nice Pictures and i can not use my DC6:banghead:

get no Refund,and at moment no fix..............so i have to wait for someone to fix it.....

if it work for you,have fun:wavey:

Banjoman-

You have been frustrated from the very beginning I'm sorry. Please go for a walk, have a beer, whatever.

Later let's try the following. UNINSTALL THE DC-6

EMPTY your community folder of EVERYTHING.

For now just COPY it to your desktop- then delete the folder

Start MSFS- it will make you a new one

Fly a default aircraft to make sure all your control mappings are correct

Exit MSFS

Download and install the DC-6 (remember whatever you did to stop blocking the pop-ups)

Start MSFS

Select the DC-6 and fly

DOES IT WORK?

If so you can add back your addons- ONE AT A TIME to figure out what's crashing your sim.

Use the EXCELLENT Addon program by @Bad_T available at https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker. Then with ONE click you can have an empty Community folder.

When you fly enable only the addons you need, in the areas you need (1 or 2 clicks with the PRESET function) and enjoy. You won't need to knit a sweater whilst waiting for MSFS to load.

When we get the next SIM update- ONE click disables ALL your addons and leaves you with an empty Community folder.

Brilliant Mod.

HTH- don't forget to decompress FIRST.

C

banjoman1960
June 19th, 2021, 06:32
Banjoman-

You have been frustrated from the very beginning I'm sorry. Please go for a walk, have a beer, whatever.

Later let's try the following. UNINSTALL THE DC-6

EMPTY your community folder of EVERYTHING.

For now just COPY it to your desktop- then delete the folder

Start MSFS- it will make you a new one

Fly a default aircraft to make sure all your control mappings are correct

Exit MSFS

Download and install the DC-6 (remember whatever you did to stop blocking the pop-ups)

Start MSFS

Select the DC-6 and fly

DOES IT WORK?

If so you can add back your addons- ONE AT A TIME to figure out what's crashing your sim.

Use the EXCELLENT Addon program by @Bad_T available at https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker. Then with ONE click you can have an empty Community folder.

When you fly enable only the addons you need, in the areas you need (1 or 2 clicks with the PRESET function) and enjoy. You won't need to knit a sweater whilst waiting for MSFS to load.

When we get the next SIM update- ONE click disables ALL your addons and leaves you with an empty Community folder.

Brilliant Mod.

HTH- don't forget to decompress FIRST.

C

i sit here over 6 hour´s now and try to fix this via support .

try every think they say,post pictures,install Driver and wait for the next answer wat maybee get that fixed........
DOES IT WORK? Sorry,no.........
glad it work for the most here, so have Fun! more Beer is not good.......but i have a break now....

dvj
June 19th, 2021, 07:13
https://i.imgur.com/QuztjAf.jpg

Just like starting my Lotus on a cold winter morning. ;-)

cavaricooper
June 19th, 2021, 07:32
Just like starting my Lotus on a cold winter morning. ;-)

Classic! Thanks, I needed that.

C

DennyA
June 19th, 2021, 07:45
From what I’ve read, multiplayer is causing some of the CTDs. If you are getting them, try turning off multiplayer in settings for now.

jankees
June 19th, 2021, 09:32
so what do I do if the download won't start after I used the verification code?

mgr
June 19th, 2021, 09:35

Check our your brower allows pop-ups. Took me a few seconds to noticed Firefox gave a warning that the site wanted to start a pop-up (to supply the download link).

Marcel

banjoman1960
June 19th, 2021, 09:45

:wavey:use edg for this..........

jankees
June 19th, 2021, 09:45
Check our your brower allows pop-ups. Took me a few seconds to noticed Firefox gave a warning that the site wanted to start a pop-up (to supply the download link).

Marcel

I checked, and gave PMDG an exception

ah, I submitted a ticket with PMDG and suddenly it works....go figure, only took 9 attempts

Fnerg
June 19th, 2021, 10:05
I checked, and gave PMDG an exception

ah, I submitted a ticket with PMDG and suddenly it works....go figure, only took 9 attempts

Same here, I had to go to bed so I checked this morning, still nothing until I hit "resend code" about 4 times, then I got the download. Problem with the install is that it installs on the C: drive without options of putting it elsewhere. I use the Addon Linker so nothing but shortcuts in my Community folder to an outside folder. I cut and pasted the main folder into my Addons Library and immediately " error reading .json file" so, I might have to do a bit of manual redirecting after work today...

UnknownGuest12
June 19th, 2021, 10:25
Ok, I have MSFS installed in my 2 pc (second residence) via my Microsoft account, bought it in store. No problems installing my only two purchases Mb 339 and Fiat G91 on both. Stearman not yet checked. Will I be able to install this one Dc-6 in both machines ? Thanks

mgr
June 19th, 2021, 10:33
Darn only did one flight and the paintbrush is out of the can... :wiggle:

https://garfield.home.xs4all.nl/pics/wet-paint.png

Dangerous Beans
June 19th, 2021, 11:03
Same here, I had to go to bed so I checked this morning, still nothing until I hit "resend code" about 4 times, then I got the download. Problem with the install is that it installs on the C: drive without options of putting it elsewhere. I use the Addon Linker so nothing but shortcuts in my Community folder to an outside folder. I cut and pasted the main folder into my Addons Library and immediately " error reading .json file" so, I might have to do a bit of manual redirecting after work today...

That's odd, it didn't give me any option where to install it either but it went straight into my MSFS community folder on my D drive.

banjoman1960
June 19th, 2021, 11:40
it does not work,but look right:very_drunk:

dvj
June 19th, 2021, 12:46
No problems with the install.
https://i.imgur.com/uJfVK0s.jpg

cavaricooper
June 19th, 2021, 13:00
it does not work,but look right:very_drunk:

Ok- you seem to be in the aeroplane now.... what isn't working? Have you read any of the documentation and watched any of the videos available to assist you?

banjoman1960
June 19th, 2021, 13:19
Ok- you seem to be in the aeroplane now.... what isn't working? Have you read any of the documentation and watched any of the videos available to assist you?

i can´t fly,but load short to check paint.........better than nothing.....
man that bird look nice,had it on p3d......
look like they wotk on this........wish i can fly this:wavey:

Bomber_12th
June 19th, 2021, 13:30
I did a long flight (long for me) from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska this afternoon, through live weather. It makes it even more adventurous when you know things might not always work out alright with the aircraft systems/engines.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51257027902_b2f4f4d271_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6pECo)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51257756826_e4c9bfddf5_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6tpj3)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51258501134_9826c8d659_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6xdyW)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51257756456_892be6de46_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6tpcE)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51257756401_32ba7cdf29_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6tpbH)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51257756226_6f88f42929_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6tp8G)

Dimus
June 19th, 2021, 13:31
I devoted one hour to do a classic '60s Athens-Thesalloniki trip with the kind help of the brilliant AFE. I am a GA-military type so I never had any PMDG products in FSX-P3D. This one is a joy though, I must admit. I see myself spending more time in the future.

Under the Greek sun:

https://i.imgur.com/i7ZX7I9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ufhiQuc.jpg

Olympic Airways over the actual Mount Olympos:

https://i.imgur.com/HsKnQK2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1FkU7oX.jpg

TiAr
June 19th, 2021, 15:01
I am working on my older repaints - but will be available in Community. The Ops Center is not a good idea in my opinion.

https://up.picr.de/41454973nh.jpg

https://up.picr.de/41454974lf.jpg

https://up.picr.de/41454975yc.jpg

Thomas

Mr.Mugel
June 19th, 2021, 18:29
Today's flight was a bit more eventful. Had troubles on engine #1 at some point (all gauges in low position, no response, no power). Tried feathering it but no success. Was thinking about aborting the flight and performing an emergency landing due to possibly no oil pressure in a milling engine. Than I remembered that I might have hit a fire extinguisher while looking around with the mouse. That fixed the engine and brought it back to life, but it looks like I did some damage allready as the engine was still delivering less power. Continued the flight (Daytona Beach to Key West along the coast) and the sun set earlier than expected. While landing it was almost dark but with good runway lights I set her down smoothly even if a fair bit behind the numbers. Also need to check the navigation / autopilot interaction as some things didn't behave exactly as I expected. Passengers got some extra flight time due to some circles.

