PDA

View Full Version : Unstable flyers

JAllen
August 24th, 2020, 16:19
I am experiencing terrible instability with some acft. The Baron and King Air are nearly unflyable. Airbus and Cessnas are solid. Flying with no weather. Increased dead zones on my Warthog. Went thru calibration too.
Am I the only one?

Bomber_12th
August 24th, 2020, 16:24
I wouldn't touch the dead zones, and would leave those at 0, but everyone should adjust the sensitivity settings for their joystick, yoke, and rudder pedal controllers. I use a CH Products Fighterstick and CH Products Rudder Pedals, and I have the sensitivity set at -25 for all of the aileron, elevator and rudder axes. To me, this is a perfect setting for those controllers, but some may find different results with different types of controllers.

JAllen
August 24th, 2020, 16:30
With no input from me, hands off, the acft bounce left wing down to right wing down nose up nose down like a drunken pilot. Added a 10% dead zone to rule out jitters in axes.
Did not help.

FlyingsCool
August 24th, 2020, 18:14
With no input from me, hands off, the acft bounce left wing down to right wing down nose up nose down like a drunken pilot. Added a 10% dead zone to rule out jitters in axes.
Did not help.

Did you try reducing the axes as Bomber suggested? I thought it was a turbulence problem for me, but, reducing the axis sensitivity did seem to help for me. Also, I tried a live weather flight for the first time tonight, and it was much more realistic than the canned weather. I had thought I was using live weather the whole time, till I looked closely at the settings (it said "Live" but it wasn't, button was not on live weather).

StormILM
August 24th, 2020, 22:53
It is critical to get the axis tuned via the main control settings as well as the sensitivity for each axis. That and the trim which itself needs sensitivity tuning. You can experiment with the curves and dead zones for each axis and trim for Roll, Pitch, and Yaw but I would leave the Throttle linear (no curve). Once the tweaking is done, these models fly very well. I added the pitch trim to my slider on the Warthog Throttle Quadrant which works super well like a trim wheel but you have to set those functions to very low sensitivity or it will take you for a very wild ride.