PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 Multiplayer info

Kg
March 3rd, 2009, 15:40
Hello guys, just wanted to know if anyone is interested in doing IP games from CFS2. The CFS3 guys are doing it and it seems to work. let me know if you are!

Thanks,

KG

Rami
March 3rd, 2009, 16:55
May I suggest a place?

http://www.thecfs2flightdeck.com/

Moparmike
March 3rd, 2009, 17:10
Yup, the CFS2FlightDeck site is a fairly popular one for CFS2.

If you would like, feel free to try posting a game or two to see if you'll get enough multi-player traffic here.
Just post up a thread similar to what we've got set up in the CFS3 forum and give it a shot.

Rami
March 3rd, 2009, 17:20
Moparmike,

I know the guy who runs it. ;) JJ is a good friend of mine, we go way back in CFS2. He's flamed my tail too many times to count. :costumes:

Shadow Wolf 07
March 3rd, 2009, 18:14
JJ Goldberg and the crew at the flight deck are a good bunch. Their numbers are slowly but steadily increasing...

Flying Buckeye
March 4th, 2009, 12:38
Do the missions in the CFS2 mission download section of this website work on multiplayer?

Rami
March 4th, 2009, 12:51
Flying buckeye,

I combined your thread with a recent similar one, since you're both requesting similar information. :typing:

Shadow Wolf 07
March 4th, 2009, 14:01
Do the missions in the CFS2 mission download section of this website work on multiplayer?

The way you want them to... no. That's the short answer. AI ships planes and guns know no loyalty and triggerts/events don't work. There may be a few that are deigned for multiplayer but I know of only 1 or 2.

bearcat241
March 4th, 2009, 15:26
Not to mention that you can't use dp ordnance for ground or anti-shipping attacks. Surface attacks can only be carried out with models which have had their dp gunstations modified for extra punch to simulate levels of bomb, rocket or torpedo damage.

Flying Buckeye
March 5th, 2009, 06:37
I tried to connect to the CFS2 flightdeck but no IP is listed on their website and I have to download some extra program. Where else can I play CFS2 online?

bearcat241
March 5th, 2009, 06:55
Just communicate with site admins at the Flightdeck, join the group and get what instructions and IP's you need to get goin'. Either way, if you're into this for real, you're gonna have to install something to play with the big dogs - its either Hyperlobby or Ventrilo, pick your poison.

Grettir
March 5th, 2009, 08:39
"its either Hyperlobby or Ventrilo"

Is Reverb not to your liking?

Flying Buckeye, try Reverb.
It is just like the Zone was.

Shadow Wolf 07
March 5th, 2009, 09:29
"its either Hyperlobby or Ventrilo"

Is Reverb not to your liking?

Flying Buckeye, try Reverb.
It is just like the Zone was.

The gang on the Flight Deck use ventrilo for voice comms and either use IPs posted on the ventrilo chat window or, as more recently. use Reverb as a hosting platform. If a game is hosted on reverb, then others, who are not members of the FD can join in as well... A few "dead beats" who have been banned from FD have been observed lurking around the Reverb games though, (no names)

Phantom
March 8th, 2009, 15:31
Hey guys, this is good info. I don't have CFS2 yet but it's on its way and I'll have it installed soon. I have CFS3 but as I posted in another thread, it is a bear to keep it running. That may be why there are more add-ons for CFS2 than CFS3. Hope to see you in the air. :wavey:

Phantom