PDA

View Full Version : Sites Down??

Blinky
February 27th, 2009, 19:35
Does anybody know what the hell is going on?? Quite a number of download library sites appear to be down?? I have been trying for 2 days, to get into Simviation. Also, does anyone know where I can get the paywre version of Emma Field, now that Lago is kaput. Francois Dumas at E F Flying Club, has not responded to me.

:help: Blinky

mrogers
February 27th, 2009, 21:46
Hi Blinky,
I just visited simviation without a problem, no problems on my end.

About the payware Emma Field, the fs2002 version is available at Flight1.com, but I don't know if there's an upgrade to fs2004 though.
Heres a link to Flight1 >>> http://www.flight1.com/

hope it helps, cheers.

strega13
February 27th, 2009, 22:14
simmarket still seems to have it for sale
http://secure.simmarket.com/lago-emma-field-2004.phtml

wombat666
February 27th, 2009, 22:26
You may well need to 'adjust your browser settings' ............:kilroy:

Blinky
February 28th, 2009, 12:11
Thanks Y'all !!

I tweaked my browser and "accidentally" got the Dl's to work! I could get into the sites, but not the FTP links. I am working with Francois on the Emma package. Lago is a done deal, and Sim Market is a dead end for the Emma Field scenery. Seems Lago left owing them money????

Blinky

stansdds
March 1st, 2009, 04:03
There are times that I get error messages when trying to download from Avsim and SimAviation. It could be server problems or maintenance or simply their servers are overloaded with download requests. Patience is the key, simply try again at a later time.

Desert Rat
March 1st, 2009, 07:02
mmmmm, for Emma field, the FS2002 version is still available at Flight1, nice, no?

And on the SimMarket page linked above, the free FS2004 update is still downloadable (I just tried it),

For all Emma Field 2002 customers is available the free FS2004 compatibility patch
go to the link and click on the bold text shown above.

Now the question, if you can't get this from Simmarket, could we buy the Fs2002 version from F1 and use this patch to upgrade to FS9?

Jamie

Desert Rat
March 1st, 2009, 12:17
From info I've found/read on the web, the update is actually the full package, would still need to purchase it for the serial number, not sure if the Flight1 version would work being a hard copy on disc, serial codes might be different as I've seen that the old FS2002 serial should also work in the update. Don't quote me on any of this, I've considered trying it, butthought better of it for the time being, non in stock at Flight1's european warehouses.

I did find this, shame you can't buy from a web archive, lol.
http://web.archive.org/web/20070416044521/www.lagosim.com/default.asp?act=scheda&p=100054&lang=eng

I also googled the zip name from the above link hoping to find a vendor, found a link to Simflight network forum and the info I mention above.

so still confused, but I recall a few other members looking for this including myself, so tried digging a bit,
Jamie

Blinky
March 7th, 2009, 09:19
Still would love to purchase a working and valid copy of Emma Field 2002 or 2004, WITH a VALID install code, if I could find a current legal vendor. I am a bit tired of the back and forth political BS about this subject. I just want the damn scenery!!!!

:bump: Blinky

Desert Rat
March 7th, 2009, 10:10
Blinky,

flight 1 have the FS2002 for sale, might be worth checking with them about the code. All the boxed Lago products I have include the code on a sticker on the front of the jewel case within the large (now binned) cardboard outer boxes, maybe this will be the same. Also see Falcons reply about installing this on another thread. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=12194

Jamie

Blinky
March 7th, 2009, 15:48
Thanks Jamie
I have read Falcon's posts. Like him, I am tired of the back and forth politics and the "covert" aspect of this Lago stuff! Lago is dead!!!! Lets get on with flying........from Emma Field hopefully??

:ernae: Blinky

Blinky
March 7th, 2009, 15:49
repeat has been cancelled..........Blinky

Francois
March 8th, 2009, 08:50
Thanks Jamie
I have read Falcon's posts. Like him, I am tired of the back and forth politics and the "covert" aspect of this Lago stuff! Lago is dead!!!! Lets get on with flying........from Emma Field hopefully??

:ernae: Blinky

I'm on vacation abroad since Feb 22nd and may have missed one or two posts somehow.

But the 'political BS' as you call it is certainly NOT on my part or that of simMarket.
Simple FACT is that LAGO went belly-up and apparently nobody can legally sell Emma Field for FS2004 anymore (at least not as far as I know). And no, the serial numbers of Flight1's FS2002 version will NOT work on the FS2004 Update from simMarket.

It is not that we don't want to, but rather that we do not have the RIGHT to.

Now, we're working hard to design an all-new Emma Field (for FSX) at FSaddon.com, since I bought the rights to the name and brand before LAGO disappeared from the earth.

Bests,
Francois

Blinky
March 8th, 2009, 08:51
Sorry!

Anyhow, it appears Flight 1 is no longer handling Emma 02??
Any other ideas wher it may be had?????
I really do want that pkg, as I have a lot of other enhancements for that area..........:faint:Blinky

Francois
March 8th, 2009, 09:09
I may be able to do something. Please send me your e-mail address at francois@fssupport.com.