PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Virtavia Sea King, but have questions...

Navy Chief
October 26th, 2020, 07:21
I have not flown much of anything in XP, let alone any helos. I bought the Virtavia Sea King. Reviews seemed good. The model looks fine, except there is no model showing on the selection menu; only question marks. Is there a way to correct that?

Also, the handling is WAY more difficult than either FSX or P3D. I am wondering if the problem is simply adjustments I need to make to my controls? Thanks in advance. NC

edakridge
October 26th, 2020, 07:40
I agree that XP's Helo handling is WAY different than FSX or P3D. I'm not sure if it's realistic or not, having never flown a helo. But, I know from being "backseat" that the pilot's hands and feet are never actually still.

Navy Chief
October 26th, 2020, 08:41
I agree that XP's Helo handling is WAY different than FSX or P3D. I'm not sure if it's realistic or not, having never flown a helo. But, I know from being "backseat" that the pilot's hands and feet are never actually still.

Hi Ed!

Hope all is well? As for the Sea King's handling, I believe part of my problem is control calibration. I'll do more troubleshooting. Have to do so later. Wedding anniversary today.....need to get off of PC! Pete

Bjoern
October 26th, 2020, 11:40
A question mark in the aircraft selection menu means that no thumbnail for the aircraft (or livery) is present.

And keep in mind that X-Planes helicopter flight model is much more complex than MSFS'. Difficulties with control may be a side effect of that.

Also, the Sea King is a XP10 model that has never seen an update for XP11 and very most likely never will. Hence, compatibility issues may also play a part here. I would not have bought it, at least not at that price.