PDA

View Full Version : The Dude goes Sight-seeing

Desert Rat
March 2nd, 2009, 15:20
Okay guys,

just for fun, Grab Pimp aviations free Dude download, basically a lazy guy in a deck chair. (gotta love the Big Lebowski sound bite)

http://www.pimp-aviation.com/

under free stuff.

Then take him to wherever you like, fav scenery, strange situations, anything you want, just for fun. Might even be a good way to show others some stuff they missed :d

Lets see those screenies, or even some repaints, lot's of T-shirts designs out there, keep it clean(ish)

Jamie

Desert Rat
March 2nd, 2009, 15:30
here's él doodorino relaxing on the business end of the Ark Royal, having a steam facial....

Jamie

Curtis P40
March 2nd, 2009, 15:48
Wonder if he would fit in the cargo hole of Alphasim's Sikorsky S-55 helo?

dogknot
March 3rd, 2009, 10:41
Sometimes you need a bit of R&R from......the bush!!?
(--a comical feature is Shift+E opens the cooler--)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i185/B_Sneezy/CBC_quonset/bp_dude-1.jpg

Desert Rat
March 4th, 2009, 12:21
Brent,

been known to enjoy a bit of bush pounding myself. :d

Like the scenery too, can I ask what it is? Don't recognize it.

Anyway, the Dude decided to go watch some football in Rome tonight, took in some sights too.

Jamie

dogknot
March 4th, 2009, 13:02
The scenery is just a few objects I've gotten through the various libraries and placed at Bear Canyon West Field_WA41.

Desert Rat
March 4th, 2009, 13:14
Brent,

cheers, like to do the same to my fav haunts too, brings them to life. Wish I could get the hang of FSE to add some sounds aswell. Love those sceneries like the classic Lyons work that has ambient sounds.

That bushpounder logo would make a nice shirt for the dude. I think Willy should have one with a Merc air logo on it too.

Jamie

dogknot
March 4th, 2009, 14:51
:icon_lol::icon_lol: Yep. The Bushpounders logo actually belongs to Don Moser of "Alaska by Don" fame, now running at bushpounder.com (http://bushpounder.com)

OleBoy
March 4th, 2009, 16:19
LOL......@ shift+e opens the cooler. More Brewski!! :friday:

fnkybnch
March 4th, 2009, 20:12
Thanks for pointing this one out!

The Dude digs Seattle:

on top of the Space Needle
having lunch at Ivar's on Pier 54
having a cool one at Elliott's on Pier 56

Wild Bill Kelso
March 5th, 2009, 09:17
Thanks, Jamie!

Marvellous movie,
outstanding addon! :applause:

Nearly laughed my a/o!

Let's start at my hometown (maybe I should add that the distinctive roof above Tempelhof's apron once was designed for thousands of spectators of planned air shows that never took place there...):

OleBoy
March 5th, 2009, 10:48
Thanks for pointing this one out!

The Dude digs Seattle:

on top of the Space Needle

(shouts)

Don't jump man. We'll bring the beer up to you!!

Wild Bill Kelso
March 5th, 2009, 10:51
...Lets see those screenies, or even some repaints, lot's of T-shirts designs out there...

I'll bite!
Any layered paint kit available soon? :jump:
No way?

Okay - eat this! :wave:

Crusader
March 5th, 2009, 14:27
I am going to stay right where I'm at . The crew dropped me off . Security arrived . Beer is cold . The grill is getting hot .

Rich:ernae:

Willy
March 5th, 2009, 14:40
Yep, gonna have to change that t-shirt. He's even got my hat!

planejunky
March 5th, 2009, 16:04
I just downloaded the dude from pimp-aviation.com and tried installing, however by spyware flagged up this problem: Trojan-Spy.Ransom.A. Anyone else had this problem?

dogknot
March 5th, 2009, 17:22
I just downloaded the dude from pimp-aviation.com and tried installing, however by spyware flagged up this problem: Trojan-Spy.Ransom.A. Anyone else had this problem?

Yikes! No problems here. Nothing detected. Just did two seperate type scans and nothing noted....but a google of "Trojan-Spy.Ransom.A" shows it to be a real deal.

johnh_049
March 5th, 2009, 18:20
if he comes with an installer, it's probably a false positive... those programs hate installers...

