PDA

View Full Version : Images preview?

Stearman
May 15th, 2021, 01:40
I assume this question probably doesn't belong to this forum, but I'm not sure where it does, so I thought I wouldn't break anything seriously if I post it here, since this is the forum I mostly read:

I've noticed I can see the images included in forum messages directly when browsing through the forum unlogged, whereas I can only see the links once logged in, so I need to click on every link to see the image. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance and sorry for any inconvenience.

jmig
May 15th, 2021, 07:22
I assume this question probably doesn't belong to this forum, but I'm not sure where it does, so I thought I wouldn't break anything seriously if I post it here, since this is the forum I mostly read:

I've noticed I can see the images included in forum messages directly when browsing through the forum unlogged, whereas I can only see the links once logged in, so I need to click on every link to see the image. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance and sorry for any inconvenience.

I don’t think so. I am traveling and viewing on my iPad. I can see the Screenshots images, signed in or not.

Tom Clayton
May 16th, 2021, 17:15
I'm not sure, but I think hot-linked images are public, but you have to be logged in for attached images and other files. Most of the Screenshots thread is images hosted on other sites like Imgur or Flickr.

Dangerousdave26
May 16th, 2021, 19:50
Tom

You are spot right on.

You have to log into see attachments

External links to images should show up if you are not logged on