PDA

View Full Version : FSX Gold Edition is it over?

ZsoltB
April 1st, 2021, 19:17
I'm in trouble! I've been using the FSX Gold edition for a long time I can't install it now because Microsoft tells me to buy a new license! Okay, but where?
I bought a boxed version
I have a new PC and want to install it, but MS won't let it

I'm Sad!

Does anyone know an idea?

Thank you,
Zsolt

oldmsgt
April 1st, 2021, 19:32
Might be time to finally give it up and go with the Steam Edition?

OMS

ZsoltB
April 1st, 2021, 19:37
Might be time to finally give it up and go with the Steam Edition?

OMS

I don’t know, many have complained about this, though I don’t know why Yes, if there is no other solution, it remains But I ask will the many add ons be good for the SE version as well?

ZsoltB
April 1st, 2021, 19:50
This is good?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X_Steam_Edition/

Willy
April 1st, 2021, 20:07
I've been running FSX SE for a few years now. I've yet to run into anything for FSX that won't run in SE. I'm good with it.

Naismith
April 1st, 2021, 22:06
Maybe time to consider P3Dv4.5 much (but not all) works with it. It is more stable than FSX to be sure.

Priller
April 1st, 2021, 22:16
I agree with Naismith,

You've got a new rig, so maybe it would be best to go for P3D v4.5. Most native FSX aircraft will work on it, and you'll be amazed on the better performance, graphics, the whole lot. No more out of memory errors. Nothing but advantages really.

Priller

ZsoltB
April 1st, 2021, 22:45
I using MSFS it's beautiful!
I don't like P3D
it's all too dark, the colors of FSX do better!
I don't switch to P3D anymore, especially that this is FSX topic

Daube
April 2nd, 2021, 00:25
I using MSFS it's beautiful!
I don't like P3D
it's all too dark, the colors of FSX do better!
I don't switch to P3D anymore, especially that this is FSX topic

The colors of P3D can be adjusted.
In 2021, reinstalling FSX on a new computer is, to me, just a waste of time and efforts.
Of course, if you *really* need to continue using some old planes from FS9, then I can understand that FSX is still needed, ok. And in that case, like others above, I'd recommend you to go for FSX Steam, which is much easier to install.

Motormouse
April 2nd, 2021, 01:23
The colors of P3D can be adjusted.In 2021, reinstalling FSX on a new computer is, to me, just a waste of time and efforts.Of course, if you *really* need to continue using some old planes from FS9, then I can understand that FSX is still needed, ok. And in that case, like others above, I'd recommend you to go for FSX Steam, which is much easier to install.Zsolt if the install is failing there's a work around ( Microsoft software licence reset tool)see instructions here --->

https://windowsreport.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-windows-10/

when you get to Acceleration, there's a registry key you have to change to get that to work.I've just installed X on my new laptop using above in win 10

Ttfn

Pete

ZsoltB
April 2nd, 2021, 02:07
Hi Pete,

I cannot activate the FSX 1-2 disc
Therefore, I cannot install the ACC disk

Zsolt

Manschy
April 2nd, 2021, 02:30
Zsolt, after installing disc 1 and 2 have a look at this (found at Microsoft help):

<<
"a. Click Start and type regedit in the search bar and pressenter.
b. Browse to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}c. Find Upperfilters listed under it, and check its value, if its 0 change it to PartMgr and click OK out.

Let us know if it helps!"

Have a look at PartMgr - in some cases, these fonts all are written in small size, but it is strictly necessary to be written exactly as above. I've had a similar problem with activation and this helped me.

Furthermore, if any more issues with installing FSX Acceleration/Gold (for example stucking while installing), I firstly copied all Discs files into one single folder on my hard disk. That way, the installation runs without problems because FSX can find all needed files now on the same place.
Hope this helps.

ZsoltB
April 2nd, 2021, 03:45
I have tried this before, it has not led to success
I'll try again tomorrow, I'm on duty at the fire department today
Thanks for everyone's comment!
Zsolt

huub vink
April 2nd, 2021, 06:08
Zsolt,

When I tried to reinstall FSX on my new PC, I ran into similar problems. After I had installed FSX, I couldn't install Acceleration. In the end I installed the steam version and never had any issue with it. I have a lot of add-ons installed and so far never had any trouble with them.

Cheers,
Huub

Priller
April 2nd, 2021, 06:21
Zsolt,

When I tried to reinstall FSX on my new PC, I ran into similar problems. After I had installed FSX, I couldn't install Acceleration. In the end I installed the steam version and never had any issue with it. I have a lot of add-ons installed and so far never had any trouble with them.

Cheers,
Huub

I have to agree with Huub. If you realy have to install FSX, then use the Steam version. But I still stand by my remarks about 32 vs 64 bit flight simulators.

Priller

gastonj
April 2nd, 2021, 06:53
Zsolt,

Cheers,
Huub

I was lucky enough to buy STEAM / FSX when it was worth $ 5 and I didn't hesitate to install it after upgrading to W10 after replacing hard drive with SSD. I didn't even ask myself the question.
I don't see any difference with the boxed version except that I lost the French interface. Does it work better? May be!

JMC