PDA

View Full Version : Taxiing issyes wuth AI Aircraft

Pierre_NC
October 8th, 2020, 19:35
I've downloaded the Zuikaku overhauled and de-mirrored A6M2 Zero from the CFS2 Warbirds Library and converted it to FSX using an hex editor. The plane is magnificent and works great as an AI plane for me. The only issue I have with it is the taxiing. For some reason, the plane can't turn sharp enough and finds it very hard to follow the airport taxiways. It spends lots of time making wide turns wandering around the tarmacs, even entering the terminals, and it takes forever to get to the runway to finally take off.

I don't know what to do. Can someone help me with that, please ? I've never seen a plane behaving like that before.

Thank you so much for your kind cooperation.

Pierre_NC.

expat
October 8th, 2020, 23:46
Most taildraggers - including AI versions I have made from flyable aircraft - exhibit these very strange movements on the ground in my experience.

falcon409
October 9th, 2020, 01:49
I had a similar problem back in January while trying to get my tail draggers at Eagle Field to stay on course. Here is the thread that fixed the problem. Scroll to the last few entries to see how to fix it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/118241-Eagle-Field-AI-Traffic?highlight=Eagle+Field

Pierre_NC
October 9th, 2020, 10:48
I had a similar problem back in January while trying to get my tail draggers at Eagle Field to stay on course. Here is the thread that fixed the problem. Scroll to the last few entries to see how to fix it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/118241-Eagle-Field-AI-Traffic?highlight=Eagle+Field

I did them all, the contact points, the steer angle and the empty_weight_yaw_MOI. Now I've got the perfect AI Zero fighter. No more dragging around on the carriers, rolling outside the decks above the water, lol !

Thank you so very much, Falcon.

Pierre.

tgycgijoes
October 9th, 2020, 13:09
I remember the AI Stearmans which with permission I was able to convert and use Dave Eckert's Stearman at the school taxiing wide like that but when I closed this project thread forgot about that until now. I have copied and saved the "fix" and when next encountered will fix the aircraft. Thank you.