Mr.Mugel
June 19th, 2021, 18:31
https://i.ibb.co/7Q6gRBv/20210620020504-1.jpg https://i.ibb.co/ZNsMJLN/20210620030224-1.jpg https://i.ibb.co/VjwgGxQ/20210620032154-1.jpg https://i.ibb.co/ck0RBTX/20210620033811-1.jpg https://i.ibb.co/D4LNs0c/20210620034546-1.jpg

banjoman1960
June 19th, 2021, 22:58

Good Morning,
PMDG was very fair,they offer a Refund:encouragement:...
but i ask,
can we wait wat happen after the update wat is in work ?
maybee it work then,were a shame to give up now?
i spend the hole day to give infos and try..........i had this one for p3d and miss it .
so now i want it to work!!!

for them OK:encouragement:

also Windows did a Update this Night
https://www.ghacks.net/2021/06/14/kb5004476-update-fixes-problems-with-the-xbox-game-pass-app/
and a lot other,net framework etc.

the best i am in the air now:applause:

cavaricooper
June 20th, 2021, 01:25
Good Morning,
PMDG was very fair,they offer a Refund:encouragement:...
but i ask,
can we wait wat happen after the update wat is in work ?
maybee it work then,were a shame to give up now?
i spend the hole day to give infos and try..........i had this one for p3d and miss it .
so now i want it to work!!!

for them OK:encouragement:

also Windows did a Update this Night
https://www.ghacks.net/2021/06/14/kb5004476-update-fixes-problems-with-the-xbox-game-pass-app/
and a lot other,net framework etc.

the best i am in the air now:applause:

Good to hear- they're a good bunch.

TAKE YOUR TIME- read the INTRO and some of the Flight Manual while you are relaxing and then, together with your prior experience, RELY on the AFE. That should have you up and running.

You would not believe the amount of persons who installed MSFS and tried the DC-6 as their first addon. Amazing.

She is an incredible simulation of a glorious age in flight.

C

Priller
June 20th, 2021, 04:13
You would not believe the amount of persons who installed MSFS and tried the DC-6 as their first addon. Amazing.

Now that is what I call ambitious! :D

Priller

jankees
June 20th, 2021, 04:54
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51258352422_1d9b4a32f5_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6wsmW)jk5909 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6wsmW) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259080966_ee7ca42ebc_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6AbW3)jk5841 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6AbW3) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259080741_c4624c9fbf_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6AbSa)jk5886 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6AbSa) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259292463_d6d7b53394_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6BgNx)jk5924 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6BgNx) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

what can I say? Very pretty aircraft, and easy to fly too, I even managed a landing (sort of..)

Priller
June 20th, 2021, 05:27
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51258352422_1d9b4a32f5_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6wsmW)jk5909 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6wsmW) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259080741_c4624c9fbf_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6AbSa)jk5886 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6AbSa) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr
what can I say? Very pretty aircraft, and easy to fly too, I even managed a landing (sort of..)

Hi Jankees, that Delta Air Transport (from my home town, based in Deurne at the time) is magnificent! Brings back memories!

Priller

cavaricooper
June 20th, 2021, 06:11
@jankees- this is the sort of thing I've been WAITING for :) TEAL is a LOVELY color ;)

C

paiken
June 20th, 2021, 06:40
The cause for CTD's has been identified and an update will be released early this coming week. For now the workaround is to turn OFF multiplayer.
https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/131452-20jun21-updated-notam-for-reports-of-ctd-msfs-multiplayer
I worked for me!

DennyA
June 20th, 2021, 07:31
Here’s a fun real-life video that is a great behind-the-scenes on DC-6 airliner ops in 1950.

https://youtu.be/MiA6K4ZU1b8

mgr
June 20th, 2021, 10:54
Someone in need of a "Mac"? :very_drunk:

https://garfield.home.xs4all.nl/pics/wet-paint.png

Love the high resolution of 3 time 4096x4096.

Marcel

TiAr
June 20th, 2021, 11:10
https://up.picr.de/41462552qh.jpg

USAF VC-118A 53-3240 is available. I choose the community way of installation. Hope you like it.

https://flightsim.to/file/16678/usaf-vc-118a-dc-6a-air-force-one-1962

Thomas

mgr
June 20th, 2021, 11:12
Hi Thomas,

USAF VC-118A 53-3240 is available. I choose the community way of installation. Hope you like it.
https://flightsim.to/file/16678/usaf-vc-118a-dc-6a-air-force-one-1962

Did you put in some "fake" windows or did i miss a model?

Marcel

Bomber_12th
June 20th, 2021, 11:16
Marcel, there are different external model variations. For instance, the DC-6B model that the included 'United' paint scheme and some of the other airliner paint schemes use has lots of windows.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51256077671_75b9bc7a50_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6jNa6)

TiAr
June 20th, 2021, 11:22
John is right, but all the VC-118A are using cargo door compartments, so I decided to use DC-6A with fake windows like the real one had. Works in most cases nice.

