PDA

View Full Version : RE: Lost my land textures

brad kaste
February 27th, 2009, 19:02
Hi All,
This is a new one for me. When I fired up FS9 this evening all the land textures seem to be missing. All land areas are a light blue in color. I hadn't done any editing. Any thoughts or inputs would be appreciated. Thanks.

harleyman
February 27th, 2009, 19:10
Can you repair from the disk?????

I will send them to you in e mail, but I'm affraid they are way to big for that...But we can try .....

Wing_Z
February 27th, 2009, 19:27
Cool effect huh?
There is one little .bmp file corrupted in your main texture folder..Do Not Panic, someone is going to tell you which one in a short while.
You could probably use Windows system restore and get it back, too.

brad kaste
February 27th, 2009, 19:35
harleyman,
Thanks for the offer. But I'm in luck... I turned off the computer,...rebooted,...and the land textures came
back on. Just before I tried FS9 I had run some clean up programs
on the computer. But I wouldn't think they should have any negative
effect on the game.
Maybe someone would have an idea why this occurred in the first
place. And why rebooting the computer somehow 'cured' the issue?
And anyway of preventing this in the future?
(Time to hit the sack......I'll see what transpires tomorrow...:kilroy:)
-Brad

brad kaste
February 27th, 2009, 19:39
Wing Z.....cool effect?.....heh-heh,....I enjoy flying over water but not when it looks like I'm part of Noah's Ark. Anyway,...it would be good to know why this oddity happened in the first place and what to do to prevent it.
Yeah,.........I was thinking of doing a restore before I'd have to do a total un-install/re-install. That would give me night mares.

adhockey
February 27th, 2009, 20:10
harleyman,
Maybe someone would have an idea why this occurred in the first
place. And why rebooting the computer somehow 'cured' the issue?

Rebooting always seems to fix everything. And when it doesn't... that's when it's really time to panic! :help: