PDA

View Full Version : WW2 photo gallery

Motormouse
January 27th, 2021, 06:21
Some interesting pictures here of luftwaffe types,
Huub will love this.

https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?finish=-1&name=ForumsPro&start=0&t=14427&file=viewtopic&printertopic=1

ttfn

Pete

huub vink
January 27th, 2021, 12:01
Thanks Pete,

When you love that one you will love this one as well:

https://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/forums/showthread.php?29531-Luftwaffe-Manchmal-aus-der-Reihe-tanzend!

Cheers,
Huub

Shessi
January 27th, 2021, 12:07
Nice find Pete,

Thanks for the link.

Cheers

Shessi

huub vink
January 28th, 2021, 06:18
My main problem with these photo galleries, is that they put me on uncontrolled journeys through history and techniques.

For instance I look at picture from a FW-189 and notice the finned spinners. Before I know I'm googling things as "finned spinner" and "Rippenhaube". Next I see a picture from an airfield with the text: unknown location" and I wonder: "Hey isn't this "Schellingwoude" and immediately I looking in my "Military airfields in the Netherlands" book", where my eye suddenly catches an unknown temporarily airfield in a region where I often cycle. And suddely I'm at google maps to see whether there are still some traces left......

Interesting and often well spend time, but sooo time consuming!

Cheers,
Huub

Shessi
January 28th, 2021, 06:28
Ha ha ha Huub...that's the 'Wiki-wormhole' you've gone down...we all do it...you start with a simple idea and it cascades into completely different areas, but damned interesting.

That's one of the highs of the internet...where would we be......

Cheers

Shessi

Dev One
January 28th, 2021, 06:55
Especially in lockdown.....spent a good hour plus looking at those photos......marvelous.....some types I hadn't seen before. Thanks
Keith

Motormouse
January 28th, 2021, 09:06
Yes, I found some of the inflight photos interesting like the bv141

Ttfn

Pete

ian elliot
January 28th, 2021, 10:07
Great set of pics guy's You talk about wormhole's, im sitting here with a coffee getting excited about hangers and control towers and airfield layouts, did you see that lovely ariel of Fornebu :biggrin-new:

hertzie
January 28th, 2021, 10:16
Thanks Huub! And yes, I had the same "problem". VERY time-consuming :biggrin-new:.

hertzie