Thomas

Bomber_12th
June 20th, 2021, 12:27
I was flying this thing in/around a thunderstorm today, and it felt like trying to control a barge in rough seas. I just love the way it 'feels' in the air - it seems very natural/realistic to how it should feel with amount of surface area and weight. I was almost blown into the side of a mountain, which was a bit scary too - it takes quite a bit of airspace to get this thing turned around.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260775784_82e5217daf_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6JSK3)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260775689_5ed43e744e_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6JSHp)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51261075205_51fc5a5556_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6LpKt)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259303992_46a40501f5_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6Bkej)

jankees
June 20th, 2021, 12:39
all still work in progress:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260003891_20a932bc9f_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6EVhx)jk5935 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6EVhx) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260202938_1f0f884362_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6FWso)jk5959 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6FWso) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260202803_2526f71224_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6FWq4)jk5972 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6FWq4) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260748154_68d322579e_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6JJwE)jk5970 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6JJwE) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

Fnerg
June 20th, 2021, 13:59
It's Father's Day, so I'm going to pull out my Dad's old RCAF log books and duplicate a flight he took in the North Star ( DC-6) in 1952 up to Frobisher Bay to service an injured Lancaster. Happy Father's Day dads!

Mr.Mugel
June 20th, 2021, 14:15
Beautiful screens in here guys. I feel like MSFS has just got a big piece of what was missing with this addon. Took her from Lelystadt for a few passes over the Eau Rouge at the Spa Francorchamps race track and finally to Aachen Mastricht which is the closest airport to my real place where she can fit (except for Geilenkirchen AB). I understand the Localizer option of the Gyropilot now, still have issues with the speed governors. Well, glad to still have things to wonder about.

Bomber_12th
June 20th, 2021, 17:26
Another very enjoyable flight around the Twin Cities this evening. #2 wasn't performing as well as the other three, so I did some preventative maintenance after this flight.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51261271059_4bf8359528_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6MpYg)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260729118_c7fd97b3c2_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6JCSs)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51261270809_b5bcd1c1b7_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6MpTX)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259800272_0bca6ad3a7_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6DSKS)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259800152_2e76a0286b_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6DSHN)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260728678_3e4dee040d_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6JCJS)

ColoKent
June 20th, 2021, 18:26
As usual....PMDG delivers top quality. BEST flying airplane to date in MSFS, in my experience. Interesting that there are no C-118 paints like were provided in the P3D version.

Still...a WONDERFUL machine. I managed to get it off the ground, around the pattern, and back down in one piece...but I need to read the manual before I try more.

Now....if we can just get the Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 and Flight Replicas DC-4/C-54 released for MSFS...we'll be in classic prop liner heaven!

Kent

mgr
June 20th, 2021, 20:39
Hi Thomas & John,

John is right, but all the VC-118A are using cargo door compartments, so I decided to use DC-6A with fake windows like the real one had. Works in most cases nice.

I see, yes i did notice the different "A" en "B" models. Indeed like the VC-118A the one i'm paiting is a sort of a "combi" model, so with the cargo-doors yet still with lot of windows (less then the "passenger" mode).

Marcel

Bomber_12th
June 21st, 2021, 08:44
Leave it to me to provide a dumb answer to a smart question. The extra windows do look very convincing, Thomas!

jankees
June 21st, 2021, 09:20
I just uploaded a few paints on the .to site:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259292513_550f30b3b0_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6BgPp)jk5922 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6BgPp) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51259275683_87d62f1a2c_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6BbPe)jk5905 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6BbPe) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51260202868_6edbee5fd3_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6FWrb)jk5964 (https://flic.kr/p/2m6FWrb) by JanKees Blom (https://www.flickr.com/photos/158986709@N02/), on Flickr

The TAL to follow soon..

StormILM
June 21st, 2021, 14:11
As usual....PMDG delivers top quality. BEST flying airplane to date in MSFS, in my experience. Interesting that there are no C-118 paints like were provided in the P3D version.

Still...a WONDERFUL machine. I managed to get it off the ground, around the pattern, and back down in one piece...but I need to read the manual before I try more.

Now....if we can just get the Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC-3 and Flight Replicas DC-4/C-54 released for MSFS...we'll be in classic prop liner heaven!

Kent

Hey Kent! Hope all's been well with you Sir! I agree, I was a little stumped the C-118 and VC-118 (Independence) liveries weren't in the stack as well but hopefully they will show up sometime in the near future. I agree, PMDG hit a home run here and it's great to see FS2020 maturing as such which in my opinion is perhaps a bit ahead of the long development curve that plagued FSX and P3D at various intervals during their insipient and intermediate stages.

It's so good to finally see a simulator with the visuals for both the aircraft and scenery and with very reasonably priced addons and nice freeware showing up as well. I missed the DC-6 more than any other model leaving P3D behind but I'm good now! :applause:

Bomber_12th
June 21st, 2021, 15:06
I like all the extra bare metal on this, Jan Kees! Here are just a few shots from a flight from St. Thomas to St. Kitts.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51261954307_54088144a9_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6QV5p)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51263427364_45d995766b_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6YsXW)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51262880198_7213b9e2dd_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6VEj3)

ColoKent
June 21st, 2021, 17:23
Hey Kent! Hope all's been well with you Sir! I agree, I was a little stumped the C-118 and VC-118 (Independence) liveries weren't in the stack as well but hopefully they will show up sometime in the near future. I agree, PMDG hit a home run here and it's great to see FS2020 maturing as such which in my opinion is perhaps a bit ahead of the long development curve that plagued FSX and P3D at various intervals during their insipient and intermediate stages.

It's so good to finally see a simulator with the visuals for both the aircraft and scenery and with very reasonably priced addons and nice freeware showing up as well. I missed the DC-6 more than any other model leaving P3D behind but I'm good now! :applause:

Bryant!

Just did a short hop from LAX to BUR (ORBX's well done rendition) in 1958 Western Airlines colors. I have pretty much downloaded all repaints available from the .to website (Western, JK's TEAL, a TAA variant, an FAB military DC-6B). I keep waiting for the excitement to wear off, but so far, I see NOTHING to dislike on the DC-6 (and I can be a curmudgeon!). Just love this airplane, and really enjoy it with the extra fidelity/realism the MSFS eye candy affords. I may become a propliner only guy! (In addition to AH's C-7/DC-3 and FR's C-54/DC-4, would LOVE to see JF's F27 released for MSFS....and would REALLY love an L-188 Electra [both pax and cargo variants])

Man, this is GREAT flying!

Kent

c87
June 21st, 2021, 18:19
These screenshots look amazing! Virtually all of them look like photographs. JanKees, those paints with the mix of bare metal and paint look awesome.

DaveWG
June 21st, 2021, 22:59
Lovely paints Jankees. :applause:
Is a British Eagle one on your to do list?

banjoman1960
June 21st, 2021, 23:20
Someone doing this?

it´s the only DC 4 wat Lufthans use,i have no dc 6 found,
so try to do this..............

banjoman1960
June 22nd, 2021, 07:43
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83337&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1624376454 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83337&d=1624376454)try to get it in the colours........................

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83336&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1624376429 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83336&d=1624376429)

StormILM
June 22nd, 2021, 12:28
Kent, I spoke too soon! Right after I responded last night, I found these at Flightsim.to. I hope we see the VC-118 "Independence" soon as well.

ColoKent
June 22nd, 2021, 12:51
Yep...I saw those too. I suspect more military variants will come out. So far, I have also seen a Brazilian AF version on .to as well.

Kent

ce_zeta
June 23rd, 2021, 02:19
There is something weird with my engine No.4

Others are well. Just after the start in prder to warm up the engines. when I trottle up a little bit to set 10.000 rpm my No.4, Manifold RPM and BMEP goes crazy.
I repaired the engine 3 times without success. I damaged my engine yesterday

No blower, Booster pumps in Low. I have low oil pressure as I couldn´t warm up that engine properly but I dont see anything else.
Other engines are okay with the same config. Any idea?

ce_zeta
June 23rd, 2021, 02:21
There is something weird with my engine No.4

Others are well. Just after the start in prder to warm up the engines. when I trottle up a little bit to set 10.000 rpm my No.4, Manifold RPM and BMEP goes crazy.
I repaired the engine 3 times without success. I damaged my engine yesterday

Low blower, Booster pumps in Low. I have low oil pressure as I couldn´t warm up that engine properly but I dont see anything else.
Other engines are okay with the same config. Any idea?

cavaricooper
June 23rd, 2021, 02:27
Do you have a spurious axis commanding? Please check EVERY attached controller for signal being sent to Engine 4.Try just using F3 to increase to 1000RPM to verify it’s an input problem.

ce_zeta
June 23rd, 2021, 10:18
Got it. Thank you Carl. That was the problem.
Really appreciated. I understand now why you felt in love with this beauty.

cavaricooper
June 23rd, 2021, 11:38
So glad you found the culprit- enjoy her, I do!

