PDA

View Full Version : 82nd F.G.

highpockets
August 19th, 2020, 16:06
looking for bsk_mtarfal; amamb; amfiretr ????
I have done a filelist dat delete and cdp clean out.

highpockets
August 20th, 2020, 04:12
amamb and amfiretr are in the objects and apparently are part of the original CFS 2 install objects.They are in all my other installs in the objects with no issues. Not sure why not being picked up in mission.

highpockets
August 20th, 2020, 05:03
[Mission file error]
error=Unable to init unit 9063
title=82nd 15
filename=E:\CFS 2 82nd F.G\MISSIONS\82nd 15

[unit.30]
id=9063
type_id=4121

[unit_type.7]
type_id=4121
unit_family=4
name=amamb

I am not a mission builder so maybe someone can take a look and see.

Rami
August 21st, 2020, 04:18
Highpockets,

The "BSK" missing object is a fort from Brunosk's Malta Scenery. You don't need to install the scenery, (I think) just the OBJECTS_DP and SCENEDB\INF folders.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=6060

As far as the amamb is concerned, that should in theory be a stock object, but if I find it, I will let you know.

highpockets
August 21st, 2020, 06:22
Thanks Rami. I had already done that.
There were several missing objects other than the BSK that I was able to find and install. The amamb and the amfiretr are both stock items and I am not sure why they are not showing up in various missions. Wondering if anyone else has set this wonderful campaign up and run it to see if they are missing the same or if my computer is having some kind of "hickup"

Rami
August 22nd, 2020, 01:42
Highpockets,

I hope you recorded what these were! I can't speak for Captain Kurt, but speaking for myself, one of the things that annoys the crap out of me is not getting feedback about items that are missing. As an example, I am currently reworking the Balkans Project, using Stuart277's ships for much greater authenticity.

In this process, I am finding all sorts of issues I was not aware of, especially in terms of missing objects and airfields, because I'm using an individual install that isn't tied to my other sims. You'd think after two hundred some-odd downloads, that people would have spoken up by now.

Allen
August 22nd, 2020, 01:55
Is the amamb and the amfiretr even listed your Mission Builder for this install?

highpockets
August 22nd, 2020, 03:02
Allen
I am only installing the campaign as uploaded. The items are listed in are in each mission file that does not load up. I am not building the missions. I have been able to find most of the missing objects but the amamb and amfiretr are the ones in nearly every mission that are the problem.

highpockets
August 22nd, 2020, 03:11
Rami.
keeping track.
C47_Dakota and cargo;the bsk items; Junkers JU-52 project; Kawauso bombs; German_weapons.zip;an it_200kg if haven't found yet.
In addition after I find and load these, the amamb and amfiretr still fails the missions where they are.

Allen
August 22nd, 2020, 07:17
I asked if they are working in MB as maybe the whole CFS1 library is disabled in the Scenery Library or the scenery_cfs_library.bgl has been deleted.

highpockets
August 22nd, 2020, 07:48
Allen thanks. I am such a dummy. I will see what I can find later.Not sure I even know how to do that, but I will learn. Maybe Cody Coyotes book can help. Never have used mission builder or even looked at it.:dizzy:

highpockets
August 22nd, 2020, 07:56
Does an asterisk before the name in the mdlfile indicate disabled?

Allen
August 22nd, 2020, 08:35
Anything starting with an asterisk means CFS1 object. Once MB is up click on the target/gunsight reticle on the top. Next on the left side change from Infrastructure to Vehicle. The *American Ambulance (amamb) will be select first. Now click on the map to place the object.

A target/gunsight reticle should now be on the map. IF the object is NOT found by CFS2 you will get an error. If no error is seen than the object is working fine in MB and should be fine in missions.

highpockets
August 22nd, 2020, 10:09
Captain Kurt must have forgot to place it. I shows up in each mission file in the missions list, but the mission won't load and gives the dreaded "Error loading mission file. Either mission file is corrupt or formatted improperly". I would be venturing into unknown territory for me, but I may give it a try.

Allen
August 22nd, 2020, 10:30
AmAmb is the stock *American Ambulance from CFS1 that comes with CFS2. It can't be forgot.

Start CFS2 and go to Settings. On the Setting page click on Scenery Library. Make sure that CFS1 Library is on the list and checked. If yes go to SCENEDB\library\scenery and make sure you have the scenery_cfs_library.bgl

highpockets
August 22nd, 2020, 11:28
Allen
:ernaehrung004: I had deleted the filelist .dat in everything but that file.:banghead:
I thought my cleanout filelistDAT would get everything , but I guess not! I learned something today.
Thanks for your patience. I still have to find some of the missing objects, but that fixed the amamb and amfiretr issues.

Devildog73
August 30th, 2020, 08:14
Highpockets,

There is a guide somewhere, I have done a cursory look through my files and not yet found it. I found it on either AVSIM or FLIGHTSIM site whereby one of our fellow hobbyists did a tutorial on removing ALL CFS1 objects from CFS2.
I have done it in 2-3 of my installs and know that it works fine until you install a mission which calls for them. If that happens, I hand edit the mission file to change the CFS1 object to a CFS2 counterpart. IT IS TIME CONSUMING....

I have to open three screens side-by-side to accomplish the task; 1) mdlnames.txt, 2) OBJECTS_DP, 3) SCENEDB. In SCENEDB one has to move between sub-folders and delete individual BGL files, then finally as the last step delete the cfs1_library.bgl from the LIBRARY sub-folder in SCENEDB. One can only delete about 10-15 items at a time, start CFS2 and go into a mission, close and exit, delete *.cdp, index, filelist.dat and then repeat the process. There are over 180 CFS1 objects in CFS2 library. Deleting them all and still having a functional MB and Sim takes patience....

The only problem I have encountered is exactly what you describe. We still have mission builders who use CFS1 objects in CFS2. Even with Allen's and other's work to convert the CFS1 objects to CFS2, many of them are still TOO BIG to match CFS2. A mere CFS1 house next to a CFS2 house looks like an apartment building IMO. CFS1 ships are outrageously big in CFS2.

My personal opinion, which is a dime a dozen, is there is no reason to continue to use CFS1 objects in MB CFS2 missions and campaigns, ESPECIALLY because our scenery gurus here, and on the above named sister sites, have made most, if not all, we need in CFS2 to CFS2 scale, which have better textures and are able to be destroyed. I have actually flown through CFS1 buildings and ships and nothing happened.
All of my newer missions/campaigns avoid CFS1 objects use, period. If I get an error while building due to an airfield or scenery package from our wonderful scenery creators, if I can edit a replacement CFS2 object in, I do so, if not able, I try to install just that CFS1 object without having to re-install the cfs1_library. bgl. That failing, if there is a different scenery package which I can use or build myself, I do so to keep from using CFS1 stull.

Lee

highpockets
August 30th, 2020, 14:08
Thanks Devildog73 for your comments. Rami posted an Excel spread sheet with ETO objects a while back.

Captain Kurt
August 30th, 2020, 21:48
Have to disagree there, DD. The CFS1 American Ambulance and American Fire Truck are both one and only. Because these emergency vehicle types were ubiquitous on airfields, I use them in my USAAF campaigns. If replacements were available I would use them but there aren't. I also will sometimes use CFS1 ground vehicles for targets to simplify loading requirements. As targets they don't require much detail.

Removing the CFS1 vehicle objects from CFS2 will cause my campaigns to not load the missions.:173go1:

highpockets
August 31st, 2020, 06:31
Capt Kurt.
Kind of cool to see a fire truck and ambulance along the way as I take off. Also have to watch that staff car kicking up dust. Driver might take the Colonel across the runway! :devilish: