PDA

View Full Version : Adding Reflective to CFS2 Stockers

OBIO
March 2nd, 2009, 18:50
Playing around with the CFS2 stock planes in Fs2004....ran the Zero through Ivan Hsu's MDLC117 and was able to make the plane reflective. It did botch the prop texture and VC...so I need to spend some time perfecting the process (if possible). But the Zero sure does look nice with reflective textures...at least from the outside.

OBIO

OBIO
March 2nd, 2009, 20:04
I may have found a way to overcome the issues with the prop blur disk and the VC panel going goofy when the reflective texture ability is added to the CFS2 stockers. Will be a while before I can know for sure as I lost the .bat file I had that took a SCASM file and put the info back into a working MDL file. With luck I will have a replacement bat file tomorrow then I can test my theory.

If I am successful with the A6M2 Zero, then I will move on to the rest of the CFS2 stock aircraft that The B-24 Guy overhauled...he de-mirrored them and tweaked them to near perfection.

OBIO

fleurdelys
March 3rd, 2009, 05:31
Bonjour Obio,

I'll be looking forward to the results as this is a very nice Zero to start with and it could benefit from some shine in FS9...

I've been trying to locate Ivan Hsu's MDLC117 in the library but no joy. Do you have a link to spare :help: ?

Merci,

Jean-Robert

OBIO
March 3rd, 2009, 07:01
MDLC117.zip over on Flightsim.com.

I have all the CFS2 Over_Hauled stockers shined with specular shine...and they look much better. If I am successful, they will have actual factual reflective texturing when I am done with them.

OBIO

fleurdelys
March 3rd, 2009, 13:53
Merci beaucoup for the link Obio.

That should be something to see when you're done !:woot:

The reason for wanting that link is that I'm trying to give some shine to my first project for FS2004.

I'm working on a HS-123 which I had building in my CFS2 days with FSDS v.1 which is no good for FS9. I've upgraded to FSDS v.3 and things are coming along slowly but surely. I'm still a long way out in the field as far as Air File and panels are concerned though. :faint:

I'm presently flying with a reworked Gladiator air file which has the merit of getting it up there... :kilroy:

Fleurdelys

Desert Rat
March 22nd, 2009, 14:01
:wavey: Obio,

how's this going? Did you get anywhere with the prop and VC problems?

Jamie

Desert Rat
March 22nd, 2009, 15:29
Decided to give this a try on one of Alphas older and now freeware models. It doesn't come reflective, but I got it to work with mdlc 1.9. It suffered in the VC, with the gauge plane becoming a solid, fully reflective mirror of the envmap tex. No prop on her so not sure if that woulda been a problem.

Here's how she turned out.... and I managed to fix the VC :d

Jamie

PS. get it here, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=11941

OBIO
March 22nd, 2009, 15:48
I'm still working on the CFS2 stockers...trying to get the prop blur and VC sorted out. No luck so far...but if JD was able to get the VC in the jet to work, then maybe there is luck on getting the CFS2 stockers to take a reflective texture.

OBIO

Desert Rat
March 23rd, 2009, 15:21
Ran another just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, this time a prop. Had the same VC issue plus an issue with the spinning prop making parts of the plane vanish when viewed through the spinning disc. Glad to report the 'fix' I did fixed both issues.

Obio, check your mail, and I'll send more when it's done.

Jamie