StormILM
June 23rd, 2021, 14:33
One thing I discovered was that I have to move my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Throttles VERY slowly or the physical position of the VC throttle levers will not stay uniform. So when I retard the throttles to idle on landing, I have to slowly retard them or one or more will not be at the idle stop and the reverse prop lockout gate won't release. Of course, on the real DC-6, throttle and pitch lever movement had to be slow to not shock the engine and/or put stress on the shaft and gears.

cavaricooper
June 24th, 2021, 02:16
Storm- sounds like you’re sending 2 axis’ for Throttles. Either set 1&2 left and 3&4 right- or pick one axis for all 4.Yes, RW Throttle operation on transport category radials is always slow... lots of moving metal.

Seahawk72s
June 27th, 2021, 02:48
Going thru the individual PMDG tutorials has been a complete joy.
There is so much to discover about this aircraft and its systems.

The video about cockpit lighting nicely shows what PMDG has done with the ASOBO realistic light effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgKV3bwMcC4

ST0RM
June 28th, 2021, 06:16
Hoping to see some Air Tanker liveries come out for this as well.

Interesting info on the throttle movement speed. On takeoff, I've been noticing my #1 engine is 2 knobs higher than the rest. I'm assuming for P-Factor assistance?

tankerguy72
June 30th, 2021, 05:50
Hoping to see some Air Tanker liveries come out for this as well.

Interesting info on the throttle movement speed. On takeoff, I've been noticing my #1 engine is 2 knobs higher than the rest. I'm assuming for P-Factor assistance?

Agreed. I think Im going to start on this TBM Inc DC-6 N90739. It began life for American Airlines "Flagship Georgia" Then was used by the Monkees for touring and then ended up as an airtanker for TBM until it met the scrapper.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51280136847_2e90114912_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8s77t)

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/0/4/9/0126940.jpg?v=v40

manfredc3
July 13th, 2021, 21:30

Kent

I could not agree more. I'd even add a Connie in the mix, lol. C'mon A2A!!!

Seeing the liveries like the Transavia, The Flying Dutchman, and others blew it for me.

I was no longer able to resist the itch to hit that "Purchase" button.

Purchased last night, and am now working my way through the videos. Can't wait to bring these radials to life and hear them purrr..:redfire:

Panaka
July 20th, 2021, 10:39
A quick question.
Does the plane have minor random failures as a feature?

On a recent flight I noticed that the cylinder head temp for number 3 was low and closed the cowl flaps another notch. The temperature didn't go up. When I went to check the engine visually the cowl flaps where stuck open in their take off configuration and wouldn't close. Is this a bug with the auto flight engineer or did I run into a feature I didn't know about?
Engine damage was turned off at the time.

Pere
July 20th, 2021, 13:04
A quick question.
Does the plane have minor random failures as a feature?

On a recent flight I noticed that the cylinder head temp for number 3 was low and closed the cowl flaps another notch. The temperature didn't go up. When I went to check the engine visually the cowl flaps where stuck open in their take off configuration and wouldn't close. Is this a bug with the auto flight engineer or did I run into a feature I didn't know about?
Engine damage was turned off at the time.Well, I don't know if a random fault system is being modeled, but on a recent flight I lowered my flaps lever and although I heard the hydraulic noise of the hydraulics the flaps did not go down and the flaps indicator marked position 0

Meridien
August 2nd, 2021, 04:23
[URL="https://flic.kr/p/2meR65c"]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51352519903_de9ba1330f_h.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2meR65c)2021-08-02_14-24-23 (https://flic.kr/p/2meR65c)

I have noticed the lack of some textures at cargo plane. The same with default and custom liveries. Do anybody have this issue?

Spook48
August 2nd, 2021, 05:15
You are not alone .
https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-dc-6-cloudmaster-forum/143854-dc-6b-door-texture-issue

cavaricooper
August 2nd, 2021, 06:41
Yes- the pink is noted for a fix (post Asobo SU5 Hotfix).

SteveDra
August 2nd, 2021, 08:40
Yep...I saw those too. I suspect more military variants will come out. So far, I have also seen a Brazilian AF version on .to as well.

Kent

Hey Kent...I'm very confident that you'll be seeing another Navy variant .....soon®. :)

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/687/IF6Paa.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/9938/DiobKP.jpg

ColoKent
August 2nd, 2021, 20:08
Awesome! Looking forward to it....

Kent