PDA

View Full Version : Downloads Seem to be throttled to 56k

Sieggie
February 7th, 2021, 07:28
I'm trying to DL Ed's Moose Creek scenery and only getting 56kbps. Is the site having technical issues?

Dave

MrZippy
February 7th, 2021, 09:28
I just tried it, also! Very slow :banghead:

WarHorse47
February 7th, 2021, 10:20
May want to read this thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/122903-quot-The-server-is-too-busy-quot) for the answer. :untroubled:

Priller
February 7th, 2021, 11:15
May want to read this thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/122903-quot-The-server-is-too-busy-quot) for the answer. :untroubled:

That particular file only has had 37 hits.

So my guess is that speeds have indeed been throttled back.

If there is a need to throttle back, no problem. But it only seems fair to inform (paying) members about it.

Just sayin'

Priller

Sieggie
February 14th, 2021, 17:43
system seems to be back to normal. What was the issue? were we being attacked?

Dave

Aharon
February 15th, 2021, 06:52
I agree about download speed. In the past, I always had enjoyed very fast download speeds with SOH at the speed of 2 mb per second. But since 2 or 3 weeks ago, it went down to 28 kb per second which made it almost impossible for me to download fast. 2 days ago, I downloaded Buffalo livery painted by world famous Jankees at the speed of 56 kb per second which took me 50 minutes to download a single livery.

What happened to wonderful blazing fast 2 mb per second download speed that SOH is famous for??

Regards,

Aharon

hairyspin
February 16th, 2021, 03:27
It may have escaped your notice that admins have been moving the site to a new server, but they have been. That’s why download speed was reduced, but I expect speeds to pick up again when everything is done.

Aharon
February 16th, 2021, 08:33
Hairyspin,

Thanks for kind answer and I look forward to resumption of high speed downloading

By the way, I just right now have experienced new kind of forum glitch problem. For first time, the replying post no longer has quote function. I could not use quote function on your statement above.

Weird Quote function was working yesterday

Regards,

Aharon

Sieggie
February 16th, 2021, 10:51
Hairyspin,

Thanks for kind answer and I look forward to resumption of high speed downloading

By the way, I just right now have experienced new kind of forum glitch problem. For first time, the replying post no longer has quote function. I could not use quote function on your statement above.

Regards,

Aharon

Strange, works for me.

Dave

Priller
February 16th, 2021, 13:30
Strange, works for me.

Dave

Indeed, it works for me and I've downloaded a few files at +/- 500 Kbps. That is better than with the previous server.

Priller

Tako_Kichi
February 16th, 2021, 14:32
For what it's worth, I grabbed a couple of files earlier just to see how they came down and I hit 1Mbs on each file (one was 68+ Mb zipped and the other was 41+ Mb zipped).
:wiggle:

Opus the Pirate Hunter
February 16th, 2021, 14:38
Hairyspin,

Regards,

Aharon

Quote function worked fine here.

Please try again.

Was the button just not there or was it there and not working. If not working what happened when you clicked the button.

Thanks

Aharon
February 17th, 2021, 07:16
Opus,

The quote function is working now. Must be one time glitch problem.

Thanks for your kind concern.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
February 18th, 2021, 07:37
Just to let the management know that yesterday I downloaded 100 MB size Jankees livery at the much improved speed of 200 kb per second which took me about 8 minutes to complete the download which is certainly far better than 28 kb or 56 kb per second. But I miss regular 2 mb per second download speed of SOH library.

Regards,

Aharon

Priller
February 18th, 2021, 11:46
Just like Tako_Kichi 1 Mbps. Never had those speeds on SOH before. I'm happy!

Priller

Dangerousdave26
February 19th, 2021, 13:48
I am still working out what the server can handle in the download department. I just increased them again across the board.

Aharon
February 20th, 2021, 07:58
Dave,

Thanks for all your hard work.

Regards,

Aharon

mikezola
February 20th, 2021, 12:07
Allow me to second that remark- from my perspective, the move to the new server seemed to go very seamlessly. That doesn't happen with out a lot of hard work!

Thanks! -Mike

Duckie
February 20th, 2021, 16:52
Thank you brother Dave.