PDA

View Full Version : B-25 Sounds

Lawdog2360
February 28th, 2009, 09:25
I've been working on a soundset for the new B-25C by TR, and have uploaded a demo to YouTube. Give it a look, and a listen, and tell me what you think. Upload date depends on what changes I might decide to make to these sounds. :USA-flag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlvG6bCulj0

Bill Kestell
February 28th, 2009, 09:37
:woot:Well ... from what I heard ... I like it. Can you hear the statrer whine or whatever and touchdown chirp when you're in the cockpit? I couldn't tell because we were outside ... but from when I heard thusfar ... it sure sounds good to me. Thanks!

Tango_Romeo
February 28th, 2009, 10:03
...got it yet, you're gettin' there very, very fast. Quite nice. :amen:

Rami
February 28th, 2009, 10:41
I certainly agree! Great work! :ernae:

Looks like I might have to retire that old Roy Chaffin soundpack...but it's a fair trade.

OBIO
February 28th, 2009, 11:04
Lawdog,

Another master piece of sound engineering you have put together. I listened to the sounds in your video several times, switching back and forth between various UTube videos of real life B-25 start ups...and your sound pack is as close to the real thing as it can get. Low engine RMP sounds are also as life like as can be. Hard to find any upper RPM range recordings to compare yours too...but to my discriminating over-sized ears, there was nothing in your new sound pack that failed to knock my socks off....which is good as it is probably time to change my socks anyhow.

Looking forward to adding this new sound pack to my engine library.

OBIO

Lawdog2360
February 28th, 2009, 12:42
Thanks for the feedback, guys. And yes, Bill, you can hear the starter whine and gear chirps inside the cockpit. I'll make some last minute adjustments the the pack tonight, and try to get it uploaded by sometime tomorrow.

Ghostrider
February 28th, 2009, 13:40
Fantastic work, Lawdog! I was lucky enough to get to take a ride in a B-24 once, never a B-25 though. I thought your sounds were totally convincing! Your sounds add so much to the sim - thanks!

Ghostrider

Skipsan
March 1st, 2009, 07:50
LD she is a work in progress. A lot more looping sound from her radials. I get a chance each year to lessen to WASP & WASP Jr. singles & twin' 6-7 week's a summer flying out of Nestor Falls Sea Plane Base Canada. Pulse a PBJ flown by the Minnesota Confederate AF Wing. From in the house you know there is a radial in the air and the PBJ, no mistaking her.

Where pulling for ya:woot::woot:

Skipsan:kilroy:

phrog_phixer
March 1st, 2009, 09:24
Lawdog, you sir are the master of sim sound! Oh and BTW, your packages work in "other" sims too.....

Ravenna
March 1st, 2009, 15:04
Sounds great. Like Bill, I am looking foreward to hearing it from inside the cockpit. Thanks Lawdog!:applause::applause:

Lawdog2360
March 1st, 2009, 18:48
I've finished a few tweaks, and have just uploaded the soundset. I would've had it up sooner, but I managed to forget my upload password, and had to rely on the good graces of Douglas to show me the light. The sounds were made using TR's new B-25C, but work equally well in the FDG2 B-25J, the MS B-25D, and the Alphasim bird. It should be available by some time tomorrow. Hope you all like it. :USA-flag:

PSULLYKEYS
March 1st, 2009, 19:09
Thank you LD!:friday:

Jerm
March 1st, 2009, 19:49
sounds good to me!

but i got to ask ya.

how did get the buildings to smoke like that when you bombed them and where you get those .50 cal sounds?

thanks

kelticheart
March 2nd, 2009, 00:23
Thank you Lawdog!
:wavey:

I didn't need to go to YouTube to know you were putting together another masterpiece soundset!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Cheers!
KH
:ernae:

Lawdog2360
March 2nd, 2009, 02:29
Jerm, the 50 cal sounds are my own, but the effects are from a file I downloaded quite some time ago, and no longer remember the name of. Quite possibly from Blade's effects package, but I'm just not certain.

Lawdog2360
March 2nd, 2009, 07:32
With the sudden rush of uploads, the sound pack was quickly pushed out of sight, so here's a direct link;

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13677

Oglivie
March 2nd, 2009, 14:39
Thanks Lawdog2360!!

:applause: