PDA

View Full Version : Dummys-With-A-Paintbrush!

Tango_Romeo
February 28th, 2009, 20:34
As promised, I am creating a new version 2 of the original TR_B25C MDL file that will make repaints easy enough that even dummies-with-a-paintbrush like myself will be able to do a nice job...though I am uncertain that there is enough interest in this project to warrant the work. :typing:

It is unfortunate that when this project started there was no thought given to ease of repainting....just to making her look good in the quickest and dirtiest manner possible. That resulted in an aircraft that challenges the skills of pro skinners like Sopwith and Pen32...in fact it even gives them severe headaches. :faint:

The downside is that repaints done on ver 1 may not work well on ver 2, but that remains to be seen. :kilroy:

As you can see below, I'm getting close.....Oh, and please excuse the naked lady on the fuselage. She's a shameless hussy! As for the tail number...the devil made me do it. :caked:

OBIO
February 28th, 2009, 21:35
Does this mean that the control surfaces are going to be mapped so that bare metal and camo pattern skins can be done? Got a pile of RAF skins that are begging to be done....some even have D-Day Stripes.

OBIO

Tango_Romeo
February 28th, 2009, 22:06
Does this mean that the control surfaces are going to be mapped so that bare metal and camo pattern skins can be done? Got a pile of RAF skins that are begging to be done....some even have D-Day Stripes. OBIO

...YES. :gossip:

If a new technique (at least to me) continues to work. What you put on the template will appear exactly like that on the model. :jump:

No D-Day stripes please. They're embarassing. So gauche! :costumes:

bismarck13
March 1st, 2009, 03:59
If a new technique (at least to me) continues to work.

If you put the textures on a wing by mapping it with all the parts at once, but before you change the axes for the ailerons and flaps the textures go on fine and stay that way after you adjust the axes. They will remain that way as long as you don't reapply the texture again.

:gossip:

oldwheat
March 1st, 2009, 08:42
I'm amazed. the thread was titled: 'Dummys-With-A-Paintbrush!' and my name wasn't even mentioned!

Tango_Romeo
March 1st, 2009, 09:27
If you put the textures on a wing by mapping it with all the parts at once, but before you change the axes for the ailerons and flaps the textures go on fine and stay that way after you adjust the axes. They will remain that way as long as you don't reapply the texture again.

Oh no, Bis....I'm doing the application AFTER the axes of the moving parts have been adjusted. It looks good in FSDS2, but from what you are saying, I need to produce a MDL file to see it in practice. Because, in FSDS2, what you see IS NOT necessarily what you get.

If what you say is literally correct, then my project is terminated. :faint:

Tango_Romeo
March 1st, 2009, 09:30
I'm amazed. the thread was titled: 'Dummys-With-A-Paintbrush!' and my name wasn't even mentioned!

...you're not even ranked in the top ten. :costumes:

Tango_Romeo
March 1st, 2009, 16:59

....the mapping is staying intact even though I am doing it after the axes have been adjusted and I have reapplied them a number of times to make adjustments. :jump:

Perhaps I just misread or misunderstood what you were saying. :kilroy: