PDA

View Full Version : Rob Richardson

falcon409
November 13th, 2020, 07:32
Rob has been a prolific modeler for many years, making available to us many of the classic British Fighters we've enjoyed flying, all as Freeware. Sadly he has decided to take down his Website for several reasons, one of those being his desire to learn the intricacies of modeling for MS2020. As he told me, with only a partial SDK it could be months before he is able to delve into modeling airplanes for the new sim and keeping a website going for FSX and P3D aircraft wasn't something he wanted to continue doing.

He also said that any of his current aircraft can still be made available by request. If you don't have his email addy PM me and I can send it to you. Finally he did let me know that any new projects would be posted in the Sim-Outhouse, so we still get to see what he's working on "first-hand". Join me in thanking Rob for his work over the years and best wishes for his future endeavors! Thanks Rob!

Dangerous Beans
November 13th, 2020, 08:30
Thanks Rob.
I've enjoyed your planes for many years and look forward to your future MSFS releases :encouragement:

Duckie
November 13th, 2020, 09:38
Thank you Rob and best wishes going forward.

Steve

Priller
November 13th, 2020, 10:19
Rob has been a prolific modeler for many years, making available to us many of the classic British Fighters we've enjoyed flying, all as Freeware. Sadly he has decided to take down his Website for several reasons, one of those being his desire to learn the intricacies of modeling for MS2020. As he told me, with only a partial SDK it could be months before he is able to delve into modeling airplanes for the new sim and keeping a website going for FSX and P3D aircraft wasn't something he wanted to continue doing.

He also said that any of his current aircraft can still be made available by request. If you don't have his email addy PM me and I can send it to you. Finally he did let me know that any new projects would be posted in the Sim-Outhouse, so we still get to see what he's working on "first-hand". Join me in thanking Rob for his work over the years and best wishes for his future endeavors! Thanks Rob!

I for one, join you in thanking Rob for his work Ed.

i'm also extremely greatful for his choice to move forward and embrace a current sim, having to leave the legacy sims behind. A difficult choice indeed!

Priller

ian elliot
November 13th, 2020, 10:40
Good luck and thank you Rob, I didnt move from FS9 to FSX for about 5 years until Rob started releasing his Meteors and Vampire's, and they've been my favorites ever since :encouragement: Maybe another 5 years or so, i'll move to 2020 and i will catch up with your furture creation's :biggrin-new: untill then, have a virtual beer on me.

PS, just noticed the Shackleton has gone up in the SOH library

T Square
November 13th, 2020, 11:14
Rob: I have enjoyed your for many years and I am sure for many years to come, and I will look forward to see your future work. Thank You very much, God Bless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:guinness::guinness::guinness:

nagpaw
November 13th, 2020, 11:15
Please add my thanks to Rob for his generosity! :loyal: I've logged countless hours in his fantastic two-seat Cougar, my personal favorite of his works. I'm waiting a while on MSFS (need to save for a new rig, want to let the software stabilize), but I'm glad to hear that Rob's work will be waiting when I get there!

Josh Patterson
November 13th, 2020, 11:56
Please add my thanks to Rob for his generosity! :loyal: I've logged countless hours in his fantastic two-seat Cougar, my personal favorite of his works. I'm waiting a while on MSFS (need to save for a new rig, want to let the software stabilize), but I'm glad to hear that Rob's work will be waiting when I get there! I too am glad he tackled the Cougar, and then went on to do the two seater as well! Just wish the photo version worked in FSX but alas. Sometime next year I plan on getting a second computer with a good video card so I can try FS2020. The landscapes and planes look amazing!

Taco
November 13th, 2020, 12:52
You bet Ed. thank you Mr. Richardson

Cees Donker
November 13th, 2020, 13:08
Robert has done so many beautiful planes for us! Thank you very much!

:applause:

Cees

PhantomP
November 13th, 2020, 15:17
Thanks rob all your planes are wonderful to fly,appreciate your generosity,and hard work.:very_drunk:

robcarrich
November 13th, 2020, 19:58
I too am glad he tackled the Cougar, and then went on to do the two seater as well! Just wish the photo version worked in FSX but alas. Sometime next year I plan on getting a second computer with a good video card so I can try FS2020. The landscapes and planes look amazing!

Will post an FSX version of the photo Cougar on this site ASAP.

Rob

simtech
November 13th, 2020, 20:00
Rob, I've enjoyed your planes for many years and will continue to do so for a long time until MSFS gets sorted out. Thank you very much for your many gifts to our community. My heartfelt best wishes to you and yours in the future. Terry

simondix
November 13th, 2020, 22:55
I have several of his aircraft and enjoy using them... Many thanks for your work which is thankless at times. Please don't forget those who are not going to uses MSFS. Many thanks again.

PeteHam
November 13th, 2020, 23:06
One of my favorites is Rob's Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer :jump:

I'm one of the many that shall miss his creations.

Many thanks Rob for your gift to us.

Pete.

expat
November 14th, 2020, 00:38
Amongst a select few Rob has a special place in this community with his skill, generosity and willingness to share his fine work. Thank you!

slackerbg
November 14th, 2020, 01:36
Thank you. Stay inspired, motivated and enjoy this hobby for many more years.

harrybasset
November 14th, 2020, 03:20
Rob thank you for your generosity over the years. I have especially appreciated your willingness to engage with people about your aircraft. Best wishes for the years ahead.

Mike

mal998
November 14th, 2020, 07:05
Thanks Rob for the many hours of enjoyment you have provided to the community through your hard work and dedication. I have an extensive library of aircraft handbooks and manuals so should you need any research material all you need do is ask.

Best of luck in all future endeavors.

mal

gastonj
November 14th, 2020, 07:26
Thanks Rob for the many hours of enjoyment you have provided to the community through your hard work and dedication. I have an extensive library of aircraft handbooks and manuals so should you need any research material all you need do is ask.

Best of luck in all future endeavors.

mal

Hi,

Me too, I am a fan of Rob's aircraft, specially the latest spitfires and cougars!

But, do you have some documentation for the Bell P39, version Q was used by French Air Force. Maybe I'll have enough skills to try to do something (lol).

JMC

RobM
November 14th, 2020, 07:34
Yes, thanks for all your hard work Rob, especially for those really interesting but not quite so iconic planes that I don't think
would otherwise have ever seen the light of day in the flight sims. Your modelling and fde's are always so impressive. I wish
you the best of luck, and look forward to your future releases. Keep us posted!

Thanks again - RobM

tommieboy
November 14th, 2020, 14:45
Thanks Rob! Good luck with FS2020!

I spent way too many hours having to way too much fun with your Fairey Barracuda in FSX!

FSX will be the end of the road of flight simming for me and my old computer gaming rig, as the wife tightened up our retirement budget yet again this past month. The wife has given me until the end of December to "decommission" the computer / computer hutch / etc. to make room for new pantry storage shelves. :loyal:

Tommy

https://i.imgur.com/aCD0pIM.jpg

InDeepSchit
November 14th, 2020, 17:02
Rob, you've been my favorite freeware developer for quite some time now. I've countless hours across so many of your wonderful creations (flying and painting) and have nothing but the greatest appreciation for your gifts to the FS community. If I remember correctly, my first ever addon was your Sea Venom, which turned out to be one of the easiest jets to fly form in. Best of luck with the FS2020 addon development, and here's hoping to see that Shorts 330 in the SOH library sometime in the future! Cheers! :very_drunk:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79957&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79958&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79959&stc=1

b24_witchcraft
November 14th, 2020, 17:42
Hi Rob just wanted to say thanks for all of your hard work over the years for us FSX users.

Best of luck in your future endeavors. :applause::wiggle:

MZee1960
November 15th, 2020, 13:37
Thank-you, Rob, for all your wonderful FSX models and dedication to our hobby.

I too, within the next year will make the jump over to MSFS with a new rig and all, but I refuse to be a test pilot in the new sim ATM.

FSX was my first and only sim and the vast variety of scenery, weather and aircraft addons available for it, ... well, just makes the 'jump' to MSFS much harder right now.

I fully intend to keep a functioning FSX copy on my new rig as long as possible - even if just for sentimental reasons. To me, it's like a well known childhood friend.

Just very unfortunate to see a steady parade of very talented developers leaving the FSX realm, in favour of it's younger sibling across the street.

I guess it's called progress, but hey ......... I'm hiding the light switch. :sentimental:

PhantomP
November 15th, 2020, 14:45
I wonder if Rob could put up his collection of excellent planes for download here on SOH warbirds library so others who haven’t had the pleasure of flying them yet could?

mercure
November 15th, 2020, 15:02
I am just one among amny of Rob'planes lover. Many many thanks for so much good time in your wonderfully built aircrafts.
Wishing you all the best!

MrZippy
November 15th, 2020, 15:03
Rob is working on getting his stuff on this site. :applause:

Cazzie
November 15th, 2020, 15:42
Already have plenty for FS9 and FSX, love your work Rob

Pips
November 15th, 2020, 16:50
Always keenly looked forward to Rob's latest. I'll probably stay with FSX, still so much to see and do, with Rob's aircraft featuring strongly! :)

But I wish Rob the best with his development of MS2020 modelling. I won't be able to fly them, but I'll certainly look forward to seeing what he develops. :encouragement:

PhantomP
November 15th, 2020, 16:50
Rob is working on getting his stuff on this site. :applause:Great news.:ernaehrung004:

manfredc3
November 15th, 2020, 20:34
Rob,

Thank you for letting us enjoy all your great work.

I am looking forward to seeing your talent fruition in FS2020

mrogers
November 16th, 2020, 00:50
Thank you Rob for your aeroplanes...they are fine creations. I sure have enjoyed having them in my sim. I look forward to seeing them uploaded on here for others to enjoy, should you decide to do so.

harrybasset
November 16th, 2020, 07:41
Will post an FSX version of the photo Cougar on this site ASAP.

Rob

Rob I've downloaded the Photo Cougar this afternoon. Thank you again for your generosity.

Mike Oliver

Moses03
November 16th, 2020, 11:15
My favorite is the Shackleton Mk.3.

I once got caught in a blizzard flying out of northern Alaska.

https://i.imgur.com/UwmRBUS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AXJmupe.jpg

alain0568
November 17th, 2020, 01:48
Hello,

Thanks Rob for this FSX version of the Cougar!:applause:
A note however, I do not have radio frequencies display on the right side in the vc!
Can a solution be?
On the F9F-8T version, it worked perfectly!
Regards.

Alain
-

falcon409
November 17th, 2020, 05:51
Nice to see Rob's airplanes showing up in the Warbirds Library now. A chance for more people to enjoy his creations. Thanks Rob!!

huub vink
November 19th, 2020, 10:39
Indeed Rob, very much appreciated that you are making your models available via the library here.

Cheers,
Huub