OBIO
March 5th, 2009, 22:16
Yep...most likely a false positive due to The Dude being in an installer package. I have gotten false positives due to installers before.

OBIO

NAMBUS
March 6th, 2009, 18:04
I am going to stay right where I'm at . The crew dropped me off . Security arrived . Beer is cold . The grill is getting hot .

Rich:ernae:
That's a great looking location you have got the dude chilling out at there Crusader.
Were is it and is it available anywhere?
Looks like a nice place to visit in a classic S-55.

dogknot
March 6th, 2009, 19:46
Heads Up!!

We know we can get a cold one from the cooler with Shift+E... :friday:

Try this one at dusk or dawn....spotplane or VC.... the "L" key.
(just make sure your battery is on from a previously loaded aircraft or use the key assignment...I think it's Ctrl+B)

Crusader
March 8th, 2009, 13:00
That's a great looking location you have got the dude chilling out at there Crusader.
Were is it and is it available anywhere?
Looks like a nice place to visit in a classic S-55.

I must admit it is FSX . The author of this beautiful scenery is MoCat(Chris Carel). He has made several in a series of sceneries to name a few Caribbean Seaplane Tours , (I believe the one in my pics is Mooney Harbor in the Florida Keys . He has also made Movie Maker Tours depicting some WWll scenery . Also some Alaska Seaplane sceneries . Several in all numerous to mention . Did'nt mean deceive anybody here , just playing around with some screen pics and stuck them here . If you have FSX do a search over at flightsim.com or avsim and type in Chris Carel and read all about this beautiful stuff he has created . He has done a Movie Maker Tours scenery on Hawaii recently depicting the old field at Bellows and one other place(Name has escaped me)

Rich

planejunky
March 9th, 2009, 02:39
I wondered if it was a false positive, but just wanted to be sure. Better safe than sorry as they say!

Blinky
March 9th, 2009, 10:14
Hey JD!
I laffed my a-- off, after installing "The Dude"!!! I just gotta thank y'all for the heads up. My wife and brother think that I take this flight sim thing, way too seriously. Now I can show them exactly just how "serious" it can be!!!! By the way, I totally scanned that zip file, before I unloaded it on my system. It came up perfectly clean! Yup, just a false positive, that I never even got. :woot:

Tanx a heap :ernae: Blinky

PRB
March 9th, 2009, 15:47
Dang, he sure is a little dude! :costumes:

Terry
March 10th, 2009, 04:09
The Dude takes on new duties, becomes a judge.

Crusader
March 10th, 2009, 07:24

Where do I apply for this job ?:running:

Rich

Blinky
March 10th, 2009, 08:53
Hey JD!
Tanks for the heads up and a great laff. I thoroughly scanned the zip, after it was DL'd and before I dumped it on my system. He came up squeaky clean! I never got any warning, either. Musta been a false positive??

:woot: Blinky

Desert Rat
March 10th, 2009, 11:33

tis a good job we can't see him from the front, be more than a smile hes got on I'd wager :d (were'd the dirty banana go when you need him, lol (a smilie))

Glad the virus warnings seem to be a false alarm, woulda hated folk to get infected with something I pointed out. No probs here, Norton gave it a clean bill.

Jamie

jhefner
March 11th, 2009, 09:17
Since someone "cheated" and posted a picture from FSx; here is a picture taken from FS2002; thanks to archisoft's MDLC. Dallas/Fort Worth has a lot of air traffic thanks to all of the airports and factories in the region; and here is The Dude at one of my favorite overlooks in the area at my favorite time of day, watching them go back and forth. That is Eagle Lake, and the old Vought factory down on the right.

And my son and I checked out rumbafloppies new LOD5 and LOD7 scenery by taking a joint flight into the Grand Canyon; myself using FS2002 on one PC while my son used FS2004 on the other PC. We both used Piglet's Storch; thanks again to MDLC.

After three hours of twisting and turning, oohhhing and aahhhing at 60-80 knots, with still no end in sight, we finally decided to land at the bottom of the canyon for the night. So here is The Dude taking in the sights and peace and quiet, while my son flies up and over the canyon rim to pick us up some dinner.

Thanks to all involved for The Dude, LOD5 and LOD7 mesh, MDLC, and FSHost; all wonderfull freeware that made it possible.

-James